1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team for Forest

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, May 9, 2024.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Gets a bit easier if Poch is prepared to change the Team ,but that won't be easy after last games.
    So, injuries aside, here's what I'd go for.

Petrovic
    Gusto Chalobah Silva Cucurella
    Gallagher Caicedo
    Palmer Casadei Madueke
    Jackson

I'd keep Chalobah who links really well with Gusto, and rest Badiashile, then drop Mudryk and play Cesare Casadei in front of Gallagher and Caseido.

Thoughts???

2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

<ok>
    I agree, Casadei deserves more minutes and gives us something fresh.
    Mudryk, despite his form having improved somewhat, is still one of the players who needs to go for me.
    I think Chalobah is the stabiliser in our back line and I think he can play well alongside anyone we have on the books!

Forest still aint safe though, so I dont think this will be an easy game, especially at their gaff.
    I think this will be tight, am going for a 2-1 chelsea win.
    Jackson and a Cole Palmer penalty :D

3. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

4. Chelsea Pensioner

I thought 1st half was absolutely dire from Chelsea. Gone was the incisive running of the last month with the entire team (except Palmer and Mudryk) actually walking backwards facing the wrong way, watching what the standing still Silva was going to do with the ball. The answer mostly was, pass it sideways !! We were absolutely pathetic. One great burst and we scored, apart from that we seemed fixated on how many side and back passes we could make in our own goal area.
    That was the worst game from Silva I have ever seen, well, for 60 mins anyway.For once, even Poch decided we needed change early and on come subs , Gusto and Nkunku and we started running !! Everything looked as if the engine had finally started, and up went the tempo and in went the goals. Great to see Reece James look instantly assured and even a very well taken goal from Sterling of all people. Every win is a good one but a weird and crazy performance to boot.

5. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

A fit and heathy Reece James will make our team thrive. Sell him, nah. The man and captain is exactly what we need next year.

6. Chelsea Pensioner

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed that he can stay fit and no more hamstring problems. Can't quite believe how he just walked on and was instantly up to speed then sends in a sublime cross that even Gusto couldn't have done. Incredible.

7. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Was a bit more of what you’d expect our team to be last night. The subs made a huge difference and so many times this season we haven’t had that, our bench has been full of teenagers.

We’re definitely improving but the only thing worrying me is all our defenders look considerably average when they aren’t playing next to Thiago Silva. We desperately need a centre back next season and it’s absolutely gotta be the right one.

8. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

We seem to be getting there.
    I love Reece, and if he can stay fit and play he is a 100% keep player, but when he is turning in 10 games a season, its a no brainer.
    Hopefully he can stay fit now.

9. Chelsea Pensioner

Can't believe the Chelsea News website in reporting Gareth Southgate and Eddie Howe being discussed to take over from Poch !!
    Talk about a death wish, Southgate would bore opponents into submission and Howe couldn't manage to find a bus home.

Diego likes this.