1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team v Birmingham

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Fulham COYW, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Hope Cottager58 is ok - Not heard from him in a little while.

I thought I'd open the thread on our next crucial away trip to Birmingham. It will be interesting to see how we respond to the throw away game last weekend when players and fans were left totally frustrated.

Sounds like Baird is back and there is a possible start for Woodrow. I'm not sure about that, I think I'd rather have Dembele start and Woodrow come on after 70 mins depending on how the game pans out. Dembele got a lot of stick last weekend for his casual saunter of the pitch - we need a reaction from him

Parker has to start too and I'd have Fredericks again.

A win would do wonders after last week but a point is acceptable as far as I am concerned but crucially we need to have a QPR performance and play well for 95 minutes. I wasn't going to go but after last week I decided the team needs fans support and I'm going to do what I can to push them on.

Cravingawin and 2whitestripes like this.
  2. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

I'm hoping our away form is going to help. Seems there's always more pressure on the home side to perform and attack, so may be we will be better at counter attacking.

Might be a change to Bettinelli back in goal, put Amorebieta into defensive midfield instead of Parker., and Smith up top with McCormack.

3. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

Very likely indeed!

To go down that is, although today was a good point!

Good night...

4. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

Given our recent form id probably have taken a point before the game, it is a good point away from home against a decent team, but yet again its more points lost from a winning position. Happened far too many times this season, 26 points dropped and counting.

5. Fulham COYW

We Played ok for 90 minutes so happy with that and it's a point.

I thought it was a game that we edged first half but a draw represented the 90 minute display. It could have gone either way as we both had good chances and this season in games like that we have come off worse so a draw I'll settle with. Problems is Rotherham and Bristol City won so makes that Milton Keynes game massive.

Nice day out. Surprised how quiet Birmingham fans were. Their vocal support is worse than ours and the litter around the area where I parked is disgraceful.

6. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Ever been to Villa's ground? Somewhere under IS control is more picturesque. On the way we discovered something we called the "rubbish tree" - basically a tree with the local estates bin bags strewn around it like fallen leaves. The remnants of someones kitchen were also decorating the street as were several dirty nappies not in those nappy sacks.

Makes our streets with orange trees lining them seem like something from paradise.

Fulham COYW likes this.
  7. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Highlights of the Birmingham game

8. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Well I'd never have guessed at that line up. While I'll take the point and pleased to read COYW's comment that we played okay for the whole game, it does concern me that Slavi continues to tinker so much with his selections. Beginning to get that Felix feeling!

And looking at the highlights, how on earth did Parker miss ??

9. Fulham COYW

So glad you're back and OK. Sounds like you had a great time.

I felt a fraud starting the Fulham v XXXX thread without you.

10. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

That I did, although had a few withdrawal symptoms not knowing what was happening over here, and thanks COYW.