1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

That's my boy ...

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Smug in Boots, May 18, 2024.

1. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

... girl, whoever you're proud of ... post it on here and leave it for posterity. It's amazing how, when you're 'searching' for a word something comes up unexpectedly from the past. Who knows who'll chance upon your post in years to come.

cumbrianmackem posted this about his Grandson ... with a capital 'G' :emoticon-0103-cool:

"Sorry lads but another update about my Grandson and his pathway in Refereeing.
    I've just got back from holiday to find out not only has he had his promotion to level 6 been confirmed but he's been selected to go early next month to Man Utd Carrington Centre to undergo a one day trial along with other young Refs and if he passes Westmoreland FA will send him to St George's Park to take part in a four day session run by Warwick University as part of an enhanced route on his Refereeing career.
    Westmoreland are obviously keeping a keen eye on him and his next step is in his own hands.
    To say this has topped our week is an understatement, he's taking charge of a Cup Final to bring this season to a close on Sunday, Proud doesn't touch it really, hope he takes it in his stride. Can't believe he's just turned 17."

Last edited: May 18, 2024
  2. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's age/stage but my two year old daughter Freyja seems to be turning into a truly terrible human being.

I can see her taking over a small island/nation somewhere as an undeomcratically "elected" tyrant and subjugating its population to a religion based upon the works of A.A Milne.

So that's nice.

LAMackem, TopCat_, Saf and 24 others like this.
  3. Snaggey

Snaggey Well-Known Member

Pleased you posted that Smug, it definately deserved its own thread.
    @cumbrianmackem sounded proud as punch, and so he should.

Ha'way the proud posts.

LAMackem, Young Ted, vic9 and 12 others like this.
  4. Confucius

Confucius Well-Known Member

Oh well can anyone join?
    My son who once asked his mam if you need to remove an egg shell before you hard boil it, is a Paramedic in Stockton. That was one proud day at Teesside Uni, which I thought whilst dragging them up, that I would never see. I don’t care, I’m still proud to say, my son is a Paramedic. The down side is he’s constantly being assaulted and is thinking of jacking it all in.

LAMackem, TopCat_, Saf and 22 others like this.
  5. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your sons experiences, society needs a reset. Blessings.

ISOE II, Snaggey, vic9 and 5 others like this.
  6. Disco down under

****ing horrible how people in that job are treated. Baffling given the support they offer. You're right to be proud.

ISOE II, Snaggey, vic9 and 8 others like this.
  7. Smug in Boots

Sickening that mate, I'd issue them with tazers if I could.

Saf, ISOE II, Snaggey and 8 others like this.
  8. LBW

LBW Well-Known Member

Paramedics are angels in green ! If anyone so much as lifts a finger to one they should be refused NHS treatment and left to suffer. You have a bloody good right to be proud, your sons saving lives everyday!

mrs em, TopCat_, gelders pie and 10 others like this.
  9. Moanjam

Moanjam Well-Known Member

My boy is 27 an only child and is now a senior school teacher and the kids absolutely love him, it's more than a job to him he also takes the footy team in his own time I'm really proud of the fact he's making a difference to young people who will remember him for the rest of their lives. He's been a diamond all his life and never been in bother or brought any trouble to the door. We still do loads together Matches/F1/Golf, proud Fatha.

mrs em, Saf, Young Ted and 15 others like this.
  10. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Well-Known Member

Im proud of all my kids, but my youngest daughter and son are the two that continue to astound me with how they cope with the hand life has dealt them.

My daughter is down syndrome and lights up a room with her love, personality and humour. She only sees the best in everyone and just wants everyone to be happy and feel loved

My son has photosensitive and absence epilepsy and we are 2 years into his autism diagnosis. He was horribly bullied at his last school, to the point we had to get the police involved and only now is starting to come out of the shadow that cast over him.

Maybe not the achievements that scream successful but to me and my good lady they are things to be proud of

11. Essayyeffcee

Essayyeffcee Well-Known Member

You have every right to be proud of your kids, what parent wouldn't be? In this world it's a pity that others don't see the world as your daughter does - it may be a better place in which to live

Kemer Rouge, rooch 3, ISOE II and 9 others like this.
  12. farnboromackem

farnboromackem Well-Known Member

Our daughter is a Spa Therapist at Ramside Hall. She was, unwittingly, entered into a National competition; her specialty is Spa Facial Treatment. She has made the top seven and has, this week, just had her final treatment judged. If she is selected in the top three she will be going to a presentation ceremony in Windsor....fingers crossed but whatever the outcome, we are super proud parents

mrs em, Saf, Young Ted and 16 others like this.
  13. Smug in Boots

For reasons that are too stupid and complicated to explain I have 'an in' at Windsor ...

... keep us all posted and I might be able to assist with passes or whatever.

Young Ted, Snaggey and farnboromackem like this.
  14. farnboromackem

farnboromackem Well-Known Member

That's super kind thank you. She has been told that she will know more at the end of June beginning of July.

Smug in Boots and Snaggey like this.
  15. Bank of England 2

Bank of England 2 Well-Known Member

There needs to be stiff prison sentences for anyone assaulting a member of the emergency services. You've every right to be proud of your son. Really hope he doesn't give in to these lame brains who are ****ing up our society.

mrs em, Saf, cumbrianmackem and 5 others like this.
  16. Mikki Disco

Mikki Disco Well-Known Member

That’s my girl for me…

youngest plays in goal and doing really well, just won player of the season, players player of the season and player of the league (u12’s)

Was pretty **** at first until she realised she doesn’t have to wait for someone to have a shot and now just takes ball, striker and half of the defence as soon as there’s a sniff of danger. Saved last 3 pens and has more medals than Mr T
    f55e7da1-4c0c-44a8-8163-8d4212075fa2.jpeg

17. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

When life gives you shyte you get a wake up call sometimes and realise you have everything to live for..
    FB_IMG_1716078943463.jpg

mrs em, LAMackem, TopCat_ and 21 others like this.
  18. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

Somebodys pinched my sombrero Well-Known Member

Cracking girl as well!

19. Disco down under

Character and resilience and the ability to find happiness in life, especially in the face of difficulty, are the biggest achievements you can hope for your kids.

I was brought up in a house obsessed by money and status with no interest in happiness. As an adult I have neither money nor status and I struggle to motivate myself to chase either. And I struggle to find happiness much of the time.

You are a better parent than mine were, my friend, be proud of yourself for valuing the right things.

20. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

My grate grandson 6 in June
    Just staring to play football and he looks fine
    Wants the ball off the keeper and knows we’re the goal is
    Still young but we enjoyed watching the team last Sunday
    They played a team from Washington who were far superior
    However this was his first game

LAMackem, Saf, ROKER REVIEW and 10 others like this.