1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The 2013 World Snooker Championships from Sheffield | Snooker

Discussion in 'General Betting Board' started by redcgull, Apr 16, 2013.

1. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

So its a Rocket v Bazza final, and one that we should all probably know who's gonna win it...!!! This could be a cake walk for Ronnie and i only hope that Hawkins brings his +A game and Ronnie has a a couple of bad sessions...

For all you Ronnie fans id just sit back and see him stroll to his 5th World Championship crown sometime on monday...<cheers>

2. redcgull

Final prediction...

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Barry Hawkins...

The Rocket to win 18-11...

3. Rocket 18-13 <ok>

4. RonnieCFC

RonnieCFC Member

Hmmm 18-12 to the Rocket!

5. Good shout <ok>

Congratulations Ronnie.

Bad news that he's struggling financially. Good news for us though as it means he won't be retiring just yet <diva>

6. Englandfor2014WC

Englandfor2014WC New Member

Rocket Ronnie - the greatest snooker player ever. In my mind there is NO doubt of that

7. redcgull

Well done to the Rocket for pulling off what we all thought he could do but maybe didnt really think he would. It's very hard to go any length of time without playing any snooker matches and then just turn up and play like he did, impressive stuff really...

The fact he did so with some ease in the end shows what a class player he is, and as a man he always feel's his best when playing snooker. But he just has these bored out of his head moments and that is what lets him down. He wont retire as he loves the game to much, plus he isnt skint like he say's he is...:bandit:

Glad to see him back, and if he has got it in him, he could look no further than in front of him and Steve Davis and Stephen Hendry's Crucible records and go pass them... Its all about whats in his head...

<cheers>

8. Although I understand the point your making, youdon't exactly need to get'match fit' for snooker. He practiced for two months so would have gotten his eye in well before the tournament started.

9. redcgull

You quiet right Gerrez, he did practice for a month or so leading up to the Worlds, but practicing and actual match play are very different animals. You dont get the match tension in a deciding frame, you dont get the 'dont miss' shot's or this will cost me a 4 frame deficit, and you certainly dont get the feel of playing in a big tournament surrounded by all the media, fans and expectation that goes with it...

I do know he was playing against Stephen Hendry just before his first match, and that would 'got his eye in' for starters, but its the mental side of snooker that is so hard to maintain. Trust me i know snooker lads who knock 100's in for fun on a daily/weekly basis. What stops them from being world beaters...? That 6 inches between each ear... If youv'e never played anyone for over 10 months in a competition its going to be very hard to get used to the pace of play and the mental side of it...

It is no strange thing that as the tournament and matches went by, Ronnie got better and better, no coincidence there i think...

10. GGW

GGW Well-Known Member

84 quid actually. Still.