1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The 2014 Snooker World Championships at Sheffield

Discussion in 'General Betting Board' started by redcgull, Apr 16, 2014.

1. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Rocket through comfortably beating Hawkins 17-7 and I don't think he has hit form yet even <yikes> bookies were clearly right to be afraid and got the pricing spot on I guess!

Robbo and Selby finely poised and I think a lot of snooker left, this century of centuries may have taken a toll on Robertson's state of mind and I think Selby will progress and he holds a slender 9-7 advantage resuming at 10a.m it could go to the wire this, hard to call for certain.

2. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Them damn bookies giving so generous odds of 11/8 for him to win it...<yikes><grr><laugh>

Ive got my 10/1 ticket on Selby still alive, so ive got something coming back if he makes the final. But like you say STH, you need a coin to split Selby and Robbo at the moment...

Bazza Hawkins didn't really get Ronnie under any pressure, but I think his final opponent, whoever it will be, will... Im not saying that they will beat him but these two are some of the very few that you could say can beat Ronnie over this longer format... Looking forward to it as ive not watched as much as I would like do have done, bloomin good weather, long weekends and people wanting to go out...pffffttt<laugh>

Anyway, for my thoughts it was great for Robbo to get his 100x100's and it would be great if Selby can win his first World title. But the Rocket is going to be very hard to stop... Oh, and he is 1/3 to win it now...!!!

3. SaveTheHumans

Selby made it red <cheers> gonna have to be on form which he look's to be now to beat O'Sullivan but he is capable for sure. Selby is playing very well and potting very well which is good. I've nothing riding on it, I think O'Sullivan will win but I hope Selby can do it for ya now I just hope it is a good competitive final although you will prob take Selby 18-8 quickfast :D

4. redcgull

Cheers STH... I think that the only players that could give Ronnie a game is either Selby or Robbo so lets hope we get a good standard and good battle. Yeah, ive hit my e/w money, but its all about watching two players going at it at their very best, which is always hard with it being a best of 35...

Anyway, I can sit back now and relax and watch these final sessions away from work, so here's to a good final, with plenty of drama...<cheers>

Oh, and it's the Players Championships next week, so I will be getting my homework in for when that starts on Thursday. It's one of my favourite golfing tournaments so it would be nice if I could take a bit of money out of the snooker and use it for this come the start...<ok>

5. SaveTheHumans

<applause> well done red. Selby wore him down in the end and won pretty handy after, Ronnie could never get going and that's credit to Selby for not allowing him too.

6. redcgull

Jester time...!!!!!!

Superb stuff from Selby, and to be honest Ronnie didn't blame anyone else, or himself, he just said the best man won and I tried my stones off and I couldn't do it...<applause>

He has some spirit Selby doesn't he. Jeez, he's never lost until the fat woman is half way through her set...!!! Some effort that to take 10 frames out of 12 off Ronnie, he deserves it just on that stat alone... Considering I missed quiet a lot of the tournament from what ive seen its been a good one. The Selby-Robbo semi-final was epic, and the final its self was as absorbing a contest as you would want to see... Great stuff, all topped off with a 10/1 winner for myself...

Cheers for all the input from the boys, lets hope for another good year for the sport and our enjoyment...<cheers>

7. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

Well done Red
    Great to see selby win last night.

Onto the PLAYERS now! Get that research done..i'm ithcing to give you the winner!! hehe

8. SaveTheHumans

Can't wait for the '5th' major, love it just for the 17th alone :D