1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The boxing

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Sweats, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Fosse vs Chief

Currently still in the early rounds, Fosse swinging and missing with a couple of haymakers. Chief starting to walk him down.

Lovearsenalcock and Skylarker like this.
  2. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Probably pissed mate ... I listen to his breakfast show on TalkSport most mornings and I reckon he's always pissed ...

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  3. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Don't be silly ... I'm dancing like a Sugar Ray and he's looking less like Roberto Duran and more like Jimmy Durante ... and how can you take a bloke seriously who can't even spell Chef ffs <whistle>

4. Androminan

Androminan Active Member

Wilder will ko Joshua when they fight .

5. Libby

Libby 9-0

Wilder will get done by Fury.

6. Androminan

Androminan Active Member

Maybe but its unlikely imo

7. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

I genuinely think the AJ V DW fight could happen 10 times and end up 5-5. Neither of them appear tactical enough to outclass the other.

On an entertainment level, Joshua v Wilder is the one we all want to happen, but they both know that Fury would beat them in the ring by boxing smart, neither are capable of beating him over 12 rounds on the cards, they’d need a KO and even that could take a few knock-downs before he stays down.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  8. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

He could do if he can get that right hand on target as soon as possible but I'm not sure Wilder has the skill to do that against Joshua - it took him a long time to get a clean shot against Fury and then it didn't have enough to keep him down.

9. Androminan

Androminan Active Member

He's bound to connect and when he does thats it .. Joshua doesn't move his head like fury and he got fury twice. When you've got power like that that you carry 12 rounds its just a matter of time .

10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

You are really underestimating Joshua - he is a much better boxer then Fury who wasn't smart enough not to be knocked down twice by Wilder whose boxing skills are his biggest weakness.

Fury also doesn't have the power to hurt elite heavyweights which is surprising given he is the biggest one and that he got knocked down when he was clipped by Wilder and nearly getting KOed when Wilder was gassed out doesn't speak well of his chin either.

Last edited: May 20, 2019

11. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Fury doesn't have the power that Joshua has as well - Wilder had no fear of Fury KOing him which is why he kept on going full tilt into Fury.

If he does the same against Joshua do you think his chin is strong enough? 39 year old Luis Ortiz gave him a lot of problems.

12. Androminan

Androminan Active Member

I think wilder kos Joshua early hes all wrong for him just my opinion though

13. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I would love for the match to happen asap and then we can see - am hoping for Wilder to be at Joshua's fight and jumping in at the end to make a challenge like the good old days.

14. Tel (they/them)

I don’t agree ref Joshua, if he comes out of a fight with Fury undefeated then I’d eat my hat. Perhaps you see more to him than I do, but from what I have watched he’d be out-boxed.

The power thing is bollocks, he’s got more than enough power in his punches to put any heavyweight to sleep, you can’t just act like these lads are made of stone, if any of them catch each other good enough it’s lights out. What matters more than any of that is the ability to not get hit and Fury is better at that than both, and I’m not talking about not getting hit with one big shot, I’m talking not getting hit repeadly by your opponent and losing round after round.

Try telling Floyd Mayweather he had to hurt people to beat them. Fury knows his strengths and technically he pisses all over AJ and DW. He beat DW after fighting a couple of pigeons and doing a 4 year stretch in McDonalds ffs.

Sharpe* and Lovearsenalcock like this.
  15. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why you are taking me thinking the guy with the Olympic gold medal has more skill then the guy who couldn't even make the Olympics personally - is just my opinion mate.

Also I know you don't need to he had to hurt people to beat them but it helps a lot - Floyd Mayweather actually did when he fought as while his excellent defence is what he is known for, he was ridiculously accurate with his punches and does have a good KO record.

What isn't an opinion is what I said about Fury's power - if he has as much power as you say then Wilder must be made of stone as the only thing that really affected him in their fight was him gassing himself out. Fury didn't have enough power to do anything against Klitschko as well before his stint in McDonalds while Joshua knocked him out.

Also he did get knocked down twice against Wilder who isn't know for his boxing skill - a clip when he was showboating and Wilder's last punch when he was gassed.

Despite what you might think I have nothing against Fury as a boxer and I thought that he won the fight against Wilder but you have to at least admit that Joshua is a much better boxer then Wilder and in my opinion would win a fight between the two.

If they do ever fight, I expect Fury to have his belt up to his nipples and spend most of the fighting at range like he did vs Wilder and Klitschko which isn't a bad thing - I enjoy watching tactical boxing which I would get in this fight.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  16. Tel (they/them)

K

17. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

18. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The Haney hype train is building up steam and I think that you can see why. Interesting to see how he develops.

19. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

What a performance and what a KO! Might not be hyperbole calling him the next Mayweather - not in style but maybe in success.

Only 20 years old as well! Apparently his next fight is an eliminator to face the winner of Lomachenko vs Luke Campbell - will be a huge step up in class but the kid has the potential to make it.

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  20. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Supposed to be fighting Zaur Abdullaev in August, according to Eddie Hearn. Decent record, but only fought nobodies in Russia, so far.
    Found a couple of his fights with Russian commentary. I'll stick them up and watch them later:

Boxing's becoming increasingly easy to access, thanks to Youtube and the like. Would've been impossible to get this sort of thing until recently.

BigFox likes this.