1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The breakfast debate (friday)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by bucks_is_leeds, Oct 9, 2015.

1. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Morning all, no boxing day footie for us this year. BOO!

Looks like Dallas is off to the Euros, fair play to Ireland

Redders is about to land the Millers job

And Lorimer sobered up enough to write this; Leeds United legend Peter Lorimer has weighed in with his opinion on the use of Mirco Antenucci, telling the the Yorkshire Evening Post that he views the Italian as a rover all over.

Speaking in his weekly column in the YEP, Lorimer laments the Elland Road loss to Birmingham whilst also pointing out that part and parcel of Leeds United’s struggles at home is the inability to score. Speaking of this, Lorimer says, “We simply have got to start scoring some goals at home; you can’t win matches if you don’t score.” Despite this gloomy outlook, the former Leeds United striker points out that one highlight is the form displayed in limited game time of Mirco Antenucci. Pointing out the lack of game minutes, Lorimer still feels that last season’s leading scorer “has had a pretty good season” and has “done well”, despite more often than not being a substitute brought on when games are in their death throes.For Lorimer, the answer is simple – bring in a second striker. He argues that this is a necessity to Leeds, a need for the Whites to start “to think more about scoring than the opposition” – a role that he thinks Mirco Antenucci can easily fulfill. What Lorimer suggests is that Antenucci play the ‘hole role’, slotting in behind Chris Wood and almost having a free role to rove around as he sees fit, the Scot saying, “the roving role off the big striker is one where he [Antenucci] can cause problems.”

Lorimer also says that another factor kneeing Leeds in the proverbials is an almost passive approach to home games where the opposition often quell whatever fire and passion that the Whites bring with them. Too often have games at Elland Road started out like a promising pyrotechnic only to fizzle out like some really limp and flaccid sparkler where fans are left just staring agape and thinking ‘is that it?’ Lorimer links this disappointing display of pyrotechnics to one thing, the one-up approach adopted by Leeds United as they stick resolutely to ‘Plan A’ at all cost until it is often too late. To this end, Lorimer urges that Leeds United consider another option, a dual-threat approach imploring that “to go one up is a bit on the negative side,” with two strikers at least showing a sense of positivity and an attack-minded ethos.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    ellandback and Farsleyexile like this.
  2. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Lorimer has a point though - you have only scored 4 goals in your last 10 home games - that is awful!!

3. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

We are ****e at home. Shows the way we are set up really. No one gets anywhere without banking there home games, Teams can come to Elland road and play with no fear at the moment.

4. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

OI where is ELLANDs morning thread.....<cool>

5. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

Morning shaks <ok>

Els in a meeting mate so i thought i'd get the debate fired up.

Hope your doing as well as can be expected buddy.

Irishshako likes this.
  6. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning troops. So we have to score goals to win games. NSS!!! I just wonder with two wingers & Botaka providing a bit of guile & tricks, will we see things improve? Hope so. If not, we'll have to put up with a load of negativity from the usual suspects. More to the point, Cellino might get twitchy & get rid of the Manager & we'll be back to square one

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  7. Irishshako

Only messing bud, doing great, might be be the rum and beer..when are we meeting up Bucks?

8. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Sometimes Lorimer writes a bit of crap, and sometimes he puts together a good write up, in this one he makes a good point, a good point that a lot of fans have been talking about for a few weeks now.

I personally think the 4-4-2 is best suited to the players we have now, Wood isn't exactly causing sparks as a lone striker and Rosler keeps bringing Antenucci on when his plan A isn't working, and it's been quite a few games now, both home and away.

Our midfield aren't exactly languishing passes and through balls to our strikers, which make'em look mediocre. Maybe if Wood got more service he'd look and play better than he has; me personally, I prefer Antenucci.

It's the 4-4-2 for me.

9. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all

Irishshako likes this.
  10. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

So has my reporting of Ells disgusting fatist post yesterday got him a ban.
    Us larger gentlemen have to stick up for ourselves when people post vile intollerent stuff about us...

Sorry Bucks we aint finished talking about "bangate" yet.
    Who took down the caption thread yesterday? you or the invisble ones?

11. Irishshako

Howya Ristac..<ok>

12. Irishshako

Lorimer can say what he wants, bollox or no bollox, he is a legend..........end of......<ok>

Farsleyexile likes this.
  13. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

Morning :)

Millwallsteve likes this.
  14. Irishshako

Is it?

15. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

I hope to get it reopened for exactly that reason Chips <ok>

16. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Still glowing here after our defeat of the Germans last night and the quality of Shane Longs goal. Watched tons of dud internationals over the years but this one will stick in the memory for a long time. Pity scots can't make it. Quality fans too that know how to enjoy themselves but our friends north of the border will pull up for that I'd imagine

17. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'll second that.

Afternoon everyone

18. Chippy / Glory

Shocked me mate... You lot normally all go awol when the germans come calling.... and rely on first world countries to bail you out.

19. Chippy / Glory

see you managed it.....
    If they cant stand scutiny from the moderate posters like eire and wj (I can understand why they would be pi55ed at nutjobs like me) then they are not fit for purpose and should go...

If someone sits in judgement as supermods do, they have to lead by example and not join in with "banter" and have a skin thick enough to be able to take flak when they make a decision. Plus most importantly they need to be big enough to say "sorry I feckedit up" when it happens , as it is bound to do sometimes... Aiming that at Roy more than Minxy.

No one should be banned from here or any threads closed without our mods making the decision....

Millwallsteve and Irishshako like this.
  20. Irishshako

**** YOU SO CALLED SUPER MODS...:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: