1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Canary Dave

Discussion in 'Watford' started by geitungur akureyrar, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Thanks for that - after having a slight relapse this morning I certainly will give them a try. :emoticon-0148-yes:

2. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

I had a turn a few years ago with several diagnoses: labrynthitis, atypical migraine, and was tested (negative) for Menieres. BD exercises are worth a go.

Bolton's Boots likes this.
  3. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

Hope you’re feeling better today, BB. <hug>

4. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all. A beautiful Sunday morning in more ways than one. The local farmer has ploughed all of the muck he spread onto a field 400 metres away and was engulfing the whole hamlet in a very rural smell. So that has gone I am pleased to say. Very strange things happen sometimes. Just as the final whistle blew to confirm our promotion there was a knock on the door. Our very elderly neighbour was there with her daughter from Paris. They had brought us a bunch of roses as a thank you for helping out when our neighbour had her fall. They could have been red, white or almost any colour, but they were a perfect yellow match with the Watford colours. I am still smiling. Have a good day. :emoticon-0157-sun:

5. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Good morning all... Life looks very promising on the football front.. Free brunches all round at the Nest... And remembering good times here with Nesters not seen for a good while... All welcome back...

Hornet-Fez and Toby like this.
  6. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

WE ARE UP!!!!!

YES YES AND FURTHERMORE YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

7. Bolton's Boots

I take it you had an enjoyable night out? :)

8. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

It was great thanks. A lot of beers and a bottle of tequila in a palapa with lots of seafood.

STILL BUZZING.

Hornet-Fez likes this.
  9. yorkshirehornet

Morning all... grandchild and animal park today.... should be pleasant.... and no edge on things on the footy front.....

10. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. Rather grey and gloomy this morning after all that sunshine for the past days. We have been getting messages by e-mail, text and by phone soon I wouldn't be surprised to remind us to go for our vaccinations tomorrow. The second one is already booked for four weeks to the day. A slow pick up, but it is now in full swing in these parts. The reports say that the hospital and care home staff have nearly all had their second one, my home help friend had both of hers weeks ago. If only the government in India had got their act together we might have been spared some of the awful pictures of bodies being burnt in the streets. On that grim note I hope you have a good day. <ok>

11. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

Good morning all

I am going to send the letter below to Scott Duxbury, maybe others of you could compose your own so that we can influence the club to persue this.

Dear Mr Duxbury

Hive Live

I am a member of the Watford FC Not 606 forum conversing with a number of other committed supporters of our club. As you will see I live in Scotland and many of the others on the forum live in places as diverse as France, Mexico, New Zealand, Germany, USA, Iceland and other parts of the UK not very close to Watford.

Consequently we are not able to attend Watford matches. I have been to a Watford game twice in the last 50 years, neither at Vicarage Road!

The initiative to introduce the excellent Hive and it’s Live video coverage for a modest fee has been fantastic for me and I know others on the forum. Please can you continue with this service where TV contractual commitments allow?

Not only would it allow supporters who cannot get to matches to follow live footage of matches and for those who cannot attend away matches. It would also bring a modest revenue stream to the club.

Can I urge the club to look at seriously continuing with live video coverage on Hive Live please?

If we don't ask we won't get and I am sure others may have contacted the club about this too.

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  12. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. Bright and sunny again so felt cheerful enough to put on my WFC tee shirt for the trip into town. I often wonder just how many people have actually been to this or that State University that I see printed on tee shirts. I also have a chuckle when trainers on your feet are called baskets over here. If only the locals could see what image this conjures up. Have a good day one and all. <ok>

yorkshirehornet and Hornet-Fez like this.
  13. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. Some light rain this morning, enough just about to mean that the watering can will have a day off. The trip to the hospital for our vaccinations was an eye opener. It is possibly eight years since an enforced stay there and the improvements are quite staggering. The outside looks completely different with masses of heavily insulated panels. New facilities have been added with extensions, a really good community facility for a town of under 7,000 although it serves a much wider area. Our 15 minute wait after the injections took place in a converted bedroom with a delightful view across the cemetery, not the place for a recovering patient. A stiff arm seems to be the only side effect, so that is done until the next one in four weeks time. Have a good day whatever you have planned. <ok>

14. yorkshirehornet

Well done both of you ... remind me which one you had?

15. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Pfizer/BionTech

16. yorkshirehornet

:emoticon-0148-yes:

17. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

We have our second jabs on Monday at the local hall. AZ. I hope my after effects not as bad as the first one, wasted for 24 hours. Mrs S unscathed.

18. yorkshirehornet

We get ours this Saturday morning.....

19. Bolton's Boots

Had mine the week before last - no after effects at all. But I guess we're all different - my daughter had her first one on Tuesday night and her arm is still sore and slightly swollen. Two of her workmates had theirs done at the same time and both are off work due to vomiting.

20. Bolton's Boots

So I'm lying in bed watching the snow slap against the windows and slowly cover them.

Never mind Summer, when can we expect Spring? :(