1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Demba Ba Exit Thread

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Stern stuff by Pards but EXACTLY what I wanted to hear.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ld-in-summer-if-he-doesnt-renew-contract.html

Manager Alan Pardew has told Demba Ba that even if he stays with Newcastle until the end of the season he will be sold in the summer if the release-clause remains in his contract.

Speculation is once more rife that the 27-year-old Senegal international will leave Tyneside next month when the £7.5 million clause in his contract becomes active again during the winter transfer window.
    Pardew is confident the player is happy to stay at St James' Park, but if he does, he will not allow the same circus about the striker's future to unfold in the summer.
    The 51-year-old said: ''Really and truly this window is the key, I think, because if Demba goes in this window, it will cause us a problem.
    ''I think he will stay, but there's a possibility he could go because of the clause that's still in force.
    ''In the summer, I won't let it run until the summer. I'll do something about it.
    Ba, who has 11 goals to his name so far this season to go with the 16 he scored during the last campaign, has been linked with Arsenal, QPR and Paris St Germain among others in the run-up to the transfer window.
    But Newcastle spent much of the summer awaiting a bid which would trigger the clause and it never came.
    Meanwhile, Pardew confirmed that the ankle injury suffered by midfielder Vurnon Anita at Manchester United yesterday is only bruising and although he will miss Saturday's trip to Arsenal, he is not facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

2. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

Where, in any of that supposed quote, does it say Pardew is going to sell Ba? "I'll do something about it" is secret code is it? ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH Bloody papers. "Speculation is once more rife", yeah it is, because you twats make it up!

Seriously, whoever lets the worst novelists of the day have a license to report on this **** should be mercilessly destroyed. Leaving an atom would do too much service. I'm getting sick of their peddling crap.

3. abc CissesCurriedGoat abc

abc CissesCurriedGoat abc Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who had more interest in the last sentence on Anita? And that's a huge relief by the way.

Also , on Ba....Seriously his transfer clause is so damn irritating. Every single bloody window we hear rumours of him linking everywhere. Credit to him, his play has merited that kind of rumours, but it's beginning to be as tiring as Cwarr's confirmed transfers. #Zogonthetyne

4. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo.../Demba-Ba-make-2-5million-Newcastle-exit.html

Alan Pardew's hopes of persuading Demba Ba to ditch his release clause look doomed after it emerged the Newcastle striker stands to pocket an incredible £2.5million from it.
    Angered by the constant speculation caused by the £7.5m exit clause in Ba’s contract, Pardew challenged him to drop it and negotiate a new deal or be put up for sale.
    The ultimatum looks like having only one outcome, following news of the windfall awaiting Newcastle’s top scorer once the contractual agreement kicks in.

Sign up or leave: Alan Pardew wants to rid Demba Ba of his £7.5million transfer clause
    Anyone offering the stipulated amount will not only land one of the Barclays Premier League’s most accomplished finishers but make him £2.5m richer, according to The Sun, with just £5m going to Newcastle.
    It is a nightmare scenario for Pardew, who already feared he would be ill-equipped to recruit an adequate replacement with £7.5m at his disposal. With the figure trimmed to £5m, he will find it even harder to fill the boots of the Senegal marksman, who now seems certain to be heading out of Tyneside when the window opens next week.
    Ba has stubbornly resisted all efforts to draw him to the negotiating table, and the reasons why are now evident after it transpired a third of the fee will go directly to him.

Final plea: Newcastle boss Pardew doesn't want Ba's transfer situation to drag on
    A free transfer from West Ham 18 months ago, the 11-goal marksman has attracted strong interest from Arsenal, QPR, Liverpool and Paris St Germain, who will all be alerted to a development that signals his imminent departure.
    The 27-year old is thought to favour a move to The Emirates, but Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has reservations over his £80,000-a-week wage demands, particularly given the knee problems that deterred other clubs from moving for him when he arrived from the Bundesliga.

Pardew is already making plans for life without Ba and is lining up a move for Marseille’s Loic Remy.

5. whack&blite

whack&blite Active Member

Am I the only one who just doesn't care if Ba stays or goes?!

Great having good players at the club, especially strikers who score goals... BUT - I have never been happy about Ba's contract situation and the people he has advising him.

Ba has always come across as a mercenary to me, forcing the move from Hoffenheim to ANYONE who would sign him in the PL, then leaving West Ham for nothing, and basically trying to sell himself in every window since he's been with us. Don't think just because Ba hasn't been asking to leave, or has been directly linking himself with a move, that he is some innocent victim being controlled by the evil machinations within the game. If Ba didn't want any of this, he is the one who can change it.

As far as I am concerned, the sooner Ba goes, the better. Then Cisse can focus on being the main man, and we can stop carrying a player who only plays for himself.

6. lady-eleanor

lady-eleanor Well-Known Member

This, I'm bored with it all and I honestly think it might be better for team if he just goes now, dont even wait for the summer.

7. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

I really don't know what supporters expect from a player: that a club they arrived at 2 years ago should be more important than everything money can buy ?

Ba has worked his socks off on the pitch the whole time he has been here and, according to Pardew, is equally committed in training. He will, however, pocket a million or three if his clause is activated and probably get a pay rise. He is happy to remove the clause, but not for free.

Well, what the hell do you expect ? If yu had been given, say, a bunch of shares by your employer when they were worth nothing but they were now worth a couple of million, would you agree to give them up for nothing just because your boss asked you too ? No matter how much you liked where you worked ?
    No.

but because Ba won't do the same, he is mercenary or disloyal. Grow up

8. whack&blite

Cuz that was a grown up and well thought out retort?!

Your first sentence doesn't even make sense.

Of course he works his socks off on the pitch, he's a paid footballer. That doesn't mean he is doing it with the club in mind. His previous behaviour and the well documented clauses, are what suggest he is a mercenary.

Is that no clear to you??

Or are you one of his advisers?

Did they tell you to give up the clause for nothing?!

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much.

9. Tash | All hail Almiron

Tash | All hail Almiron Well-Known Member

I'd personally hope we sign some new striker in Jan and get rid of Ba. This contract bullshit with Ba is not good for morale.

10. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

Agree 100% with Freddd. You ironically and sarcastically insinuate about inside information, yet casually drop "previous behaviour" into the comment... The truth remains in a dualism. People who are angry with Ba are the ones referring to the stories in the papers as a source of reliable information, they are fans (fanatics) in the most obvious definition (ones with such a zeal that bends reason), while those who question the verifiable attributes of such source material are actually behaving like supporters (someone who simply practically supports the team, club etc in every facet. The dualism is within everybody, but to be quite frank, those surrendering to the fanatic side should have just as much scope on here as anybody else, it's a responsibility to have an opinion, but they need to act like supporters at any match they attend, and need to be a little more cautious in putting all their eggs in the basket of a tabloid when they debate.

Mercenary is apparently what everyone is who can't play for their favourite club (doesn't matter how much they get paid to supporters, obviously). Don't see why it's an insult in particular, or why any of these footballers who play the game for themselves as a job, should be considered as anything other than mercenaries, or even expected to be anything more. You think Colo isn't a mercenary because he's stayed with us? That mighty contract might have something to do with that... and might have something to do with nobody else ever expressing an interest. You think Cabaye isn't a mercenary? You think Ben Arfa isn't one??? What's the point in bandying about the phrase like this is a channel 5 court-room drama?

I have absolutely no problem with Ba whatsoever. I've never met his advisers, so have no idea what their motives are. If it's like almost every other player on earth, it'll be to get the client and themselves the most capital, and so what? I wonder what a truly loyal, non-mercenary team in current world football would look like? Five-a-side mates? Once football took a step into fortune, jobs and personal wealth are two massive factors, and I think it's ignorant to think otherwise.

Personally, I believe our squad is decent and has a good nucleus. Players will come and go, we've just got to hope in constant molding we stumble upon a strong squad. If Ba/anyone goes I wish him well and hope we use a useful 7.5 million quid well. Let's face it, these lads have given us some unbelievable moments as a team and I will be forever thankful I was fortunate enough to own a season ticket to see them! But unbelievable moments will happen when they are gone. Some people think there are better footballers out there we could get, and I'm willing to be optimistic about that! I'd love a mercenary who can pass and dribble more accurately, though I don't think we'll get as good a finisher. Cisse MUST step up if Ba leaves. His finishing this year has been dismal, but as a supporter, I go to games to give him a lift <ok>

11. whack&blite

Look pal. Don't try and condescend to me, by categorising me in one of your convenient monikers; fanatic, tabloid reader, blah blah blah etc

Like you said, I have an opinion, and I am entitled to an opinion, like you are. And where you are wrong, is thinking that my opinion is not based on facts. The facts being, that Ba forced his way out of Hoffenheim when he wanted to, not when his contract was up, or when an offer was made, but when he wasn't allowed to go. He had a release clause to leave West Ham (many do, I know, but it adds to the full understanding of the type of player he is). Now, he's had the £7.5M release clause since he's been with us. Now I know all of these things in isolation, are quite common place in football/sport. But when someone is so clearly edging towards the exit door, almost as soon as they have arrived, then that's where I have the problem.

Yes, all footballers are mercenaries to some extent, but some at least allow the illusion of loyalty. It may only be an illusion, but it's things like illusions, blind faith and hope that drive us on and keep us interested as supporters.

Further more, the rest of our squad don't have a ridiculous release clause in their contract.

I don't read tabloids and I certainly wouldn't form my opinion on any one journalist or persons opinion. You don't know me, so don't pretend to know me. You may not like my opinion, but don't ever condescend to someone with some ridiculous assertions you've made over the internet. Your holier than thou attitude will only come back to haunt you.

You may feel that everything Ba does, is simply par for the course for a current professional footballer. But I on the other hand, like to think that not everyone is so self interested. I'm probably living in a different world than you, and most of the rest of society. If I just accepted this as 'the way things are', I'd probably go postal and start taking out professional sportsman the world over. Thankfully, I am not that way, and I also don't like guns. ;)

12. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

<laugh> Condescend? Who isn't going to be ascribed that "condescending" tone when you read it? Differing opinion is thus. "Look pal"... Should I read that as anything other than condescending? It's a bit boring to play victim, pal <ok>

I think the generalization is fair. You aren't special and your opinions are not based on any measure of fact whatsoever. You've plucked circumstance from the air without knowing the true facts surrounding them, and you've thus added the in-between yourself... So that most likely makes you either a tabloid reader, or some-kind of wannabe tabloid writer. What you have surmised isn't even close to tangible proof of your claims.

The expressive terminology is of my own making, but to me the bold bit highlights a fanatic, not a supporter. "Blind faith" isn't the trait of a supporter, a supporter simply sticks by the club and supports it. Blind faith is radical, unreasonable, and is thus the preserve of fanatics. To some extent we're all fanatics, but I think supporting is more valuable to the club itself. You don't need to whinge about condescension, I'm simply offering my understanding of us.

Now, you may very well have a point, but I personally don't think you should be expressing it as fact because it has the potential to damage the club, especially if you're wrong. Posters on here have a responsibility, I feel, to the wider audience. This site gets a lot of traffic, and some people may just read your word and take it as read, go to a home game and boo players because of it, which sure as hell won't make them stay. If you can't handle rebuttal when it's potentially important to balance your view with objectivity, then stay off the net <ok>

I await to be convinced of anything Ba detractors say about him, but as yet, it's all rumour and no substance. Not good enough for a witch-hunt!

13. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

First, apologies for throwing the first insulting term. Never helpful. Stupid of me. I apologise.

Having said that, the basic point remains. Ba arrived on a free, because that was what his contract with West Ham provided for.

He negotiated a release clause because that was what seemed like a reasonable deal to the club and to him at the time. I erxpect there was some give and take in the negotiation and that the club got some concession frohim in exchange for the release clause. Knowing Ashley I would be surprised if he didn't, but regardless: that was the deal the club was happy to strike with him.

since arriving, he has certainly held up his end of the bargain. The only thing that he is or can be criticised for is wanting something significant in order to waive his right to some millions of pounds.

Whiich one of us would do anything else ?

If none of us would do anything different (I'm very happy with my job and with my employer, but wouldn't, for example, waive my right to an annual bonus just to be nice to them), then why are we getting angry with Ba ?

14. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I'll never work this out. Just what standards are people holding players up to? People need to get real and just learn to accept speculation, complex contracts and transfers are all part and parcel of football. Its clearly not affecting the players if you look at our last 5 performances. People always look for scapegoats when things don't go well.

15. Clarence Acuna

Facts are: Clause exists. Clause is distracting. Clause needs sorted. We have a wage structure. Nobody has met clause yet. Clause is currently bad for NUFC (as Ba is playing well and in demand).

One thing that I think about sometimes is that Ashley is definitely no mug, in fact he is shrewd to the point of miserly. I wonder what other clauses are in said contract? Perhaps we can offload him for free if his knee goes or something? Just a thought, the contract may not be ALL bad...

16. Agent Bruce

Agent Bruce Well-Known Member

All things would have probably been taken into consideration. MA doesn't miss much.

17. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Well-Known Member

Very true.

18. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

And, to make the point clearer, let's say we do have a clause entitling us to cancel his contract if his knee goes. If so, and if his knee went tomorrow, woudl we expect the club to waive that clause just to be loyal to Ba ? Would any of the supporter s want to continue to pay Ba (or gimpy, as he would now be called) rather than free up funds for a new player.

Would they ****. We'd get rid of him like yesterday's trash.

Knowing he can expect that sort of loyalty from the fans and the club, exactly why should he be willing to waive a clause that works in his favour ?

19. 2SilverSeahorses

2SilverSeahorses Active Member

What we need to remember about this clause is that it suited Newcastle United when he signed the contract. We probably wouldn't have gotten him on a 'free', certainly not if he hadn't had a relegation clause in his West Ham deal.

It has only become an issue because he's done very well and his dodgy knee hasn't exploded. Its under more scrutiny now because he scores ALL our goals. If NUFC weren't happy with the terms of the contract when he signed then they shouldn't have bothered.

But we all know Mike Ashley loves a gamble and its debatable whether this was a shrewd or stupid one when Demba leaves for nowt. But do you think this regime would show the kind of loyalty to a player that we demand from them?

Do me a favour! :D

20. speedy

speedy Member

just watching everton chelsea and the presenters claim ba is meeting chelsea officials tonight to discuss a move,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.