1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Deutsche Bank Championship, TPC Boston, Norton, Massachusetts

Discussion in 'General Betting Board' started by redcgull, Aug 28, 2013.

1. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

The Players Club of Boston, in Norton Massachusetts, welcomes the 100 players left in the FedEx Cup to fight it out for the Deutsche Bank Championship this week. Held here since 2003 where last week’s winner Adam Scott took the honours, it is a course where you need to score big to gain victory. Of the past 10 winners, -14 under par is the worst score to win here, when Olin Browne did so in 2005. Vijay Singh is the only 2 time winner here, but he won’t be adding to that success this year. Last year’s winner Rory McIlroy won with a final score of 264, -20 under par but that isn’t the lowest score around here the past 10 years. This honour goes to 2 people, Vijay in 2008 and to Charley Hoffman in 2010, with a superb 262, -22 under par score. Charley Hoffman dos play here this week, and at a very tempting 80/1 must have a chance…

In trying to find a winner for this event we need a player who is at the top of his game as you will need to be scoring well to have a chance of making the top 10. Woods has a good record here, as dos Adam Scott and Brandt Snedeker who have all featured 3 times in the top 10 for the last 4 years. Plus trying to find the outsider is getting harder and harder as the field is getting smaller after each event, and the class of golfer gets better and better. Anyway, as usual, it won’t put me off having a go at finding the winner. So, ive gone with…

Keegan Bradley is MR Boston around these parts of the world. This is where he went to school and college and where he also fell in love with everything Boston, he supports anything to do with Boston and New England. He came close to playing at his best last week where he shot the lowest score of 63 in the 2nd round to move right into contention. He did fall away to finish 33rd but I am looking for some of his home crowd cheering him on to victory here this weekend. Currently sits 12th in the FedEx rankings…

Brandt Snedeker has played well here before, and im hoping that he isn’t burnt out after playing the last 7 tournaments back to back now. He is the only one in the top 30 to have done so, and his performance last week suggested he had reached the limit of his powers. But, he dos play well here, and with next week being a free week he will get the time off that he needs. His last 3 visits here have shown returns of -13, -13 and -16 to finish 6th, T3rd T5th respectively, so he knows how to score well here… Currently sits 3rd in the FedEx rankings…

Nick Watney is the one man who dos know how to win in the FedEx series of golf. He won the Barclays last year, and finished T9th last week in his defence of his title, where he shot under par in each of his 4 rounds. His putting seems to be in a good place at the moment, and if he can keep that up I think he can have a big chance come Monday. Probably hasn’t had the season he would have liked for but he knows what to do when it comes to these FedEx events… Currently sits 63rd in the FedEx rankings…

Graham DeLaet finished T2nd last week and I am hoping he will continue his good form here in Boston. This season has seen him record 6 top 10’s in which last week was his best finish for the year. He ranks 1st for Total Driving, 1st for Ball Striking, 3rd in GIR and a whole host of other top 20 stats to show that he can play. His sits 6th in Total Birdies made, some 311 of them this year, and that has to be a big plus for this course, plus he is 12th in Overall Scoring… Currently sits 34th in the FedEx rankings…

Dont forget its only the top 75 that progress onto the 3rd installment of the FedEx Cup, The BMW Championships in Illinois...

Keegan Bradley @ 33/1…
    Brandt Snedeker @ 40/1…
    Graham DeLaet @ 66/1…
    Nick Watney @ 66/1…

All done in the usual £2.5 e/w… PadPow pays ¼ top 5… Good luck…
    <cheers>

2. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

Only managed to get my bets on this morning but they're on anyways

Stuck with the same 3 from last week who made it through and added 1 more

Keegan Bradley 33-1
    Bubba Watson 40-1
    Jordan Spieth 45-1
    Charl Schwartzel 40-1

Goodluck Red

3. redcgull

Good man Smokin...<ok>

4. redcgull

Leaderboard after the 1st round...

Leaders - Phil Mickelson & Brian Davis @ -8

T23 - Graham DeLaet.............. -4
    T23 - Jordan Spieth................ -4
    T23 - Charl Schwartzel............ -4
    T34 - Brandt Snedeker............ -3
    T45 - Nick Watney.................. -2
    T45 - Keegan Bradley............... -2
    T68 - Bubba Watson................. E

Big Phil and Brian Davis lead the way shooting an impressive 63, -8 under par for their first round lead. Of the 100 players here 67 of them have a under par score so it looks like we are following on from last weeks Barclays with the low scoring again. I doubt that any of the players who are 4-5 shots back are to concerned yet, but it looks like you better have your birdie head on for the next 3 rounds...

None of our picks are out of it, and im sure we will see the usual twists n turns yet...<cheers>

5. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

Just took a screen shot of my golf bets as i forgot to disclose my European Tour selections

please log in to view this image

Uilhein and Bourdy in with a live chance with 1 round to go

6. redcgull

Leaderboard after the 2nd round...

Leader Sergio 'where have you been all season' Garcia @ -13

T6 - Jordan Spieth................ -9
    T9 - Keegan Bradley.............. -8
    T20 - Graham DeLaet............ -7
    T20 - Charl Schwartzel.......... -7
    T30 - Nick Watney................ -6
    T30 - Brandt Snedeker........... -6
    T62 - Bubba Watson.............. -2

What a difference a day makes...!!! Phil Mickelson shoots 63 for his first round score, making the back 9 in -7 under par. Then yesterday shoots +2 for his back 9 and go round in level par to stay at -8 from his first days action. Dosnt seem real that, but hey, that's sport for you...

The ones who did manage to get 2 back2back good rounds in is one of our favourites Sergio Garcia. A 65 and 64 has left the Spaniard at -13 under par and leading after the 2nd round, lets hope he can continue his good form as its been another bleak year for him...

As for our picks we got em all through cut, and the top 76 players, so that's good. Spieth is showing great consistency again to be T6th with Keegan a little further back in T9th... Finger crossed they do well for us...<cheers>

7. redcgull

Good luck with your other bets Smokin...<ok>

8. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

Cheers mate!

I forgot in the midst of hurrying to get bets on before the first people tee'd off that i also had Brendon De jonge, however its only very small stakes, but he has a chance of a place, albeit a small chance

Spieth once again plays superb golf to be right there again at the half way stage

9. redcgull

Leaderboard after the 3rd round...

Leader - Sergio 'fidget hands' Garcia @ -19

T3 - Graham DeLaet............. -16
    T9 - Keegan Bradley............. -12
    T19 - Charl Schwartzel......... -11
    T29 - Brandt Snedeker......... -8
    T29 - Jordan Spieth............. -8
    T56 - Nick Watney............... -5
    T66 - Bubba Watson............. -3

Sergio stretched his score to -19 under after 3 rounds in what has become a shoot out for the players this week. Graham DeLaet shot the best round of the day, 62, -9 under par, which is just superb golf. But a whole host of players scored low so Sergio's lead isnt rock solid as you can still see someone coming out of the pack to beat him...

This tournament goes into Monday as its Labor Day over in America, so lets hope its a red letter day for one of our picks...!!!<cheers>

10. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

Gregory Bourdy & Peter Uilhein 1st and 2nd in the European Event,

Lovely Jubbly

11. redcgull

Jeez, Smokin i forgot to look it up... Superb mate, absolutely brilliant...<applause> <cracker> 5:emoticon-0171-star:<bubbly>

12. redcgull

Henrick Stenson won the Deutsche Bank Championships with a record equaling -22 under par...<applause><ok>

Graeme Delaet got me a bit back on his solo 3rd and Jordan Speith continues his great form to get a little back for Smokin finishing T4th...

Winner - Henrick Stenson @ -22

3 - Graham DeLaet.......... -18
    T4 - Jordan Spieth.......... -17
    T16 - Keegan Bradley...... -13
    T22 - Charl Schwartzel.... -11
    T35 - Nick Watney.......... -9
    T47 - Brandt Snedeker..... -7
    T67 - Bubba Watson........ -3

No event this week then its the 3rd installment of the FedEx at BMW Championships at Conway Farms, Illinois...<cheers>

13. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

Well done on the E/W money back Red

That putt on the 18th meant you didnt have to shared your winnings with us minnions all clambering for the last remaining e/w spots!!

Are you punting on the European Masters? I already had my bets on it, Uilhein, Bourdy & Jaidee.

I tend to stick with the same pool of players and hope they hit form, so heres hoping fo another uilhein/bourdy shootout !!

14. redcgull

I havnt looked at it yet but i might do... If ive not posted a starter thread up by 11am tomorrow then start one and i shall tag on to yours... Just got a bit on at the mo... Ta...<cheers>