1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The "Discuss Anything Else" Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by OddDog, Jun 23, 2013.

1. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

Cameron resigns and the nonsense that is the son declare another referendum <doh> we had our "once in a lifetime" we voted to remain part of the UK, the UK voted to leave the EU , we have to abide by this!!!

beeforsalmon likes this.
  2. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

Snp not son

3. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Markets continue to recover - storm in a teacup. Big exporters profiting due to weak pound . My company Rolls Royce (who generates the majority of its sales in dollars) is up 4%

4. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

Of course there's some early wobbles but it will recover.

I'm actually glad in some ways we went out. I have been appalle by the elitist, dismissive attitude of regular people I went to school, college, university and work with. They simplified the debate into "I'm not racist, so I'm voting Remain".

I saw a social media quote this morning saying "well done to all the uneducated racist morons who voted out".

The problem with these people is that they researched their own side of the argument but nothing from the other side, and they have completely underestimated the frustration outside of London in the Midlands and the North.

Imagine if Scotland was already independent, we'd have been out by a huge margin??

5. OddDog

Staff Member

So did you do the right thing Toppy? <run>

6. TopClass

Hahaha.

Gonna take us a while to find out mate!

What's the impact on Merkel here Oddy? Has this undermined her and the Eurozone?

7. OddDog

Staff Member

I think Merkel has undermined herself Toppy and will be gone at the next election. I think many people on the continent are truly shocked about the leave vote, they never thought it would happen. Many will now be looking to see how the EU reacts. Will this trigger the domino effect? Will the EU try and change? Is it even capable of doing so?

One point to dwell on - this referendum was 1 person, 1 vote. If the same nonsensical representation had been used as in the General Election I have no doubt remain would have won. Shows how unfair the UK electoral system is, and the failure to take seriously the share of votes won by UKIP has now bitten Cameron right in the arse.

Laughing at all the yuppies booing outside Johnson's house - get to ****ing work you twats <laugh>

8. Bustino74

Bustino74 Thouroughbred Breed Enthusiast

I'm surprised to hear that Donald Tusk is the illegitimate son of Neitszche. I thought there was something funny about him.

9. Bustino74

He fell on his sword. Probably the best speech he has made in the last 18 months.

OddDog likes this.
  10. Doalittle

Doalittle Well-Known Member

Alot of talk about Northern Ireland leaving the UK. Scotland looks certain to leave aswell. Surely this defeats the purpose of leaving the EU as it would slash the size of the British economy in one go. I don't understand how Britain can grow its economy without being able to attract multinationals who will surely setup in Eu countries rather in Britain. The other point that should be made is that Britain will not find it easy to negotiate a reasonable trade deal with the Eu as the mantra of the Eu is to look after their own members first. This would mean any products which could be sourced from elsewhere within the Eu would have to be traded on world markets. For example virtually all of Englands agri food sector will effectively become second grade produce to the eu. These sectors will be hit hardest form the Brexit. I'm not an Economist so I could be completely wrong.

11. TopClass

Good luck to N.I on its own. That would be crazy.

The Scots are an shoe in to leave with Sturgeon IMO.

12. Doalittle

13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Scotland already about to put in place the steps to ensure a referendum can take place within the next 2 years. NS already committed to seek out options to stay in the EU.

14. Bustino74

She may become the second 'politician' to misread a referendum result.

15. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Ok folks, what do you think of a possible PM called Boris? Betting has him as the 8-11 favourite for the boss job. How do ya' feel?

16. Doalittle

Boris as pm and Donald Trump as president<doh>

Too much blonde for me

17. Bustino74

May
    Hammond
    Gove

can't see Boris

18. PNkt

PNkt Well-Known Member

I hope to god it's not Boris. Rumours abound of Gove as Chancellor too :emoticon-0121-angry

I'll be upfront, I voted remain and I'm gutted by the result. Of course I hope I'm wrong but this could set the country on a massive downward spiral at its the younger generations that will pay for it.

19. Steveo77

Steveo77 Well-Known Member

I voted remain too and the result is potentially frightening.
    I think when the vast majority of the population begin to realise that they are poorer off there will be a massive backlash.
    Of course it will be too late by then....

20. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

Ok own up, who made a killing on the brexit. Where's Chelsea,stick, and Qm . The volatility last night was a license to print tax free money, come on own up.