1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Gaming Thread - Fifa 13, COD, HALO, SKYRIM...

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Gaddafi's Hat, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Tino's Machine Gun

Tino's Machine Gun Active Member

Anyone played Mass Effect 3 with its 'interesting' ending yet?

2. Darth Tash

Darth Tash Well-Known Member

I hope Fifa actually put efforts into our ratings in the next game.

Colo should be quicker. Around a 73/74 for pace. He also should have good agility, ball control and decent dribbling ability.

He should also have decent passing ability.

I love the way Colo will accelerate into space, make a decent run forward, and create a chance.

I cannot play with the default version of Colo it just doesn't feel like him at all. My edited version is much better. He gets shoved off the ball and over powered at times, but It's great having a CB that can control the ball and get out of tight spaces.

3. Spider_Mag

Spider_Mag Member

Not been on as much lately, thought it had died down on here. When and where did most leave to?

4. Darth Tash

[video=youtube;K-ZA7NLSRhg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-ZA7NLSRhg[/video]

Anyone else getting this?

Been waiting for it for 13 years, it was announced ****ing 6 years ago, trailer 5 years ago.

Finally! :D

5. Darth Tash

[video=youtube;IzhoGX_7uFY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzhoGX_7uFY[/video]

6. Badgers Assemble

Badgers Assemble Well-Known Member

It's like 45 quid isnt it? I might get it after exams.

7. Darth Tash

30 quid or so on Amazon. It's gonna be class.

Imma get Eldar Scrolls Online next year, but don't think it's gonna be close to this game.

8. Badgers Assemble

This is the game with an online marketplace isnt it?

9. Darth Tash

Mine -

• Finesse shots from outside the box should be more difficult to score/Keepers should be able to react to them properly.
    • If players are allowed to rush out with their keeper at any time, then they should have to take proper control of the keeper, they shouldn't just be allowed to hold down Y and watch their keeper make a world class tackle or do something to stop your player from scoring. Also Keepers should be allowed to get sent off in all game modes. It's unfair that players are allowed to rush out with keepers but not get sent off when they bring you down.
    • Heading on goal should take more effort. It shouldn't just be you press B and the heading accuracy of the player decides if it goes in or not.
    • Linked with the point above, goals from corners should take more effort, I suggest you put the power and placement of the corner on yourself, then the game gives you a few seconds to control one of your players in the box and do all the movements ect.
    • The stand tackle button shouldn't be the same button as the shoot button. The amount of times I've pressed B to tackle someone and it's smashed the ball instead is annoying.

NUFC -

Coloccini -

• He shouldn't be so slow. I'm not talking about sprint speed or anything, I'm talking about reactions and agility. Colo's reactions should be in the mid 80's as the way he plays requires him to react quickly and make an intelligent decision.
    • I love the little clever one touch passes and touches he makes. He needs to plan that in his head and execute it in a split second, he makes it look so easy.
    • He should have greater agility than 57, which is what he has now. He's not got great pace, but his feet are quick. I'd say around 78-80 for agility. I know it's mainly about his reactions and intelligence, but he couldn't do all that with slow feet.
    • He should also have greater ball control. The way he keeps the ball at his feet is pure class, and he stops the ball dead very well. The only player IMO in the team that has better ball control than Colo is Ben Arfa. I'd say 83/84 ball control.

Krul -

• Should have around 85/86 reflexes, 82/83 diving, around an 80 for handling as he's made one of the highest amount of catches in the league, or he did at one point. I know sometimes he'll let one slip, but most of the time his handling is great.
    • Mid 70's for positioning, and high 60's/early 70's for kicking. This is what I put him down for on my old edits, and he was an 81 all round. A fair rating. I don't use my edits anymore, but I get pissed off when he lets simple shots in. He's far too under rated.

Ba -

• Was probably better before he got changed to an 82 from a 79! His acceleration was lowered, which is annoying, his agility was lowered, his feet are slow, and despite being an 89 for strength (which is too high), his balance is only 51, so he gets knocked over anyway.
    • I'm hoping he gets mid 80's strength and balance back, and also returned back to around 80/81 acceleration and 83 sprint speed like he was.
    • Apart from these few factors, he's pretty much spot on.

Saylor -

• Was far too weak in Fifa 12 and not good enough in the air.
    • Hopefully he'll be around an 84 for strength, have good balance as he stays on his feet well. These things are important to aerial ability. Williamson on the game is 6ft 4, but his poor balance and average strength leads to him ****ing up headers. Williamson is probably one of the players Fifa got right.
    • Anyways, Saylor should have good balance, strength and also good heading accuracy, as this effects your headers on goal and off goal.
    • Also he should have good reactions, as the amount of times he reacted quickly, read the situation and put in vital blocks and put his body on the line with challenge was key to our great start.

Jonas -

• I'm hoping he'll have greater defensive qualities. Fifa have recognised he works hard and gave him the engine specialty, but that means nothing if he can't put in a tackle or defend well at all.
    • I'm hoping he's be around the high 60's, early 70's for tackling, because in real life he tracks back and gets stuck in very well, and wins us back the ball well.

Our fringe players

• I hope Fifa put more effort into rating our fringe players.
    • Ferguson, Guthrie and Perch are all way off.

10. Darth Tash

I'm not sure about online marketplace.

But online you can trade with other players, and also buy/sell stuff with the computer characters that sell stuff.

Single player you just buy and sell with the AI which has a variety of different things you can purchase.

Obviously your level and attributes matter to which things you can use or wear.

I'd suggest starting your character online, not on offline mode, but just go in a private match if you want to do the campaign by yourself instead of co-op.

You can build your character online with mates, online but by yourself, or offline.

But if you build your character on offline mode, you can't transfer it over to online mode, you need to build your character in an online server, but you can do it privately, by yourself, and then join other games when you wish.

11. Darth Tash

Fans from other clubs can also comment if they wish :p

12. Badgers Assemble

13. Darth Tash

Oh right. Well, it's pretty much the same as all the other online RPG's. People will spend their lives building up characters and things and sell them, it's how some people making a living.

Like Fifa UT coins. People are experts in coin making and will sell them on Ebay.

I've made myself a pretty good profit on them also from getting lucky in packs, and buying and selling coins.

14. Darth Tash

I don't agree with it though, because **** players will just buy loads of class stuff.

It's like ****ers on UT who just buy amazing teams with cash.

It's not about who's good in the game or put effort into it, it's about whos willing to spend the cash.

15. ...And Out Come the Wolve

More real stadia!!!!! And real faces!!!!!

Couldn't really care about game play, its not as if its unplayable.

16. Badgers Assemble

Yeah it has some downfalls but atleast good players get rewarded with money (if they want to sell).

17. ...And Out Come the Wolve

You should be able to dive and elbow people etc.

18. ThatThereSaintsFan

ThatThereSaintsFan Well-Known Member

We're doing the infamous championship to premiership jump, so im just hoping for recognition for at least some of the players not to be thought of as dreadful and have woeful ratings.

Also I've not that much against liverpool but if they are anymore than 4 stars i'll be SO mad, suarez reina and gerrard are the only players worthy of being 84+.

On the topic of newcastle I think 4 and a half stars would be good for you guys. With both your star strikers at 84s and ben arfa higher than pretty much every other winger in the league!

I want yaya toure to be rated at least 88 as well, he's a monster :)

19. daveynufc

daveynufc Active Member

-Make corners defendable, you can tell when you're gonna concede from a corner because you can't make the defender you want to control move where you want him to. Makes it impossible to even challenge for the header, and automatically a goal.
    -Save preferences online, sick of having to change my formation and players every time I play, why not just save the formation for quick access?
    -Reduce the damage from the L1+X pass, make a second player automatically chase the unstoppable run forward to stop this tactic being used for every single pass a player makes.

NUFC
    Ba - 83
    Cisse - 84
    Colo - 84
    Krul - 81
    Cabaye - 82

As the main ones.

20. Tiote's Witch Doctor

Tiote's Witch Doctor Well-Known Member

I would like this years not to be scripted as **** online.