1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Gaming Thread - Fifa 13, COD, HALO, SKYRIM...

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Gaddafi's Hat, Jan 29, 2011.

1. overseasTOON

overseasTOON Active Member

I rocked at PONG in the mid 80's.

Once I kicked it's arse I decided that I was far too good for these 'computer games' and took up knitting instead.

2. Wein14

Wein14 Active Member

Dont even start N64 talk, i would waste you on anything! GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Mario Kart 64, Pokemon (ANYTHING) and if Zelda had an online mode! I still have my N64, cant sell it, too much sentimental value! <laugh>

You can get Perfect Dark on the xBox, online also. It rules!!

On xBox im Romark14, normally play Guitar Hero, Fifa 11, Skate or SkyPlayer!

Good god i forgot F-Zero! What a game that was, the GameCube version was immense also! And SuperSmashBro's rocked. There was so many good games.

3. ToonSi

ToonSi Active Member

It's all about Street Fighter 2 on the SNES - although E. Honda should be banned!!
    That and Streets of Rage on the Megadrive!
    Although Mario kart 64 is awesome, mastering the shortcut where you could jump half the track was one of my proudest achievements of my first year at uni (I was a Playstation kid after the SNES/Megadrive so never really played the 64)

4. Wein14

Wein14 Active Member

Streets of rage and road rage! <NostalgicSmiley> Happy times!

The one where you had to jump down, over water, into a tunnel? That was the crème de la crème of shortcuts! Never owned a Sony, my love of Nintendo is what drove me to an xBox instead of a PS3. I do own a SNES, N64, GameCube and Wii. I'm what you could call a nerd! <laugh>

5. ToonSi

ToonSi Active Member

Haha I'm definitely a nerd anarl mate!
    Atari 2600 (found it in a skip when pissed and couldn't let a retro console go unloved) Snes, Megadrive, PS1, PS2, Gamecube, 360, Wii, and a PS3 (although the megadrive, PS1, PS2 & Gamecube are all back home).
    It sounds ridiculous having all 3 consoles of the past 2 generations, but I've bought them over a few years rather than all of them at release!

Used to own an xbox, but sold it with much remorse to buy a 360 around release (my 360 lasted until last summer without the red ring of death so pretty amazing imo, just replaced it with a 250gb slim at christmas & sold the old one to my mate). I probably wouldn't have owned a PS3, but found one with a faulty hard drive for £60 on ebay, bought it & because their hard drives are hot-swappable & the standard 2.5" SATA ones, just bought a 320GB hard drive for £40 and stuck it in and it worked!

I'd say the 360 is better for the multi-platform games, but PS3 has better exclusives with amazing graphics - MGS4 at the start I didn't realise for about a minute that it had switched from the cutscene to playing! <laugh>

6. overseasTOON

please log in to view this image

Live the dream. Wear the shirt.

:emoticon-0178-rock:

7. Wein14

Wein14 Active Member

Quite the collection you have sir! Good form! Im sure i still have my MegaDrive knocking around somewhere... I have downloaded Sonic 1, 2 & 3 for my xBox though! There is a new one out/coming out exclusively for xBox. Old style side scroller, just with touched up graphics and stuff. Cant wait!

See i think xBox has better exclusives, Fable wins it for me. I love that game, always been a BIG fan of RPG's. Zelda kinda sealed my fate in that department. 'Ocarina of Time' is the best game ever made IMO.

P.S. Good effort on saving the classic, definitely the right choice! Why someone would throw it out though!:emoticon-0104-surpr

8. Gutierrez's Right Boot

Gutierrez's Right Boot Well-Known Member

Anybody once own a GameGear Segas version of Gameboy

9. overseasTOON

I had a game gear because you could buy the tele connector. Was useful for the overnights I had at work a few times a week... didn't work when 5 miles of the English coast though!!

10. Gutierrez's Right Boot

I actually bought the master system converter that plugged in the back. I didnt know about the tele connecter

11. ToonSi

ToonSi Active Member

See I used to love RPGs, but since the heady days of Zelda on the Snes & the 64 (I played them on the gamecube reissue) & the Final Fantasys up until 10 I just haven't been able to get into them, I tried with Fable 2 but I just found it a bit too flat and couldn't get into it, although I do like the modern action-rpgs like Borderlands!
    I do think the Xbox has some great exclusives, but the ps3 edges it for me just since I'm really into action games as they're easy to drop in/drop out of and Uncharted is an amazing adventure game series, plus MAG is awesome for the sheer amount of people you play against (256 players), can be carnage at times!

12. ToonSi

ToonSi Active Member

I almost bought one of those on ebay this weekend for £30 since my dad used to own one but would never let me play on it!

13. Gutierrez's Right Boot

Is there anyway i came improve signal to router without moving it or the ps3 like a aftermarket aerial

14. Gutierrez's Right Boot

Think mines somewhere in loft. Mine always played Columns even when i took it to hospital to play on he was playing on it for ages smashing records

15. overseasTOON

It went into the cartridge slot so you could convert the game gear to a portable tele.

I was working for a summer for a cruise ship and the time off in a cabin was only bearable with a console and TV. Didn't work once more than 5 miles off the coast though and only ever picked up British TV signals...

16. Just Marveaux-lous

Just Marveaux-lous New Member

XBL Gamertag: leakypit92

sounds like im a 18 year old with a B.O issue, but i assure you, it was the randomly generated tag microsoft lumbered me with.

play fifa 11 and black ops (especially zombies!! holla at me if you are level 20+) and also forza 3 and pgr 4.

:)

17. Gaddafi's Hat

Gaddafi's Hat Member

Anyone heard of when the patches for either games are out?

I know its normally feb but I cant wait for either!!

18. Geordie Gashead

Geordie Gashead Active Member

Anyone fancy a few games of Fifa on PS3 after this bloomin transfer window has closed?

19. NUFCtomw362

NUFCtomw362 Active Member

I'd do it too, but I'm **** at it :L

Xbox name is tomw362

How do I join the league?

20. beardface

beardface Active Member

Inspired by therunofplay.com at all? Think on fm09 he made them the best team in Italy!