1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The General Chat Thread.

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by AKCJ, Jan 8, 2012.

1. AstroFox

AstroFox Well-Known Member

2. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

Gutted for JJ. He has been player of the season by a country mile this season.

Hopefully Castagne isn't too far away, as he will just slot nicely in to the left back position.

Foxy in Foyle likes this.
  3. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

That's as big a blow as losing Ricardo last season. Totally agree with Harborough that he's been player of the season. Let's hope the replacement can step up to the plate and not let it affect our season too badly.

4. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Awful news re Justin. Hopefully Castagne will be back soon but keeping an injury prone Castagne and Ricardo after such a long injury fit for every game is unlikely.
    No doubt Rodgers will go for a back 5 and stifle our forward play but now we have Ndidi back I really think just put Fuchs or preferably Thomas in there. Justin came good in similar circumstances last season so give Thomas a chance.

5. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

****ty news ... but JJ will get top notch medical care and rehab back at the new facility ... wish him a speedy recovery... cracking prospect.

6. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Just shows have far he has developed. When we lost Ricardo we thought that was bad but that just gave JJ the chance to show what a talent he is. Lets hope for a speedy successful recovery but now its another opportunity for someone. I think for cup games Fuchs is OK but is no longer mobile enough for the premier league so until Castange is fit would hope Thomas will be given another chance.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  7. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Agree ... perhaps go to a back 3 with Ricky and young Luke as wing-backs ... Cags playing left of the 3 to help with Salah

8. JohnTheFox

Can’t agree with back 3-5 although Rodgers will do it. Cags doesn’t look as comfortable and without Fofana we would be putting round pegs in square holes.....trust the kid Thomas in his natural position, he links well with Barnes and Barnes will need to take responsibility for tracking back and supporting but at least it’d be the brave move and give us more in attack. With a back 5 we will likely go down to a soft defeat without laying a punch, back 4 we may cause them problems at the other end...

9. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Straight swap in a back 4 with Castagne/Thomas for me and just hope that Thomas can kick on to the same extremes that JJ did

JohnTheFox likes this.
  10. HarboroughFox

I would play Fuchs against Liverpool, if for nothing else, his experience.

Kasper
    Ricardo
    Evans
    Soyuncu
    Fuchs
    Albrighton
    Ndidi
    Tielemans
    Barnes
    Maddison
    Vardy

11. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Can't argue against this.

Gutted for JJ, what a season he's had.

12. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

Is Ricardo adaptable enough to play left back, and play Amartey right back? I don't like the thought of Salah running at either Thomas or Fuchs, although it would be a good learning curve for Thomas and come the end of the season his progress could be way in front of where he's expected to be.
    Just hope we don't play 5 at the back, we should take the game to Liverpool, Burnley and Brighton have beaten them recently, surely we can. Playing the back 5 gives us less impetus going forwards which will put us on the back foot, results playing with a back 5 haven't been great, hopefully Rodgers has noticed that.

13. HarboroughFox

When we went to Anfield earlier in the season, I thought then, it would be the best chance to beat them given their injury list, but we just rolled over!

Again, their defence is hit my 3 or 4 injuries, so this time let's go for it. If we do lose, at leasst go down fighting. Nothing worse than losing when you don't even have a go.

14. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

I wouldn't in fairness ... he was rather a weak link when we played them away and Salah and TTA will almost certainly exploit the fact that his legs gave gone. Thomas deserves his shot. He has shown great promise and has been around the first team set up for long enough to know what is expected.

15. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Hamza would be another option.

16. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Interesting to read such a variety of opinions. For me, I would be the opposite to some of the opinions above and be absolutely terrified at the idea of Salah running at Fuchs but very relaxed about the more mobile Thomas playing there. Not once have I ever seen him play badly or let anyone down

FosseFilberto likes this.
  17. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Yep...

18. HarboroughFox

Albrighton gets the nod for the left wing back role. Amartey in the back 3.

• 1Schmeichel
    • 18Amartey
    • 6Evans
    • 4Söyüncü
    • 21Ricardo Pereira
    • 8Tielemans
    • 25Ndidi
    • 11Albrighton
    • 10Maddison
    • 15Barnes
    • 9Vardy

19. JohnTheFox

This is shocking, positive we aren’t behind yes but the absolute lack of basics like passing, controlling the ball, ball retention shouldn’t be happening in a game against two sides in the same division. Maddison and Barnes both miscontrolling easy balls just now, the only reason it can be is mentality, they seem to play against Liverpool with the mentality of a lower league side in the cup. Reminds me of Marine vs Spurs tbh!

HarboroughFox likes this.
  20. JohnTheFox

Better in the last 10 or so. Plenty of positives towards the end of the half with chances created and of course keeping them out at the other end so far. Maybe growing in belief and confidence which is where I think the issue was with the basics going wrong.

HarboroughFox likes this.