1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours The January 2018 Transfer Window Thread

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Dec 15, 2017.

1. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

I hope he gets relegated, little sh1t spent more time on the treatment table with us than he did on the pitch. First chance he gets to jump ship and he takes it #****er

2. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

On the other hand there is the add-ons money to consider. ;)

3. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Great If Huddersfield stay up and Pritchard gets an England call up we can put the money towards Naismith's wages at Hearts. <ok>

Walsh.i.am likes this.
  4. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

I was thinking more about the subtext and what it tells us about how SW (& DF) intend to manage things (i.e. talent development, transfer activity) and the messages it sends to people other than the average Norwich fan (Madderson, his agent, his family, other young players etc).

5. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

It also leaves room for Cantwell, remember him? I am sure JMF can assess his potential for us.

6. RiverEndRick

I'm still not sure Madders will be moving on in the summer. He is a huge talent and will move on eventually, but he seems to value the faith DF has shown in him this season even when things weren't going well. He is now a first team regular (having seen off the challenge of both Wes and Pritchard) and SW talks about how sensible JM's agent is. If he moves to a top PL team, he'll be on the bench at best. A move may happen, but it's by no means certain. As for Cantwell, he is another talented player and hopefully his Dutch loan will bring on his skills and a greater maturity, like JM's loan to Aberdeen did.

JM Fan and carrowcanario like this.
  7. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If I was a betting man I'd have the mother of all wagers with you that he'll be gone in July.

KIO and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.
  8. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Don't think you will get a very good price on him going in the next window.
    Rather than take heart from that interview it comes across like Bernard Matthews discussing his prize Turkey and telling the press how grounded plump and juicy he is & how he doesn't think he will be eaten at Christmas .
    :emoticon-0105-wink:

9. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

The only way Maddison will stay is if we are promoted this season and unfortunately that ain't gonna happen :emoticon-0101-sadsm

10. RiverEndRick

Unlikely to be sure, but not impossible. ;)

canary-dave and JM Fan like this.

11. RiverEndRick

From the BBC:

"Norwich is a brilliant platform for me. I'm playing every week, I've got a manager who likes the way I play, we've got a brilliant team and we're on the fringes of something really good," he said. He [Farke] has been brilliant with me and he's tried to keep my feet on the ground, which I'm capable of doing myself but it's a manager's job to do that. He's improved my game as well. The reason I'm in good form is not just down to myself, it's down to the manager and coaching staff improving my game."

JM Fan and mike555 like this.
  12. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

All well and good, RER but I have two words to say to that. Stone. Stepping.
    Sorry to sound cynical, but I've supported the club long enough to know the manner in which they operate - as have you, I'm sure which is why your completely unwavering positivity baffles me somewhat? :emoticon-0112-wonde

KIO and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.
  13. RiverEndRick

Well, considering I began with City back in 1972 when Sir Arthur South was in charge, I have seen a few variations including the disaster that was the Robert Chase era. I have been critical about specific failures like the CB fiasco previously, the many mistakes Chase made and so on, but I do not see the current owners as cynical operators. They have made mistakes (who hasn't), but I do think that they are trying to do what's best for the club. I said last summer that the restructuring would set us back initially but that it would improve things long-term, which I now think is proving true. It was a brave decision and a completely new direction, but both are the right ones IMO. I think we will improve our position over the rest of the season, but not enough to be promotion contenders until next season when the restructuring is finished and we can start the season with a stronger, younger and hungrier squad with a clear direction to follow. I don't waver week to week because I feel the long-term direction is the right one and that is enough for me.

14. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

^^ I largely agree ^^
    But your previous point was about Maddison still being here beyond August - hence my 'cheeky' little offer of a side-bet.
    Maddison is basically our updated Sutton, Fox, Ashton, Redmond etc whereby the carrot dangled basically forces their hand because they have no other realistic course of action.
    I just wish they had. :(

JM Fan likes this.
  15. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Not Redmond, he's going to be a lot better than Redmond.

16. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Maybe so, but in NCFC terms, Redmond, Fer, Snodgrass, Jacob M, Brady etc were all sold at a decent enough profit.
    My point was more about whether we had an option to reject those bids and sadly, structured as we are, I don't see we have any other option but to keep relinquishing our perceived assets.

JM Fan likes this.
  17. RiverEndRick

Those are all valid points, Cromer, but you seem to assume that the decision will be made by the club. IMO, it will be made by Madders. He's incredibly mature for his age and will be planning his career. Time is on his side and he can afford to wait for the offer that's right for him.

Pritchard failed on that front, choosing to go on loan to West Brom so he could 'play in the PL'. Except that he didn't - two appearances over a whole season. That left him having to join a Championship club to get game time and we know the rest. Madders will look at that and learn. His game is improving week on week with coaching staff who value him and can help him become a truly great player. The time will come for him to move on, but he will be the one who decides when that is.