1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The KS Philosophy

Discussion in 'Kilmarnock' started by ex-german exile, Jan 29, 2012.

1. ex-german exile

Listening to KS's after-match interview on the radio yesterday and then his pathetic explanation of his comments on the box today was worrying. He basically said that he would never adopt defensive tactics and would always try to play an open expansive game no matter the circumstances or the opposition.

Does anyone else find that SCARY? <yikes>

We have already experienced (Aberdeen, St.Mirren and Dunfermilne) his refusal to adapt to the playing conditions, but Brian Reid's tactics yesterday nearly paid off; and let's face it giving the players on the pitch, they should have got skelped!

I'm all for passing football, but as Barcelona have proved it relies on everyone in the team working for each other and most importantly MOVEMENT. I move around more in my sleep than most of the Killie players. Its maybe a bit rich criticising a manager who has got us to a cup final in his first season, but we could be so much better if he was only prepared to adapt a little occassionally. Is that too much to ask?

2. SuperStuKFC

SuperStuKFC Member

I agree that on occassion it has to be "flexed" and allow the keeper to clear his lines if nothing on / weather conditions / park conditions against us. But I dont think that was the problem on Saturday, they were just too slow on occasion to make passes and as for movement - my dad could outpace Gary Harkins!

Very impressed with the new centre half - although to be fair he wasnt ever under pressure.

Did anyone see any of the so called journalists ratings on Sunday? Pasca got a six yet their no5 whose mantle was "under pressure , punt it out the park - under no pressure still punt it out the park!" got a 9!!! I dont think that the guys who make these ratings even watch the game, I think Pasca only lost one header all game and with Ayrs Punt it away tactics there were a lot to win!

3. ex-german exile

Gary Harkins should have dominated the game on Saturday as part-time 1st division is his pace, and way below his skill level, but he dodesn't get invloved enough for my liking.

I though Nelson looked good. Competent in everything he did, but we'll soon knock that out of him <yikes>

What's happened to Ben Gordon though?

As for the ratings. I couldn't believe it either. Cammy Bell only got six because he only had one shot to save. I thought Pasca was immense. The comments were bizarre too and like you I doubt if he actually watched the match.

4. SuperStuKFC

SuperStuKFC Member

Yeah I have to admit I thought that was a game for Dayton and Ben Gordon to Shine. Gordon did on a few occasions show his pace - no trickery was really required to get past their full back, but he didnt get past them often enough! Dayton ill need to rewatch the match before I comment fully but I thought he was hiding from the ball at times, and should have been shouting his mouth off as always in acres of space. As for the falling down at most tackles I wont comment till see again, may have been fouled a lot but looked too lightweight for such a match.

Maybe Bell got downrated for not joining in the attcks more!!

5. Same old Bonbon 19

I didnt read KS's comments as meaning he would never adopt a defensive attitude, after all we basically play with one up front most of the time. I suspect he is employing some poetic license and explaining our 5 midfielders as an offensive unit.In a rare foray into the glasgow eastern hinterlands on xmas eve I am pretty sure our midfield was set out to spoil rather than create.I cant comment further as I haven't seen too many away games but at home KS does try to take the game to the opposition.Remember the previous ,but one, incumbant of the job would deliberately set out to defend ,at home,against weaker opposition than the old scum.

KS aint perfect but for all my complaints regarding his style of play I would rather be deriding him than suffer like we did in seasons past

6. BIGDODGE

BIGDODGE New Member

Will we ever be happy? I think we will be steadier at the back now that Nelson is in. Our problem apart from the defence of late, has been the inability to get forward quickly. We are too slow to pass the ball, have too many sqaure passes etc. The other thing that i don't like is all the short term deals. They offer short term solutions. In saying that, Ben Gordon will close up the left side and offer us a wee bit more going forward. I would havce to say though, that on Saturday, he didn't look fully match fit. Come the 18th March, he'll be fine.
    As for the game, isn't it funny when A*r (on their website) and the media tell us that A*r defended brilliantly. We
    had 33 shots on goal FFS. Good defending does not allow for that. But for the keeper, we would have won by a mile. The only A*r player worth mentioning was the keeper who fully merited his MOTM award.

7. ex-german exile

Dodge, Great to have you back :emoticon-0102-bigsm

You points are all spot on, and although there is nothing wrong with a patient build up, the thing that does seem to be missing is the quick incisive pass, however maybe that will come with time.

Bonbon, Your right. KS is infinitely preferable to JJ and I'm not against his approach in general, I just think it would be more effective if we could mix it up a bit. I thought he got the tactics 100% right on Saturday and we were patient. My worry is the easy points we give away when the conditions (wind & surface) require a more direct route 1 approach.

KS definately said, he had never set a team up like Ayr did on Sat, and never would, but maybe that was just him being a wee bit naughty.