1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Loan Market

Discussion in 'Celtic' started by Bhoy From Brum, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Bhoy From Brum

Bhoy From Brum Well-Known Member

Villa were never going to let Curtis Davies go, he'll be first choice alongside Dunne when 100%.........but its great to see us exploring that avenue with good players.

Always wondered why we haven't gone in for Man Utd/Arsenal youngsters. It's be ideal for both clubs to gain from.

Most of their youth players are from abroad & will have to wait to get first team football, they'll also have to adapt/settle to British football, they wont do that by getting loaned to the Belgium leagues!!!

We seemed to have 100 midfielders just a fortnight ago, now we're struggling for competition in the middle of the park due to sales, injury etc. Arsenal currently have Fabregas, Diaby, Denilson, Wilshere, Ramsey plus one or two others. Why aren't we putting a firm loan bid in for one of these young players?

Man Utd have Rooney, Owen, Berbatov, Diouf, Wellbeck, Marcheda........why are we not putting a firm loan bid for one of these guys? Marcheda & Wellbeck will get very little football from now till May as Man Utd are out of the FA Cup, League Cup is at the semi-final stage & squad rotation will be out the window in the league at this crucial stage & with league so tight. All the progress these guys have made the last 12/18 months will be for nothing unless they are getting games to aide their development.

I'm not suggesting we become a feeder club for these teams but surely we could be looking at some sort of relationship which both teams can benefit from?

2. Mr G

Mr G Member

Our past experiences with loan moves from some of the big four do not seem to have been that successful. A case in point was yer man Alliadirre (sp) who didn't turn it on when he joined us. I thought he was going to be a hell of a signing but it just didn't work out.

Didn't Rangers try something similar with Man U but it didn't really work out. Sure they got the likes of Martin and Bardsley who were not the success that every one expected.

I would say its a hell of a shock to some of these young guys coming from their positions of privlidge to getting kicked around the park on sunday afternoon.

3. VenomPD

VenomPD Merrick jr

Mr G is right.

Unless these guys are seasoned pro's who can't get a game, then whats the point?

P.S. I said from day one Aliadiere would be ****e. He was and always will be ****e.

4. Bhoy From Brum

What we get from it is the chance to have some good young talent to fill up the squad.

If we get rid of all the ****e in the squad we could buy one or two top quality players & get a couple of guys on laon to balance the wage structure.

Guys I've mentioned will be top, top players. They're on the verge of playing for Man Utd/Arsenal already aged 17 & would be good additions to the squad.

There aren't too many seasoned pro's available on loan. Bellamy was a unique case because he fell out with his manager & half the team & no other club would touch him!!

We've had one player so far from Arsenal & he was ****e, doesn't mean all the rest will be!! We go in there & ask for Wilshere for 6 months on loan, guarentee him time on the pitch etc. If it works out Wenger will be keen to send up another talent next season. Our trouble was going for a player who was ****e rather than real talented player!

5. VenomPD

VenomPD Merrick jr

What about the young talent in the reserves FFS. Before we start taking in guys who haven't kicked a ball for another team and probably won't play for us again if the loan is successful, we should be blooding our own youngsters Brum.

Celtic need to put the emphasis on their OWN youth not Man Utd or Arsenal.

6. Bhoy From Brum

I totally agree Venom <ok>

I must have made 100 articles about Celtics youth setup in the last 2 years. I'm in the process of another one <ok>

7. VenomPD

VenomPD Merrick jr

Apparently they've signed the boy Slane from Motherwell on a pre-contract.

8. Bhoy From Brum

He's a good talent on Championship Manager <laugh>

9. VenomPD

VenomPD Merrick jr

please log in to view this image
    Yeah, I signed him on that too. Needed more Scottish players.

Still the lad is a talent, watched him a few times this season and he looks decent. I'd like to see Celtic loan him back to Motherwell for a year though. This should be a must for any U-21 player the OF sign but don't plan on playing. You've got him on the books but he's out playing football every week.

I expect the boy Ferry to come back a differnet player now and push for the first team. The Swindon fans have really taken to the lad.

10. Bhoy From Brum

I'd wait till you read my article before commenting on our 'youth' players ,ok>

11. Bhoy From Brum

Just seen the lad Welbeck has gone to Preston for the rest of the season!!!