1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 19th June)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 19, 2020.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Friday 19th June, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

EFL Clubs stand together against discrimination and in support of NHS

Players from all EFL Clubs are taking part in a video promoting respect, equality and support for our fellow colleagues and members of the wider community who may be subject to discrimination.

The video will be played prior to each EFL game as well as multiple social media platforms

As well as the video campaign, the League will support players who wish to ‘take a knee’ before or during matches in support of the Black Lives Matter message.

EFL Chairman, Rick Parry, said: “There is no place for racism in society and the EFL is committed to working collaboratively to eradicate prejudiced behaviour at all levels.

“The EFL has a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination but we need to do more to drive change by learning from past mistakes and lead from the front in speaking out against racism and discrimination of any kind.

“Football has the power to unite, and we must come together to challenge discrimination and celebrate diversity in order to improve and change attitudes throughout the game.”

In addition to this activity taking place, the EFL will also say thank you to NHS key workers at fixtures across this weekend.

Players will wear shirts featuring an ‘NHS Rainbow – Thank You’ emblem and a period of applause will take place prior to all matches from 18-21 June 2020, as Clubs and players collectively display their gratitude for those working on the frontline.

please log in to view this image

Bielsa's press conference - Hernandez out

Marcelo Bielsa took his first Press conference in over three months prior to Sundays clash against Cardiff City.

Leeds deserve to be top - Harris

Neil Harris has revealed during his press conference that Leeds deserve to be top of the table, and he hopes Leeds are not at full strength for their visit to the Cardiff City Stadium.

"I am trying to keep things close to my chest. We will see the same from Leeds as well.

“We saw Sheffield United’s team [on Wednesday], that, in my opinion, weakened their team and gave an advantage to the opponent.

“I think that’s going to be the norm for the next three and a half weeks.”

Asked about the absence of Hernandez, he said: "He’s a top player. He’s a super player and his physical output is astounding and a player I admire a lot at the level we play at.”

“Leeds deserve to be top of the table because of how they’ve been over the course of the season," Harris said.

“They have invested heavily in the setup there so it will be a great test for us. They are regarded as one of the fittest and fastest teams in the division.

“But sometimes you want to put down a marker, but if we play at our best then we have got a chance to put a marker down for the rest of the season.

“We have to focus on ourselves as a small, mini-season. I spoke to the players about hitting the ground running and laying that marker down.

“We have an opportunity to do that on Sunday. We are right at the business end of the season.”

please log in to view this image

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all..

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  3. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning pal

ristac and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  4. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Morning All,

Neil Harris is an Apprentice Mind Meddler I don't think he will get the upper hand.

A good stance adopted by the EFL

5. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Morning all, buzzing for this weekend <ok>

6. Old Git

Old Git Well-Known Member

Well typical Villa:

Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish has been charged with driving without due care and attention, and failing to stop at or report a collision, West Midlands Police have confirmed.

7. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

Morning all. Haven't watched the presser but hearing that Big Kev isn't injured, just not fit enough ?

8. lifecheshirewhite

Training on his own, 3 options, not fit, was the Leeds covid case, or fallen out with Bielsa.

Jammy 07 likes this.
  9. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Jack Grealish has been charged with two offences relating to the road accident in which the Aston Villa captain was involved when he breached lockdown in March.

The player will appear in court on 25 August to answer charges of driving without due care and attention, and failing to stop at or report a collision.

“Jack Grealish is accused of the offences in Waterside, Dickens Heath, Solihull, on Sunday March 29,” said a statement from West Midlands police. “An investigation was launched after we responded to reports of a car hitting parked vehicles and the driver fleeing on foot. The 24-year-old from Barnt Green, Worcestershire, has been postal charged to appear before Birmingham magistrates court on 25 August.”

This month Grealish told the Guardian about his embarrassment over breaking the lockdown and his efforts to atone. “I knew straight away that I had to come out and apologise myself, which I wanted to do; I didn’t want to hide behind a club statement,” said the 24-year-old. “I am old enough now and mature enough to know that I’d done wrong.

“I know I am a footballer but I’m still human and we all make mistakes and straight away I knew I’d made a mistake. I’m also a role model as well to a lot of people out there, especially young children who might look up to me. So I try to act in respectable manner but since then I have tried to keep my head down, work hard and do as much charitable work as possible.”

Whitejock and Irishshako like this.
  10. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

That last sentence is such a pile of ****.

11. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<ok>

Irishshako likes this.
  12. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. A month ago I considered us virtually promoted, now Im bricking it. Great idea to let Harris know three days in advance that Pablos not playing <whistle>

13. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

With the season's resumption now upon us I've been thinking...

What will promotion mean to you ?

To me, it's not about being in the PL, it's about not being in the EFL.

Sixteen years of despair will be consigned to history and a new dawn will rise over ER. The significance of what we would leave behind is impossible to overstate as feelings of warmth and joy would fill our hearts and exaltation would be present in our daily lives. All this and by playing superb, enthralling football, created by an absolute genius who in only 2 seasons has not only changed how we play, but how we're perceived throughout the world.

Yes this post is premature, but allow me to indulge myself a little further.

What this group of players are on the brink of achieving is quite remarkable. Their dedication from the minute Bielsa arrived has been nothing short of magnificent, throughout lockdown they have continued to train and have both eyes firmly set on completing what they set out to do after last seasons glorious failure. They are on the brink of becoming club legends, a status that will be fully deserved given the sacrifices made in pursuit of success.

So come on Leeds, our time is now, seize the moment and deliver us from our pergatory, free us to rejoice and breathe the clean air as we climb away from those that have held us captive and revelled in our downfall.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    blonogasoven, Bysshe, davy and 8 others like this.
  14. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0137-clapp Had to stop reading Jammy, I was getting emotional.<ok>

15. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Same here Eire - I was starting to vomit........<laugh>

16. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

The mature bit got me as well Gessa:grin:

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  17. Irishshako

and then SURPRISE, he's not really injured....:grin:

bucks_is_leeds and Eireleeds1 like this.
  18. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Hey up sparkles.

You be careful around brb, he hands those bans out like confetti and we wouldn't want to lose you...would we ?

Oldsparkey likes this.
  19. Irishshako

Have you been reading Churchill speeches:grin:

lifecheshirewhite and Jammy 07 like this.
  20. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

<yikes>