1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 25th Feb)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 25, 2019.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Leeds recorded their fourth victory of the New Year on Saturday edging past a stubborn Bolton side.

A first half penalty (their first, in the first 45 mins since September 2017) and a lucky lob were enough to claim all three points.

Did Leeds deserve the win?

Apart from the penalty, did Leeds look like they were going to score?

Why isn't Brown being given an opportunity?

Surely, he could have bought the lad on for the last 20 minutes?

What changes would you make for tomorrow nights game at Loftus Road?

No shortage of takers for the penalty. Hernandez and Roberts both tried to wrestle the ball from Bamford!

With their designated penalty taker injured (Roofe), the team should know prior to kick off, who the spot kicker will be!

Roberts nose looked to be firmly out of joint!

After the game, in the post match interview, Bielsa said the person who goes to grab the ball is usually the player with most confidence about taking it.

With this being the case, I'm amazed their wasn't a ruck!

One of the big talking points of the game was the second half melee which saw Parkinson banished to the stands.

Three points.

One, Why does Jansson have to be right in the middle of any trouble?

Two, Klich came along, and was seen to squirt his drinks bottle over the head of a Bolton player.

My third point was that the drama was caused by a terrible tackle on Alioski. Not one player actually checked to see if he was alright.

We all know that more times than not Leeds players get singled out for punishment - why give the EFL / FA the ammunition?

ristac and Whitejock like this.
  2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. I saw only 75 minutes of Saturday game and it was poor. Don’t care at this point of season as only thing that matters are the points. Brown not playing cos not good enough yet. Maybe he will be at some point. Goings on at end of Wembley final between Chelsea’s and manager possibly talking point of the season so far. Amazing disrespect from a player for his manager and probably to be expected in the present era

3. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Good morning Matt & all

Yes Leeds deserved to win

We made plenty of opportunities but whether we look like scoring as we miss so many chances is open to debate

Hernandez has taken the majority of penalties not Roofe this season. Felt sorry for Pablo, he created ten chances only for his teammates to continually miss them, he had a opportunity of scoring himself & it was taken away from him. It's a good job Bamford scored as it was the only way he was going to grab a goal, still lacking sharpness I suspect

Brown is obviously not ready, he is on the bench because we have a small squad as is the case with some of the U23's, crazy situation where you have seven subs on the bench & the chances are Bielsa is only going to use two of the seven

As for the melee once again it was all handbags, you see much worse in rugby where the fists really fly

4. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Disrespect from a Goalie who thinks he is too good, worlds most expensive. The proposed sub was ex Man City goalie, seen the way they take penalties and is supposed to be a penalty expert. Glad Man City won though.

Klich shouldn't have squirted the water down their players back but ...... I would really like to see the EFL hearing "Mr Klich you are charged with aggressively squirting water at some Bolton player that nobody knows, how do you plead?" it would be hilarious

PS I do know that water squirted at high velocity is dangerous and can be used for several military purposes

Irishshako likes this.
  5. Eric Le Merde

Morning All,

Just goes to show that even the Leeds players think Alioski is a diver :emoticon-0105-wink: His goal was deflected, I think, which wrong footed their goalie.

Adam Pope I remember said that Brown was paid per game, surely that's not the reason he isn't playing?

6. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

I sorry I can't help myself but every time I've watched Klich squirt water over the water the Bolton player it made me laugh
    please log in to view this image
    that's a new one in the crazy world of football

Klich behaved like a mischievous schoolboy
    please log in to view this image

7. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Do we think that bielsa’s legendary preparation extends to missile velocity water cannons embedded in drinks bottles... for just such eventualities? Agent Klich, merely following orders.

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

Jermain Jenas is a cnut a thick cnut

We deserved to win and Bamford should have had 4 goals and taken with the 3 he should have scored last time ...... can't wait for him to get his form back in front of goal because you can see he can be lethal as he gets in the right place at the right time. He has a great attitude and said he didnt sleep on Saturday night because he missed chances which hurts him. We must start taking chances so that we get the pressure off and start killing games.

The Chelsea keeper incident was a shame and i felt that the way Sarri had set his team up they were solid, brilliant at times and almost killed the game off by scoring goals. Even the Sarri haters at Stamford Bridge must have been happy for their coach and then the prick between the sticks screwed him I believe Sarri will walk away now as the dressing room has cost at least 4 managers their jobs at that toxic club. The little big headed Belgium twat has too much clout and we saw yesterday that not one player, even the captain went over and dragged the keeper off, what a farce.

The most important thing for me over the weekend was the comments made by Angus Kinnear, wow he gave everyone both barrels. The FA/EFL, Derby, Norwich, reading, Bristol, Jeramin Jenas and other very average/poor ex players as pundits.... Brilliant stuff

9. Eric Le Merde

Angus Kinnear <applause><applause><applause><applause>

10. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Chelsea told Leeds three weeks ago that he was fit, and for Leeds to start paying...

IMO, there's only one way for a player to get match sharp, and that's to play!!!

Eric Le Merde likes this.

11. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

And he has been doing that for the u23's. A different level totally. Maybe Bielsa doesnt think hes good enough. He sees him every day whereas the fans just dream of a Messi type character, most have never seen play

12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

We started paying for Brown (% of his wage) weeks ago as he is now classed as fully fit and able to turn out for the first team. He has played plenty of U23 games now and has scored 6 goals. Bielsa is either saving him for emergencies or feels he needs to get stronger in the turning and stopping department. 12 month out means you can be fully fit but not proper match fit as muscles dont get used in twisting and turning and can only come back with playing. I hope he makes it as I think he can offer something different and lets face it he can score goals which we dont seem to be able to right now. Match tomoz and another at the weekend so we will probably see the boy play at some stage. Scary though the number of fans who know little bout him who think he will be the savior of our season, they could be disappointed.

LeedsinYork and Eireleeds1 like this.
  13. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Brown can play as many U23 games that he likes, but the only way he's going to get match sharpness is to play first team football imo.

14. ellandback

Forum Moderator

David Hopkins has stepped down at Bradford City Manager!!!
    I like him when he was playing at Leeds!!!

15. ellandback

Forum Moderator

5 games left till the international break: how many points?

QPR (A)

WBA (H)

Bristol City (A)

Reading (A)

Sheff Utd (H)

Irishshako likes this.
  16. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt and co from a foggy Seacroft
    Well this week can be pivotal to where we will be in Mayand we will have our work cut out especially against the cheats of the season inWBA they robbed Forest by getting a goal through diving on Sat Rodriguez handled the ball into the net but was caught out Eyes will be on this pair of cheatsbut its up to the manager to stop it
    Sheff certainly look like thereal deal at present I just hope we regain some form otherwise its playoffs

17. FollowMe&LeedsUnited

FollowMe&LeedsUnited Well-Known Member

With some of the tackles flying in on Saturday it may not have been the right baptism for him. Knowing our luck he'd have been injured straight away. Seriously his time will come I'm sure.

Farsleyexile and Whitejock like this.
  18. lifecheshirewhite

I've got a different theory with regards the Chelsea keeper,the Chelsea manager said after talking to the team Doctor,it was all ok,Does this mean the keeper was pretending to have a problem to waste time ? but he did too good a job and fooled his own manager as well,this would explain the manager being ok with it after the Doctors report.

19. lifecheshirewhite

I'm a pessimist so will go with 13

Irishshako likes this.
  20. lifecheshirewhite

Klich squirted water over their player who tried to drag Alioski off the ground,he needed cooling down.<whistle>

davy, ristac and Irishshako like this.