1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 3rd February)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 3, 2020.

1. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Big fat Kev :angry:

2. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0159-musiche’s fat he’s round his arse drags on the ground augustin, augustin

wakeybreakyheart and ristac like this.
  3. milkyboy

:emoticon-0159-musicHe’s fat he’s round he’ll cost 20 million pounds augustin, augustin

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  4. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Under pressure to get any striker in, had we left it too late spending too much time chasing Che Adams..

5. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Let’s look on the bright side we could do with some players with a bit of bulk
    Ps I’m getting fed up of moaning, things may change tomorrow who knows :angel:

OLOF and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  6. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Right I've just watched the first half of Augustin's debut for the u23's and after reading comments I was expecting to see a black Michellin man in a Leeds shirt. Jan Molby, Sammy Lee or Micky Quinn he ain't.

I can confirm that he is definitely not fat. Obviously needs to get match sharp, but even at this stage he's worth having on the bench at Forest.

Strong, powerful, loads of pace - he'll prove to be a great signing.

7. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Where to start ?

Ok, let's go back to Saturday and Bamford...2 headers on target, beats the keeper both times but both are cleared off the line, hard to fault him on either of those efforts. In fact I think they were good attempts and on another day could easily have resulted in two goals. His other big chance was first half from Klich's cut back where he mistimes his right foot effort. He could have done better on this one but in his defence Klich doesn't keep his cross on the ground, it gets slighlty airborne which lacks quality on his part, it's much harder to strike a ball bouncing at ankle height with your wrong foot than one that's hugging the turf.

So with his right foot shot that worked the keeper in the first half that's 3 attempts on target with one saved and two cleared off the line. However all I've been reading on here all weekend is how he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo ?

Seems some fans have such a preconceived and predjudiced opinion of Bamford that it's now impossible for him to get a fair assessment of his performance.

Let's not forget he created the best chance of the game for Harrison and also put Costa in for the first opportunity early on from which he (Costa) worked the keeper.

Moving on to our new striker Jean- Kevin Augustin.

Now I was as disappointed as anyone that he didn't make the bench on Saturday as on paper he has a fine pedigree. However the criticism Bielsa has received for taking that decision borders on the insane in my opinion. As head coach he will have assessed the player and then made the best decision for both the player and the squad.

Equally as ridiculous are the conclusions being drawn on Augustin today after he's had nothing more than a gentle introduction to life as a Leeds player. One half of U23's football and suddenly he's gone from an exciting signing to useless, unfit and overweight....tough luck Jean-Kev, we loved you until you laced your boots up but now the boo boys are onto you already.

Shall I add in the calls for Orta to be hung, drawn and quartered ?

Premature in the extreme, given that neither of the January signings have yet to make their debuts.

And finally (for now)....

Apparently some, and it's more than just a few have run out of support for our amazing head coach Marcelo Bielsa. There are just no words to aptly describe the absolute idiocy and sheer lunancy for holding that point of view...however I shall try;

Many times during the Revie era those great players who represented us with such distinction came up short, it's what happens in sport. Sometimes it just doesn't go your way, no matter how good you are, how much you deserve something, how much better than the opposition you are, fate or poor refereeing decisions etc contrive against you. It's how you react during those tough times that marks you out as either someone special or lacking in the character to bounce back and succeed.

We will bounce back and we will succeed and if we don't then at least I will have backed my club, my coaches, my players until the very last kick as anything else is totally unjustifiable to me.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  8. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hope you’re right and he is just muscular or stocky, or big boned, I’ve got to say I watched a bit again and he is a bit more on the ‘chubby’ side than I first thought. Wiki has him down at 10st 5lb if he isn’t at least a stone over that I need new glasses.

Either way, I hope he succeeds and when he gets a chance in front of goal he puts his weight behind it ;) <ok>

Whitejock and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  9. 2 pennth

That’s better let’s all get positive :angel:

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  10. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

He'll turn out to be a great signing for us this season. Quality player.

ristac likes this.

11. LeeUtd

LeeUtd Well-Known Member

The Edmondson argument ends now. Out for 8 weeks for knee surgery.

12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Someone isn’t reading the script ;)

13. 2 pennth

I have decided to try and be positive Monday to Friday inclusive Saturday and Sunday reserved as moaning days :angel:

14. LeeUtd

LeeUtd Well-Known Member

Positivity____

15. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He's fat, he's round, his tread creates a mound - Auustin, Augustin

16. milkyboy

augustin out for 6 weeks, liposuction

Farsleyexile, Irishshako and LeeUtd like this.
  17. LeeUtd

LeeUtd Well-Known Member

One the best half times. Milton Keynes.

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  18. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Can someone give me an honest and reasonable explanation why Glory was banned ?

As far as I can see everyone on here is perfectly able to form an opinion, stick to it and defend their position.

Some of those views are bordering on being anti Leeds at times but as I support and defend free speech I say bring it on !!!

Obviously there were some famous spats with WJ but nothing was actually going on at the time of the ban. Actually now I think about it there was the issue of the match day threads being sacrosanct but Glory was trying to be peacemaker by suggesting the Saloon bar.

Maybe he was just the Bamford of the forum at that time...underappreciated and misunderstood ?

19. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

If he is like Bamford, maybe he is just trying to reply but he keeps missing the keyboard. :emoticon-0136-giggl

<sorry>

Irishshako and Jammy 07 like this.
  20. lifecheshirewhite

If he can stand and head, would still give him a go <whistle> Bielsa's had him knee capped.

ristac, wakeybreakyheart and LeeUtd like this.