1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 6th July)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Aug 6, 2020.

1. lifecheshirewhite

Going to put my house on Leeds winning the league. <laugh>

Irishshako and Eric Le Merde like this.
  2. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

I don't want to spoil it for you but.... Varroa Mites are the only thing that kill bees.

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  3. Eric Le Merde

OK I'm going to assume the Sr Bielsa will sign up so given that we have 5 weeks until the new season starts when do you think we will have to have the new players, if any, signed up. Does somebody know when pre-season starts?

4. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

The Bat is some player how much would he cost?

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  5. lifecheshirewhite

They can't be stopped, us and WBA fighting for runners up spot.

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  6. Eric Le Merde

That Pontus guy!! What vision he had signing for such a progressive club. Imagine making that decision, how could he have known?

ristac and lifecheshirewhite like this.
  7. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

The lads are back next Wednesday

Bats will cost £18m but his wages are between £80k - £100k per week media re saying Chelsea will sell him for £25m but Fat Fwank has been sensible and says £18m will get him. Its down to his wages of over £4m per year on top of the transfer fee. I admit he would make the difference but.....

9. Eric Le Merde

Do you really want anything to do with bats, after the trouble they've caused?

ellandback and lifecheshirewhite like this.
  10. Eric Le Merde

So it would be good to get new recruits signed up this week or next at the latest to have any chance of them being up to speed by the 12th Sept?

lifecheshirewhite and ristac like this.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I watched Man Utd last night and had my eye on Dan James and Sergio Romero. James crap but Romero was brilliant and pulled off some good saves but his reading of the game was great along with his footwork and distribution. No wonder hes played for Argentina so many times and why Bielsa likes him. I hope he tells that lot ob off and leave or maybe is loaned out to us so that he can bring Meslier on over a couple of seasons. Loan to buy would be good

12. Eric Le Merde

Probably posted elsewhere but thoroughly deserved <applause><applause><applause>

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 7.24.10 pm.png

Gessa, Irishshako, johhny757 and 3 others like this.
  13. wf10white

wf10white Well-Known Member

Morning all

ristac likes this.
  14. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

He got an improved contract and more money. Took the deal and moved on as he was pushed.

15. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Morning everyone
    Can't wait for some signings, particularly the most important one of all.
    All this talk of this multi million pound players,commanding huge wages for me will not happen,these players are set in their ways & possibly would not adapt to a Bielsa's system, more likely someone eager to learn their trade and be moulded by Bielsa to a top pl player, this type of player will not cost the earth & will not upset the applecart with huge wage demands, this is why i am not expecting anything more than pl survival for our first season back in the big time. However after that new moulded players will have found their feet, so season two but more likely season three,we could now be in the position to challenge the top three. Of course a lot of this assumption depends on Bielsa staying,and do you know what ? i think he will. Good times ahead my friends, but don't be surprised or upset if we don't get those big names playing for Leeds it's not Bielsa's way.Mark my words he will build a top team, not buy one.

16. johhny757

johhny757 Well-Known Member

Morning all! It sure is interesting times to be a Leeds supporter. I was thinking would Watkins and Benramah cut it week in and week out in the PL. But then I suppose you have to take into account that before Bielsa, our squad which was pretty much the same could only manage mid-table. So I think I would rather buy players and let Bielsa work his magic on them if they are happy to sign up permanently and commit themselves to the Bielsa regime. Wolves and Sheffield Utd have both proven that you can go far with a canny manager and a tight knit squad.

17. johhny757

johhny757 Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly Southernwhite. <ok>
    We are Leeds UNITED and shouldn't just turn ourselves into another club full of loan players or what would seperate us from half a dozen or so other bland PL clubs. Anyway, as long as Bielsa is at the helm, I think we will be ok.

ristac and lifecheshirewhite like this.
  18. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I’m only guessing here but in regards to the transfer delays it’s like a game of poker between clubs and players. Ben White being a prime example, he probably wants to leave but ask for a move and he loses some money. Leeds will want him to put in a request as it lowers his price.

Watkins could be the same, strange some seem to believe he has an £18m release clause yet his club deny it. Maybe it’s only activated if the player asks for a move? Holidays too, everyone is taking a quick break.

My only concern is we’ve all seen how Bielsa treats late comers.

19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

One thing I forgot to mention is that Batshit already has a relationship with Bielsa as it was Bielsa who made him into a striker when at Marseille. Bielsa taught how to do certain things that meant Batshit scored 10 quickfire goals before Bielsa left. He only has good things to say about him. So not sure that ff like that work these days in the world of football wages

20. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit