1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 6th June)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 6, 2019.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Leading French journalist Julien Laurens revealed yesterday on the Jim White Show (on Talksport) that QSI are expected to take full control of Leeds Utd sooner rather then later!

“The owners of PSG, the Qatar Royal Family, are very keen on buying Leeds,” Laurens revealed.

“They know the owner there very well, Nasser Al-Khelaifi, who is the PSG chairman and who is very close to the Qatar Royal Family and he is very good friends with Radrizzani [the Leeds owner].

“Just to explain it quickly, there is obviously big competition between the Qatar Royal Family and the Abu Dhabi Royal Family, who own Manchester City.

“And they have expanded their brand everywhere in the world; in Japan, in Australia, in the U.S and the MLS and in Spain as well.

“And in Qatar, they are thinking ‘well, we should be the same really’ to expand the brand and get a few clubs.

“And Leeds would very much be part of that.

“I think they have been in interested in the English market for a long time – they also looked at AS Roma – but it looks like Leeds ticks a lot of the boxes for them.

“I would be very surprised if that takeover doesn’t actually happen. I think it will happen sooner rather than later.”

Meanwhile, the oracle of Leeds Utd journalism Phil Hay is still playing down the rumour, saying the following:-

They’ve got the money to buy in any time so you’d be daft to discount it. But Leeds are genuinely playing it down, in a way which I wouldn’t expect them to if it was happening.”

According to various reports, Leeds are in a hurry to tie down both Brendon Barker and Jack Harrison on loan for next season from Citah!

Good signings?

Whitejock likes this.
  2. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Do you think you will ever get an owner who actually wants to keep the club <laugh>

3. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

your Centenary badge should have a white elephant on it <laugh>

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

Lots of TOMA around too so we would be wise to let things develop and see what happens. The Harrison thing is non stop so I would guess thats going to happen along with at least one more loan from Pep. Dont think Bielsa will be delving in the Chelsea loan bucket as 3 flops last time.

Whatever happens I think I can guarantee we will have stronger team this season

5. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Morning all last day on Thassos and now i remember why i dont live with her. Love this island though and will be coming back.
    Phil hay knows what we know and thats feck all.
    Harrison can stay at citeh and who is the other ive never heard of him.
    We need better signings cos harrison hardly creats or scores. As for Roberts dont think he has scored for over 25 games.

6. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Well I'm a Harrison fan, so feck off to the lot of you'se<party> Morning all by the way. <ok>

7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

I feel it would be nice if the takeover happened but unlike previous times, it isn’t an immediate necessity. We couldn’t wait to get rid of Bates and he found the only clueless lot willing to deal with him. GFH nearly made us bust, we needed Cellino to bail us out, he meant well but he was a clown.

Rads is doing great in comparison with limited funds, yes he is polishing us up ready for the big sale, it will happen it just depends when.

Harrison will be a better player this season, he knows the set up, Bielsa likes him, we need a wide attacking option, we might be able to do better but we could do a lot worse.

Irishshako likes this.
  8. Morbid_White

Morbid_White Well-Known Member

Barker played lots of games in the Dutch league 2 seasons ago, lots of games in the Scottish premier league 1 season ago, and struggled to get game time for Preston in the championship for season just finished, so hopefully that will tell you enough about him Wakey :)

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  9. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Given all players will be currently be on holidays and Rads and his crew will be working full time on takeover or part sale (take your pick), Id say its safe to say not a jot has been done yet about new signings. It has to be decided who will be running the show next season first and what budget theyll have before doing any deals. Thats my opinion anyway but hope to see a lot better than Harrison arriving

1964white and southernwhite like this.
  10. Eireleeds1

Sounds ideal so <whistle>

11. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Morning all.
    Urgently required accurate news not fake. Anyone got anything to report:emoticon-0148-yes:

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  12. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt and co from a chilly but sunny Bardsey
    The sooner this deal is done the better we can stop selling our best players to fund useless loanees
    PSG will loan us some first rate youngsters so speculation about new signings will be just that speculation
    I think AR has done a good job on a very limited budget but we need to press on now
    Redfearn was after Barker a while ago and I think he took him to Rotherham

13. Eireleeds1

<applause> Well said Mike

14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Some pundits predicting this team for next season

please log in to view this image

2 pennth likes this.
  15. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Even though Phil says Freeman not going o happenhe still makes the above team <laugh> love this time of year and think Mbape will love Yorkshire

16. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Odowda rather than Barker and someone to replace Cooper
    Who is Eza Doc videos please Freeman a big YES and Gayle
    BPF not good enough yet so Westwood on a free for me

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  17. ellandback

Forum Moderator

We know why you like Harrison...

please log in to view this image

southernwhite and Irishshako like this.
  18. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Eza is an Iranian International

19. Eireleeds1

Possible snags, four of them not Leeds players. Hernandez in my opinion will only be good for half the games next season. Would be great if we had the luxury of using him in an impact capacity rather than building a team around him. Also surely, if we can shift Kiko, well be signing an experienced keeper. If Bielsa didnt rate BPF as good enough last season, hes hardly improved enough since

ristac and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  20. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I like him even more now. Having a beer named after you, fecking legend. Smooth and fast with a crisp finish:)