1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 10th June)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 10, 2021.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Thursday 10th June, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Orta identifies Fulham ace as Phillips back up

Victor Orta has identified Harrison Reed as a potential signing this summer according to the Daily Mail.

Reed came through the youth ranks at St Mary's back in 2013. He never really established himself there, spending much of his time on loan. Fulham eventually snapped him up for a bargain 6m last Summer. His displays for the Cottagers paid dividends, with the 26yo catching the eye of many top flight Managers.

Leeds need another midfielder, especially someone who can back up Kalvin Phillips. Although capable, Koch and Struijk were unable to fill the massive gap left when the Yorkshire Pirlo was indisposed!

Fans took to social media following this exciting news, with the vast majority feeling Reed would be an ideal player for Bielsa and would welcome his signing. Many think that Reed is too good to play second fiddle, even in the Premiership, but his role is identical to Phillips! Playing two defensive midfielders is an option, but very un-Bielsa like as we know he likes free flowing attacking football.

Messrs Orta and Radrizzani could pick up a bargain due to Fulham's relegation back to the Championship!

please log in to view this image

Roberts signs three year deal

Tyler Roberts has penned a new three year deal, keeping him at Elland Road until 2024.

The 22yo is currently on International duty with Wales in the Euro's They are preparing for their first group game against Switzerland on Saturday, but Roberts still had time to put pen to paper; therefor dismissing any transfer talk of him leaving this Summer.

He joined three and a half years ago from the Baggies for 2.5m. Injury and indifferent form has hampered first team opportunities, but Bielsa believes in the lad!

Last term, he featured 28 times, scoring just the once, against Southampton in the penultimate game of the season.

We know Bielsa likes a small squad. By signing Roberts, does it show a lack of ambition from Leeds?

please log in to view this image

Could Leeds be trying to hijack Perraud deal?

The Express are reporting that an unnamed club are trying to hijack Southampton's attempt to land Brest left back Romain Perraud. The Whites were in firm control of the situation until earlier this week when it emerged the South Coast club had agreed personal terms with the 23yo.

It is believed that Leeds have identified a second choice in SD Huesca's Javi Galan. The 26yo is available at a cut price 3.5m (from 7.5m) following relegation from La Liga. His continual pressing, and dribbling skills have caught the attention of the Leeds Director of football!

compare.jpg

2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

According to the media Orta has identified 127 players but how many are genuine, how many are click bait. Yes there are a couple of Fulham players that would fit at Leeds just like there are a couple from WBA, none from the blunts though.

I think this month and next plays out like this:
    • Harrison is paid for and signs for Leeds
    • Some academy players get released
    • Some academy players sign
    • Bielsa signs
    • Some U23s come in
    • Some U23s go out on loan
    • We sign a LB
    • We sign DM
    • We sign a LW/AM
    • Pre season

foolee and Irishshako like this.
  3. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

Morning all I'm still wanting Rodrigo de Paul. I won't stop hoping till he signs something somewhere. He's my want to be marquee signing.
    As on a Left back you can see just by speculation there is plenty out there and I trust the club in selecting the correct one. As on a winger I still wouldn't be surprised if we pull in Dan James.
    I'm sure by next week the irons will be in the fire then it's the circus that comes with it to get them over the line.

4. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Dan James imo would be way overpriced and isn't as good as our current wingers Raphinha, Harrison, even Costa. And as backup there's Summerville, so no need to waste funds on James, who seems to have gone backwards since his move to Leeds fell through.

Shows how much progress we've made since then though as at the time he'd have become one of our better players. Now he'd be on the fringes of the first team.

w.c.dukenfield, Irishshako and Gessa like this.
  5. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Chelsea have offered 154.5m for Erling Haaland

6. FORZA LEEDS

Didn't include Poveda as I've yet to see anything from him that justifies the hype, but as the saying goes, Bielsa knows best :biggrin:

Irishshako likes this.
  7. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Morning all,

From what I have seen of Fulham for the last two years Reed stood out for me. Would be more than happy to see him come in.

Roberts is obviously a polarising player both on here and social media. Clearly he is a player Bielsa likes, look at his much game time he got second half of the season.

Now he has signed and there is no question over his future it would be nice to see everyone get behind him until he gives us a proper reason not to, and I don't mean a bad performance here or there.

ristac, CreativeMenace, Aski and 3 others like this.
  8. FORZA LEEDS

So much for financial fair play rules <doh> only applies to certain clubs it seems.

Marcos Barber and Gessa like this.
  9. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Agreed on reed, looks a decent player, but Roberts now he has signed needs more consistency and to weigh in with more goals because he is lacking in both at the moment perhaps his new contract will galvanise him into improving on both counts I mean if el loco believes he is worth a punt surely the lad can't learn off anybody better.....over to you Tyler give the boss back some of his faith in you or blow it,in your court now boyo

southernwhite likes this.
  10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Massive relevant point this because Man City showed how to beat the system last season. And this season nobody is going to get done because of Covid, so clubs with plenty of money will get to abuse the system more than anyone else

Irishshako and FORZA LEEDS like this.

11. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

If Bielsa has any flaws it could be his stubborness. IMO we could have offered Roberts a rolling one year contract and see how he improves, if he indeed improves. But you know what sometimes certain players don't fit certain clubs and may well thrive at another. I hope Bielsa will be here for three years as well.<ok>

12. Old Git

Old Git Well-Known Member

The other one gets in on the act.
    Former footballer Anton Ferdinand explores the issue of racism in the game from a personal perspective, speaking for the first time about his highly publicised incident with John Terry in 2011

Irishshako likes this.
  13. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

They are all coming out of the woodpile:grin:

stonkin likes this.
  14. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

We've started on this thread now as well have we ?

hemase likes this.
  15. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Afternoon all... Philips misses 4-5 games in a season, if we had a replacement Bielsa would still shuffle the pack and use Struijk, Llorente or Koch I don’t see we need someone like Reid who might never get a game

16. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Just shows you the depth of feeling
    My last word on the subject
    All lives matter
    I object to being told I am lacking in intelligence because I don’t understand
    I don’t agree with racism of what ever form
    Yes our black bro’s have had a rough time over the years no dispute there however some of the main culprits have been of there own race
    What I mainly object to is having the subject rammed down my throat every time I turn the tv on
    I am intelligent enough to realise that the main tv operators are falling over themselves to tick boxes I won’t go on but anyone with the smallest level of intelligence will know what I mean
    As for the so called pundits of this world they are making matters worse. Every man and his dog is jumping on the band wagon for self glorification.

southernwhite, Doc, leeds60 and 2 others like this.
  17. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

Agree not my choice as well but just stated fact.
    he's defo a proven player on Orta's - Bielsa's Transfer radar rather than speculation.
    we have been interested in nearly every window since.
    That's why I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised.
    Scum are defo going to improve their squad and Danny boy aint getting much game time as it is which means we could well test the water again.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  18. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

I cannot see any reason why a 22 year old would accept a rolling one year contract. At this point in his career he is looking to get himself a good contract on good money.

NostradEmus likes this.
  19. FORZA LEEDS

:undecided:
    Yeah I wasn't implying he was your choice SIDDAS and I would hazard a guess he's no longer Bielsa's choice. When it's been stated in transfer windows since his Leeds move broke down I put it down to lazy journalism - James is having a bad time of it so Leeds will try again etc etc. No evidence we're still interested in him.

Plus the fact we now have a few more wingers at the club since the Swansea owner pulled the plug - I just can't see him coming to Leeds. Unfortunately for him that ship has sailed :biggrin:

Whitejock likes this.
  20. FORZA LEEDS

Augustin would snatch your arm off for a rolling one year contract :biggrin: we could use the fat **** to roll the new pitch :emoticon-0136-giggl

hemase, stonkin and Irishshako like this.