1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 11th March)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Mar 11, 2021.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Thursday 11th March, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Casilla - Deny deny deny

Leeds shot stopper Kiko Casilla has denied there is a rift between himself and the club following his outburst on Instagram on Tuesday. The 34yo was recently dropped from the first team in favour of 19yo youngster Elia Caprile. The former Real Madrid player also lost his place in the U23's last week at Wolves.

Following his omission from the first team, the Spaniard took to Instagram to write:-

“I’m slow to go, because I believe in changes. And I wait, and I endure, and I keep. But one day I get tired, and without saying anything I leave everything and go. Believe me that once I get tired I won’t come back again, because I give everything before I leave," followed by a succession of emojis indicating he was remaining quiet.

Now, I'm not saying Leeds fans are fickle (yeah we are) but hundreds of Leeds fans took to social media to demand an explanation.

The veteran keeper obliged, and posted the following comment on the clubs Fanzone's Instagram:

"honestly, there are people with very boring lives, I have not said anything bad about the club or my situation, they are personal things, not to do with Leeds.#mot", followed by a heart emoji in club colours.

Casilla's agent even got in on the act, commenting:-

"He has two more years at Leeds and is more than happy there. "Like every player, he would like to play more, however Illan is doing a very good job and Kiko is always close to support him. "I don't know the exact meaning behind his posts but I don't believe it is about Leeds United,"

please log in to view this image

Pundit fearful Leeds are running out of steam

Former Villa defender, now pundit Alan Hutton has criticised Bielsa for persevering with his 'man marking' tactics, though admitted to being 'in awe of Leeds non stop style'. He went on to say that it would start to take it's toll on players, identifying Mateusz Klich and Jack Harrison as potential casualties.

“Well, no wonder with the amount of running they have to do. I think everybody would be the same. “It’s one of those teams where they are at 110 per cent always, literally always. They do man for man marking that still baffles me. The way the season has gone, it’s their first season back, some of the best teams, best players that you’ll play against and there’s been no pre-season.

“Then to play this style of football, it’s going to have a toll on you. I don’t care who you are as a player and how fit you are. You look at Harrison, he’s been on the bench for the last few games. “I think he’s been outstanding, he can run all day. However, he’s still going to have a blip in form. Everybody else is going to go through that, especially with that style of football.

“I think we’re just seeing that at different periods of different games. The likes of Klich or whatever have been magnificent but they’re going to have ups and downs. I think that’s just part of how it’s going to be when you play that type of football.”

please log in to view this image

bucks_is_leeds and Gessa like this.
  2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

Hutton is yet another know nothing gobshyte and not a Leeds fan as he only loves Villa. Klich is carrying an injury and he has also played more consecutive games for Bielsa than any other player and he played more games in total than any other Leeds player. Yes he could probably do with a rest, but this time last season we had played a lot more games. Its easier in the Prem and the lads had a 9 day break up to the WHU game and will be having a 2 week break due to Internationals. So please STFU Hutton and any if your mates who know nothing.

Pointless talking about Kiko as I believe his time at Leeds is up

Whitejock and Gessa like this.
  3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

Don’t know why we’d demand an explanation from Kiko, it’s good he is not happy about being number two as he’s an expensive number two, a poor number two and we need him gone.

Klich and Harrison have been poor for at least a dozen games, we rarely play twice a week, just more lazy journalism blaming Bielsa teams getting tired.

OLOF and Doc like this.
  4. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Klich needs a break to get over his niggling injury, Harrison isn't tired, he's badly out of form.

Suddenly everyone is an expert on all things Leeds, how come no comments from these genius' on Southampton's fall down the table, which has been pretty drastic.

southernwhite and Doc like this.
  5. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Interesting to hear his agent saying he's happy, and has two years left on his contract.

Hmmmmmm....

OLOF, southernwhite and Gessa like this.
  6. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Exactly, where else is he going to get £45k per week.

Marcos Barber and southernwhite like this.
  7. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Have you given me some extra points yet on the predict 6?

Thx in advance...

8. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

As soon as you start upping your game and predicting better, they're yours mate :emoticon-0105-wink:

ristac and ellandback like this.
  9. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

That's harsh Gessa, Ell has scored 17 points in the last 12 rounds which is a vast improvement of 5 points from the first 15 rounds.

If he had replicated his current form in the first 15 rounds then he'd only be 16 points behind 13th placed Ringo instead of 37 points behind him :emoticon-0105-wink:

ellandback and Gessa like this.
  10. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

So Ell is Fulham

Aski likes this.

11. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

Oh I wouldn't be that generous, Fulham at least have a chance of not finishing in the bottom three

Whitejock and Gessa like this.
  12. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

<laugh>

13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Maybe we should ask 2P to do a run in spreadsheet for him

Aski likes this.
  14. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Exactly... :emoticon-0103-cool:

15. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

If you had said first week of predictions that all your predictions were going to be 1-0 home wins, you would have 88 points so far.

I did say that I would be following the George Graham method of predicting results with my first post in that thread. It's not very exciting but rarely lets you down:emoticon-0102-bigsm

16. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

I'd imagine it wouldn't need too much updating

Doc likes this.
  17. blonogasoven

blonogasoven Well-Known Member

Wow!

Aski likes this.
  18. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Not worth opening a spreadsheet to state the obvious
    Ell to finish 3rd from bottom
    <laugh>

Aski and Doc like this.
  19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

<laugh> He does realise that he could be relegated doesn't he?

20. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

To the Hull board

ristac and Doc like this.
: mot