1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 1st December)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Dec 1, 2022.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg

Good Morning. It's Thursday 1st December, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Kristensen horror show

Rasmus Kristensen endured a horrific first 45 minutes against Australia last night, and was dragged off at half-time, as Denmark crashed out of the World Cup at the group stage. With just one point (a 0-0 with Tunisia) out of a possible nine, the Danes have seriously under performed this World Cup, and although Kristensen may have been poor last night, he was superb against France, keeping Mbappé quiet. The Danish media laid into the 25yo, after his disastrous performance last night:-

“Nissen was nowhere near his beautiful performance against Kylian Mbappé and France. “Where did the energy go? The desire to come first? Devoid of presence, he never found his feet, and Kasper Hjulmand chose to take him out at half-time and replace him with Alexander Bah.”

“With the surfboard under his arm, he fumbled up and down the flank in search of an Australian who wanted to join him on the beach, but the Aussies were in no way interested in inviting the Dane out on anything other than a desert hike, and that upset Rasmus Nissen.

please log in to view this image

Should Leeds go three at the back

There's an interesting article, in the Athletic yesterday, asking whether Jesse Marsch is getting the most out of Rasmus Kristensen? Apart from yesterday's horror show, the Leeds No 2 has had a good World Cup, creating many problems for his opponents when bombing forward. Problems occur on the counter-attack, when he gets caught too far up the pitch, and doesn't have the pace to get back in time.

Fortunately for the Danes, they play three at the back, allowing a stronger last line of defence. Hay asks whether Marsch’s side are well-enough equiped to allow Kristensen the freedom to go forward, knowing Leeds last line of defence has been known on occasion to fluff their lines.

One of the main criticisms aimed at Jesse Marsch, is his narrow formation. Would a back three suit Leeds better? Would it give Leeds more width, and allow the full backs the luxury of linking up with the wingers? Do Leeds have three trustworthy centre backs though? If Leeds were to go three at the back, would it spell the end of the double pivot (Adams and Roca)? Perhaps Adams can assume more a Kalvin Phillips role when he was at Elland Road?

According to Phil Hay:- "In top form, the 25-year-old is a mobile full-back who, despite not having lightning pace, likes to push on and make his presence felt in the opposition’s half. Marsch wants that attacking ambition from him too but in his earliest appearances for Leeds, Kristensen looked constrained and reluctant to bomb on, unable to offer the penetration down the right that Salzburg regularly counted on. "

"It is only recently that he has emerged from his shell and even then, questions remained about whether Marsch’s side are well-enough structured to give Kristensen the freedom to go forward. Defensively, that freedom comes at a cost. His two outings for Denmark in Qatar so far, against Tunisia and France, have shown how much attacking licence his country are willing to give him."

"As a starting point, there is one basic reason behind the lack of shackles on him. The Danes play three at the back, in contrast to Leeds’ 4-2-3-1, and the extra cover provided by their wider centre-backs eases the defensive responsibility on Kristensen."

defend.jpg

Should Leeds sell Harrison

With just over 18 months left on his contract, Leeds have some difficult decisions to make regarding Jack Harrison. On his day, the former Citeh ace is as good as anyone in the top flight, yet lately his performances have been described as below-par and erratic.

One wonders whether he has had his head turned, after interest from Newcastle Utd during the Summer. Media sources have suggested that Leeds are ready to offer the 26yo a new lucrative deal that will double his salary over-night; but with no update in sight, perhaps Harrison is looking to move on!

It has been suggested that Newcastle were ready to offer £35m only four months ago. If they come back with a similar offer in January, should Leeds take it? If Summerville is ready for regular first team football, it gives Jesse Marsch a very capable right-winger, allowing Sinisterra to adopt his favoured left wing position as an inverted winger.

please log in to view this image

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all

That’s the problem with our entire defence, they all have a horror show in them and sadly it’s never a one off, it happens several times in a season.

I’d have developed Drameh and used him more but there is obviously a problem with his attitude.

Harrison doesn’t have 15 good games a season, sell him and use the funds elsewhere. We need to keep Summerville.

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

I find this interesting from Mark Jackson in the YEP. Jacko as many know was U23s coach under Bielsa and worked with the first team and made sure the 23s adopted exactly the same systems as the first team. Bielsa was replaced and Marsch promoted Jacko to first team coach and is still in place this season alongside Marsch’s new coaching set up. “I’m fortunate as I have worked under two extremes. I class Marcelo as an extreme in how he saw the game and Jesse to a certain extent. Everybody talks about the Red Bull style, but I can fully say that Jesse's adapted that and evolved it to his own style. So for me, it's a learning day every day in the building." We the fans though are going to judge if Marsch’s version of the RB style works. It worked for Marsch at Saltzburg but didn’t work in Leipzig and so far hasn’t worked in Leeds. Klopp was taught by the boss of Red Bull and adapted it to being a great spectacle, but when it fails like it did at Man Utd last season…. I wish Jesse well

leeds60 likes this.
  4. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Whatever formation we play, a massive responsibility falls on our full backs to deliver, and with our centre halves being weak, it doesn't allow our wide men to bomb forward knowing they're susceptible on the counter.

5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Harrison has been great for us and yes he can be a bit in and out but in the main has chipped in with goals and assists and his stats are always up there. However Marsch has been using him on the right and he isn’t as effective we also now have Sinisterra who plays down the left as his main position, we also have Summerville who can play the narrow game for Marsch and get into the box. Harrison seems redundant to me in this system so take the cash

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  6. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning plebs. Ill happily ship Harrison out for you lot having read through the above, especially if Doc recommends selling him, I put a lot of faith in his thoughts<ok> Please note though, won't be reinvesting the cash as Ive a few large bills looming <yikes>

stonkin, leeds60, Doc and 1 other person like this.
  7. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Morning all <ok>

Noticed a few exchanges regarding racist or what some may deem as racist comments on our board lately. I don't want any of our moderating team to mother or tell you what's right or not right to be said on here, and we let a **** ton go as your all probably be aware.

No official complaint has come in, but if it does it automatically will be seen by the supermods and that COULD take our right to defend you away.

Just a friendly warning on what you say or do and a reminder that just because you don't agree you don't have to be offended either. It's a internet forum, don't take it too seriously <cheers>

NostradEmus, stonkin, ristac and 4 others like this.
  8. Eireleeds1

9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Great news and his value has rocketed unlike this bloke:
    “Roberts was valued at €8m (£6.9m) between the winter of 2021 and summer of 2022, but that dropped to €5m (£4.3m) and then €4m (£3.45m) over the course of September and October of this year.

Injuries have led to a lack of game-time, which has had a subsequent knock-on effect in that Roberts hasn’t scored many goals.”

wakeybreakyheart and leeds60 like this.
  10. Eireleeds1

The fact he’s us less doesn’t help either. Costing me a fortune that lad is <grr>

NostradEmus and wakeybreakyheart like this.

11. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Elland said to sod all the super mods and say what we want.<laugh>

12. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

I think that Forshaw Bamford Roberts Drameth and Harrison should be out next window.Gabo will be playing for the scum so not lets waste anymore time on him

13. Eireleeds1

I’ve been trying to move them on 60 I really have but nobody’s biting

14. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I've started reading your posts in an Italian accent.

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  15. Eireleeds1

Buona <laugh>

NostradEmus likes this.
  16. stonkin

stonkin Well-Known Member

I was deeply offended...

by the twat that complained:grin:. Their stats showed 6 posts since 2014. Would hardly be a great loss to not606. Probably just trawls the fora looking for something to be offended by. Wouldn't surprise me if the **** was one of those who complained about the audi advert showing a squashed duracell bunny. Classic ad:D

FORZA LEEDS, wakeybreakyheart and Doc like this.
  17. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

Kristensen was best players up to Aus .. Denmark lost their way, not RK's fault

Three at the back? No no no

Harrison is too good to sell

Irishshako likes this.