1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 20th Aug)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Aug 20, 2019.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Tuesday 20th August, and here are the Leeds Utd headlines

Last gasp winner for Bogusz

A last gasp free kick from Mateusz Bogusz gave Leeds U23's the perfect start to the Professional Development League season against Millwall.

Strujik opened the scoring just before half time after some good work from Alioski.

Carlos Corberan made three changes at half time with Eddie Nketiah, Mateusz Bogusz and Gaetano Berardi replacing Shackleton, Alioski and Helder Costa.

It wasn't long before Nketiah made his impact known. The 19yo calmly slotted the ball beyond the Millwall shot stopper with 56 minutes on the clock.

Against the run of play Millwall were soon on level terms. They were awarded a spot kick following an alleged foul from Hasannah, and although Meslier managed to tip the ball onto the bar, he couldn't prevent the rebound.

With 5 minutes left Wall were level thanks to a well executed strike from the edge of the box leaving the keeper without a chance.

Thankfully deep in stoppage time Bogusz was on hand to curl a free kick beyond the stranded Millwall keeper. I cannot think of many first team keepers that would have got close to that. Bielsa, hope you are taking notes - your first team have not scored direct from a free kick since Boxing Day 2017.

Will Bogusz get his opportunity in the first team? Is he good enough?

If you were Costa, would you be annoyed at the lack of first team action?

What about Clarke?

please log in to view this image

Frank conversation from Brentford boss

Brentford head coach Thomas Frank has been talking to the press ahead of tomorrow evenings game at Elland Road

“The beautiful fairytale is we are winning 1-0 from a set piece and Pontus scores,”

“I know we are only going to get better and better and better this season. “It’s up to me to do it as quick as possible. “I think the second half performance at Middlesbrough fills me with confidence, the first half against Birmingham fills me with confidence, and the last 25 minutes against Hull fills me with confidence ahead of the Leeds tie.”

"We played two games last year that were very even, we respect them, they play fantastic football," Frank said. “I admire the manager Marcelo Bielsa massively, but we are confident and believe we can go up there and win.” “We know its massively difficult to go up there, but we are looking forward to it!”

Value for money?

According to The Sun Leeds have the option to buy Jack Harrison at the end of the season for 20m. Obviously, this would only be a scenario if Leeds go up. Is 20m good value for money for the winger? Let's not forget that Costa will become a Leeds player at the end of this season for 15m. Which signing is better value for money?

2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

Bogusz will get his chance but just now the 17yo is being coached with the first team and the U23s, he's learning the art of match day, he's a kid but will get in at some stage. He can do Klich, No10 or Forshaw roles and be a huge threat.

I read this morning that Bielsa thinks Harrison will be a superstar and was impressed with him before he met, him, carried on being impressed last season but knowing he had to believe. This season Bielsa thinks he is starting to deliver what he and pep believe he can do.

Only 3 league games in but not missing Ayling, Pontus, Clarke, Alioski, Roofe, Roberts, Berardi and yet to see fast Eddy and Costa start so everyone selected is doing their job well and knowing they have plenty to come in behind them.

Costa will be special when he gets Bielsaball down pat and gets his first start. I see Costa coming in when Pablo is either rested or moved to No10. I see him keeping his starting place then. Looks like Clarke is going to be the unlucky loan player tomoz as Costa, Meslier, Harrison, Nhketia and White will be in the squad. Bielsa hates changing a winning team but I think Fast Eddy would do well against Pontus and maybe this season Bielsa will look at rotating some players? No burn out and no injuries this season please.

Farsleyexile and Gessa like this.
  3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Due to the fact that we used 5 first teamers in the U23s yesterday, we haven't seen what sort of team and talent Bielsa/Corberan will be selecting. Players not used or seen at all yesterday are Edmondson who WJ said was there but with mates and not watching the game?
    Miazek
    Amor - U18s and U23s
    Mujica
    Kamwa - U18s and U23s
    McCarron
    McKinstry - U18s and U23s

Under 18s with a huge future:
    Cresswell
    Haugland
    Kumwenda
    Kenneh
    Amissah

Next match on Monday evening at Ipswich and will Bielsa want to send first teamers all the way down there or use the talent pool?

Farsleyexile and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  4. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt and Doc and co from a cool sunny Bardsey
    I see George Thorn has gone to Oxford and but for his injuries would have been a great player it just shows what lady luck has to do with you
    Pleased Pogba missed yet another penalty
    I wonder why Edmundson doesn't get a game are they sending him on loan I wonder

5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. After watching episode two of take me home last night, it showed glaringly the effect injuries had on us. Squad will need to be stronger this season to cope with the inevitable similar run of injuries. So as pleasing as the first three games have been, there will be no counting of chickens whatsoever till I see what second half of season is delivering.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Leeds60 / WJ do either of you know anything about this kid George Strang from Hamilton Accies? Apparently Bielsa was shown videos, data and reports and wants the club to get him. Still not played for the first team yet but a big story as others want him too?

Whitejock likes this.
  7. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Read the same story as you, Doc. That's all I know about him too.

Like all Scottish clubs, though, if you show a wad of cash, you'll get the player. Apparently they want to send him out on loan. Hopefully he'll go to the Jags! :D

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Love to see how fat the wedge of cash coming out of Partick will be <laugh> kiddies piggy banks being emptied all over Maryhill.

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  9. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

If they've got anything left at all! :D

Btw, just watched this. Amused me no end. Wait for the end (don't think you need to be a FB user to watch this ....

10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Seems the guys at Analytics FC have rave revues about young Strang

11. dbc

dbc Well-Known Member

NostradEmus likes this.
  12. dbc

dbc Well-Known Member

13. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Afternoon all

14. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Oh well, at least we have plenty of cover at CB.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  15. dbc

dbc Well-Known Member

With I presume Beradi covering for Cooper

16. JonnyLosAngeles

JonnyLosAngeles Well-Known Member

Why give this away ahead of time?

17. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

I suppose he’s not definitely saying what team will be. It’s an improvement on last season

18. dbc

dbc Well-Known Member

However I suspect that's only because he doesn't know yet....

19. dbc

dbc Well-Known Member

I think he does it for us rather than the opposition.

20. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Seriously worried about lack of CB cover. Ayling can do it but is also injured. Berardi is an accident waiting to happen. I thought Halme would step up this year but obviously not rated by Bielsa.

As usual, happy to be proved wrong! I just have a bad feeling that injuries to our CB's could cost us.