1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 10th May)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 10, 2023.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg

Good Morning. It's Wednesday 10th May, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Robinson strongly linked with MK Dons hot seat

A week after arriving at Elland Road, Leeds Assistant Manager Karl Robinson may be back on the move, after being strongly linked to the vacant MK Dons hot seat. Former Leeds Utd Academy Coach Mark Jackson was given his marching orders yesterday, after failing to keep them in League One, prompting speculation they have their sights fixed on Robinson.

Robbo is no stranger to the Buckinghamshire based club; he spent six successful years there (2010-2016), during his maiden Managerial stint, the youngest in the entire league at the time.

please log in to view this image

Rodrigo must start against Magpies

Former player, now pundit, Tim Sherwood believes Sam Allardyce has no option but to drop Patrick Bamford to the bench, in favour of Rodrigo, for the visit of Newcastle this weekend.

The former Spurs and England midfielder slammed Bamford's performance at the Etihad last weekend as 'so poor', and further retorted that 'he never even run around'. In truth, although Sherwood's success in football coaching reads as favourably as Putin's contribution to World peace, he may actually have a point!

Like it or not, but Bamford doesn't look comfortable or fit. If he is restricted, he shouldn't play. Leeds do not have the luxury, that they can carry players, and with Rodrigo already on 14 goals this season, it's baffling why he has spent so much time on the bench recently.

According to Sherwood “It was a typical Sam Allardyce goal,” “Ball lumped forward, win the second ball, win the scruffy next one and then it falls to Rodrigo, who will start the next game, without a doubt. “That guy [Rodrigo] came onto the pitch. He ran around, he looked effective, scores his goal and now starts the next game.

Keane reflects on first week back at ER

Twenty-One years after leaving Elland Road, Robbie Keane reflects on a crazy first week back, albeit in the capacity as coach. The 42yo is part of Sam Allardyce's backroom staff. His aim is to pass on his wealth of experience, to the players, to hopefully get them firing on all cylinders.

Speaking to LUTV, the Republic of Ireland record goal scorer said that the players are focused on what lies ahead, he's please with their efforts, and remains hopeful Leeds can stay up!

“Pleased with the spirit,” “We have watched games and when they concede goals they concede again not long afterwards, I think that was the pleasing factor. “At this stage you’re just trying to win as many games as possible. This probably wasn’t going to be the game, the games that will decide that will be the next three.

“Towards the end of the game you could see the positives, the fans were outstanding for the whole game, the way they were celebrating with the players, they’ve seen the effort they were putting in and now we need to continue that this week.

“It’s been a crazy few days. In the build-up just getting to know the personalities but it’s been a really good, positive few days. Of course we wish the outcome [against City] was a bit more but were focused now for next week and that will starts [now].”

2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all from a knackered Eire. Keane saying all the right things as you'd expect. Means nothing if players aren't up for it and good enough, I suspect they're not unfortunately. Does Sherwood criticising Bamford mean he should lose his job now. It seems it's ok for these overpaid prima donnas to collect their 70k a week plus bonuses, roll around the place feigning injury but God help anyone that might criticise the poor babies. The pl is rife with this nonsense. Don't hear many rugby players moaning if they're criticised or rolling about pretending to be injured. Then again, they're not earning ridiculous money and pampered

Last edited: May 10, 2023
  3. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Morning all.

This week's really dragging when we just need to get to Saturday and get on with it.

Fancy us to get something though :emoticon-0142-happy

4. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

A good hiding?

5. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Team for Saturday;

Robles,
    Ayling, Kristensen, Wober, Firpo
    Forshaw, McKennie, Harrison
    Summerville, Rodrigo, Gnonto

We're fooked aren't we ?

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Robles
    Ayling Koch Struijk Firpo
    Forshaw McKennie Wober
    Georginio Rodrigo Gnonto

Yeah different

7. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

Meslier​
    Koch Wober​
    Greenwood Forshaw Roca​
    Summerville Harrison Bamford Rodrigo Gnonto

Good old fashioned 2-3-5 lump the ball forward formation

Keep our 5 attackers upfield whenever we are defending a set piece for a quick break away.

We may get tonked, it won't be pretty, any one with a heart condition may wish to avoid watching the game, but it will be interesting :emoticon-0102-bigsm

8. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I agree Jammy. Can't wait till Friday and the start of a mad weekend. Mots at a confirmation early Fri, so as soon as I get back from work, it's ale all the way. The do it all again on Sat for the match via BT.....<party> Rhinos on live Fri

Jammy 07 likes this.
  9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

What a baller but we took Firpo

10. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

I just can’t see us getting anything out of Newcastle, this is like death by a thousand cuts!!

11. blonogasoven

blonogasoven Well-Known Member

Morning everyone.
    I haven't contributed for some time but I had to share my thoughts something I watched yesterday.
    It was Ted Lasso - bear with me.
    There is a scene where he is challenged by a group of fans so offers them the opportunity to watch training. His coach isn't impressed but his explanation resonated with me. He said, "this is their club, we're just borrowing it for a short time."

Players, managers and owners come and go. They may be or become fans but would they remember watching Allan Clarke's diving heading in the FA Cup final? They may have seen it subsequently but were they on the edge of their seat hoping their team would get the breakthrough.
    Did they have to endure the battle of Wembley against Sunderland where we did everything but score or the European Final that was sstolen away from us.
    Did they worry what was going to happen after we lost the Don?
    Most recently did they lay awake at night when we were 15 points adrift at the bottom of League 1 wondering whether our great club could carry on?
    These are just some of my memories. Every fan of every club will have their own.
    I could go on. You may still have nightmares about our relegations in 82 and 2004.
    There have been some incredible high points too. Many more than many other clubs can boast.
    Radz doesn't own Leeds United, he owns the business. If his choices in managing the business **** up my club then he deserves all the **** he gets.

Patrick Bamford has closed his twitter because of the abuse he's getting. I've defended Paddy but I can't any longer. Man the **** up. Don't cup your ears to the fans, get down on your knees andbeg their forgiveness because you are now taking the piss.
    If I broke my right hand I would have to learn to write left handed. He has not improved in the last 3 years so what the **** does he do in training?
    Beckham took free kick, after free kick, after free kick until he got to be as good as he could possibly be.
    Paddy, stop fkn complaining and start fkn practicing.

On the same show they try to play total football (it's a stretch) but completely fk up. One of the players says, "You're playing to me, you need to play though me"

This made me think. We don't have a player who can do that. We haven't had one since Hernandez. Of all the players that our crazy system has been screaming out for it's another Hernandez but we buy fkn wingers that can run fast.

Sorry for the rant

12. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Great post <applause><applause>

13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Things now starting to unravel behind the scenes as Radz pulls out of being interested in buying Inter Milan. He has been toying with the idea for a number of months and has even spoken to their head coach. Season before last he was almost doing the deal to buy Salernitano but the 49ers asked him to look elsewhere because of price hiking. Salernitano would have been owned by LeedsCityityFootballGroup but the Inter deal was strictly a Radz purchase for himself at a cost of £880m. That tells you that he is now expecting relegation and either the 49ers buyout to not happen or the valuation of the club reduces his profit by a couple of hundred million.

Remember the deal for the young Barcelona flying winger we had agreed to take on a freebie, well Leeds have today also pulled the plug on it

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  14. wakeybreakyheart

You spelt cuts wrong

OLOF, FORZA LEEDS, Irishshako and 4 others like this.
  15. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yeah, he probably did - but what a way to go. <laugh>

16. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Afternoon all

17. stonkin

stonkin Well-Known Member

Af'noon

ristac likes this.
  18. wakeybreakyheart

Well i failed in the ticket lottery today. There was only 5300 in front of me as well. I'm not sure if i should be happy as rads never got my money.

Irishshako likes this.
  19. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Does this mean anything
    IMG_2096.png

OLOF and Irishshako like this.
  20. wakeybreakyheart

ristac, Gessa, 2 pennth and 2 others like this.