1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 11th December)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Dec 11, 2019.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Wednesday 11th December, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Gap widens to 11 points for an automatic place, as the Whites return to the top of the Championship

Leeds moved back to the top of the Championship with two goals in the final 20 minutes sending 35,000 jubilant Leeds fans euphoric in treacherous gale force winds and the pouring rain.

The weather was not the factor that had an influence; lady luck was also shining down on Leeds.

The stalemate was broken in the 73rd minute as Ayling led a breakaway down the right flank before feeding Hernandez. The 34yo threaded a pass deep on the right hand side for Costa to latch onto and drive the ball across the penalty area where Leeds players were waiting. Unfortunately for the Tigers, Dutch centre back Jordy De Wijs turned the ball into the back of his own net whilst trying to clear it.

With eight minutes from time, Grant McCann's men must have thought they were leaving LS11 with a share of the spoils. Grosicki delivered an inswinging corner from the right which found the head of Eaves. The 6 ft 3 powerhouse had already started to celebrate when somehow the combination of Bamford and Casilla managed to claw the ball away from danger.

With the Tigers shell shocked that they hadn't scored, Klich led a breakaway. The Polish International sprinted three quarters of the way up the pitch before squaring the ball to Bamford, whose effort smashed on to the post and seemingly away from danger. The ball fell to Alioski, who drilled the ball past Long from the acutist of angles.

please log in to view this image

Post Match press conference

With an 11 point gap, will the Championship chasers invest heavily in January?

With the gap between the top two in the Championship and the play off places widening to 11 points, will this effect the spending of the fellow Championship promotion hopefuls in the January transfer window?

It has been widely expected that Nottingham Forest and Bristol City in particular are expected to strengthen significantly, but with such a big gap between the play off places and automatic promotion, will they wait until the Summer or go for broke?

What about Fulham? They won't want to lose the likes of Knockaert, Cavaleiro or Mitrovic; but without Premiership football guaranteed for next season, should they fail to go up, their squad could be decimated in the Summer.

Then we have the chasing pack of Preston, Sheffield Wednesday, Cardiff and Brentford. We all know what a lottery the play offs are. Twist or stick?

please log in to view this image

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all

Another great win in poor conditions, another local derby game out the way. The 11 point cushion is nice, we’re away to Fulham in a weeks time, if we can get something from the Cardiff game I’d take a point at Fulham.

The final 20 minutes yesterday a few players looked out on their feet, January will all depend on the price of securing a Bielsa target. The only obvious replacement would be a goal scoring version of Bamford but that’s not going to be affordable.

3. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

We are now learning to grind a result out, something we could not do last season, last night was not pretty but still 3pts in the bag.
    Still a long way to go, and there shall be twists and turns along the way.

4. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Is that 7 on the bounce now? Thats a first in my lifetime I think! Morning all <ok>

Irishshako and ellandback like this.
  5. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

good morning to Matt and co from a cool Bardsey
    As usual a really great summary Matt this morninghow long does it take you.
    Well we can only blame ourselves if we fail to get promotion now11 points cushion should be enough so long as we don 't get complacent
    We now have a first rate keeper he obviously took a time to settle lets hope Coata settles soon

ristac, ellandback and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  6. leeds60

I don't think so buc ksunless your under 22

Irishshako likes this.
  7. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Impressed with 90% of Bamford current play. Did anyone notice for the chance he hit the post with in 82nd minute, he ran length of pitch after his goal line block in 12 seconds. Phenomenal fitness and effort. How many PL strikers would do the same? Answer none. Now to his shortcoming. He's a **** finisher, end of. Cant head the ball and not even accurate from eight yards. Got me thinking, Gary ****in Monk brought in a striker coach to work with Chris Woods, James Beattie I think, but it worked wonders. I wonder is there someone out there who could find the final piece to Paddys jigsaw

8. ellandback

Forum Moderator

I heard Bucks looks like he is 22....

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  9. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Mike.

It takes about an hour in total

southernwhite likes this.
  10. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Really well said Doha

11. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

No mate we did 7 this time last year, ironically Hull ended the run.

12. leeds60

Wel Matt I always read your article when I switch on the computer

Irishshako and ellandback like this.
  13. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Thanks Elland, i think it goes without saying how we all appreciate the hard work you put in every morning in getting the thread up & running,i always read first thing in the morning even if i don't have comments or anything to say. Our board thanks to your effort and everyone who contributes is possibly the envy of all not606's.
    Keep up the good work :emoticon-0150-hands

14. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^^^^^

15. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Yeah +1 ^^^^^^^

16. lifecheshirewhite

I heard it was just that he's had 30+ 22nd birthdays.

bucks_is_leeds and Irishshako like this.
  17. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Well
    Well said that man.

18. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

<laugh>

19. Irishshako

I think Bamford is the best striker in the League................at hitting the crossbar or post...:grin:

20. Irishshako

and the punchline is<whistle>