1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 9th June)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 9, 2021.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Wednesday 9th June, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

FIFA demand Leeds pay Leipzig over JKA

Leeds have lost their legal battle with RB Leipzig over the contractual obligation to sign Jean-Kevin Augustin after the Whites won promotion at the end of the 2019-20 season.

The news that FIFA had sided with the German outfit came as no surprise. Leeds will not only have to pay the 18m transfer, but may also have to pay Leipzig's legal fee's. We can expect Radrizzani to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, but will that make any difference?

Leeds knew what they were getting themselves into when they signed Augustin! It was only afterwards when it became clear that the former PSG youngster had become a liability, that lawyers found the flimsiest grounds to try to back out of the deal!

Let's be honest, Leeds were desperate having missed out on Che Adams, and they either took the biggest gamble in football history, or they didn't do their homework! Augustin had played three games in eight months - what the hell were they thinking?

At the time, Augustin was also being linked to a move to Old Trafford, and there was obviously a lot of pressure on Leeds to 'get there man'. I can only conclude that Kev, his agent and Leipzig milked this for as much as they could!

please log in to view this image

Leeds turn attention to Ajax ace

Having agreed personal terms at St Mary's, it looks like Southampton have won the race to sign Brest left back Romain Perraud, with a fee agreed at 8.5m. The former Nice academy player had been on Leeds radar for months.

Instead, Leeds have turned their attention to Ajax defender Nicolas Tagliafico. It is believed the Dutch giants would be willing to part with the Argentin for 10m. The 28yo has 29 caps for his Country, and has been compared to Argentinian legend Javier Zanetti.

Llorente tests positive for Covid

Diego Llorente has become the second Spanish player to test positive for the coronavirus ahead of the Euro's. The Spanish federation did not say whether Busquets and Llorente would be cut from the squad, but coach Luis Enrique has already called up six plays to practice separately at the team's training camp. He has until Saturday to make any changes. One of the six players who has been drafted in, is Rodrigo!

A statement from the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) confirmed :-

"The RFEF regrets to announce that central defender Diego Llorente has tested positive in the latest PCR tests carried out this morning at the national team base at Las Rozas," "The footballer will leave tonight the concentration of the national team in a medicalised vehicle, following all the established health protocols."

Whitejock and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Whoever wrote the JKAb piece is talking shyt. The case hasnt really started yet as it was expected Fifa would side with Leipzig but knowing and accepting a huge appeal and may in the end go to law because even though the idiot who wrote the piece mentioned “flimsiest evidence” that flimsy evidence is actually the real legal and irrefutable evidence that will win in a court of law. The other mitigation is that the player was broken and is still broken therefore nobody in their right minds would shell out £20m. We may get a statement later today but this case will be settled and Leeds will not be paying a huge sum.

OLOF and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Best story today is from Swansea who reckon Leeds are trying to sign Matt Grimes. Anyone fancy having him back <laugh>

I always remember having twitter conversations with Kyle Bartleys mum, who was really proud of her son and she loved the Leeds fans and hiw they had taken to Kyle. She was always posting photos of her and her family on holiday posing with Leeds fans and doing the Leeds salute. She was funny, intelligent and good craic. Kyles teammate Grimes was taking pelters from Leeds fans for his crap performances and his mother was completely the opposite of Mrs Bartley, she came on to stick up for her son and called Leeds fans idiots, thugs, drunks and had the filthiest chav mouth ever <laugh> yes I can really see Grimes back here

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I lifted this WJ post from yesterdays brekky thread:
    Question: IF we had been forced to take Big Kev at the time, would he have had to go through ANOTHER medical for the permanent contract, or would the other medical be considered as being for the loan AND the full time contract?

Think it's obvious, sadly, but I'm having a wee pick at the scab.

I believe the answer is yes we would have had to give the player a thorough medical for insurance purposes, to cover the club. A medical for a loan player is one thing but for a full signing and for a long term contract……. Remember Michael Cuisance who we agreed to sign but he failed his medical and we refused to sign him. Cuisance was loaned out to Marseille and only really got going near the end of the season. He has since returned to his German club who are now looking to offload him. It also seems that Nantes signed Big Kev knowing/thinking he had a hamstrung injury so took this into consideration when giving him a medical, and so because he wasnt getting a long term contract and was free………. Nantes now regret signing him as he has made 34minutes as a sub and thats all and sent to the reserves as nowhere near fit enough to play.

Whitejock, Irishshako and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  5. ellandback

Forum Moderator

You callin me a **** <laugh>

6. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Carlton palmer reckons we should sign Andre Ayew on a free transfer

7. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

The Augustin saga has many legs left to it yet and sadly it could get ugly.
    Perraud as someone said in another post if we were actually chasing him I doubt he would of picked Southampton ahead of us.
    So we're we really.in for him.
    Matt Grimes well that really just shows were the transfer funny season is at.
    Grimes mother was very protective and bit very easy.
    Doc as on Bartley I also tweeted his mum and she replied quite alot. Till the day I asked for a shirt in which all the banter stopped lol.

ristac, Irishshako, Doc and 1 other person like this.
  8. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

One of Kyle's or one of his Mum's ?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  9. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

obviously his Mums mate lol
    I wanted to know what she smelt like. the next plan was asking for her knickers worn ones of course lol

10. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Were you going to wear them?

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Thanks coffee spat all over PC <laugh>

12. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

That's still too much.

2 pennth and oldschool like this.
  13. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

I love all these 'lost the race' press comments. Seems Peraud was available cheap. All things being otherwise equal, if a player goes to Southampton not Leeds, then Leeds didn't want him... just as if a player comes to Leeds not Man City, it's because Man City didn't want him.

Whitejock and Doc like this.
  14. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

No just sniff them when I'm in my bike to keep me going looool

15. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

Oooops I usually do that too but with something different lol.

16. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Or was he going to try and sell them to you for that trophy cabinet of yours? <laugh>

17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Looks like Leeds have found the replacement for young keeper Cooper Skerry who we released a couple of weeks ago, along with Mat Turner. 16yo Daryl Ombang fromBradford City Academy is supposed to be one of the most promising kids in England? leeds will be paying cash for him

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2021
    SIDDAS likes this.
  18. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Or maybe Southampton offered him a salary that Leeds felt he didn't warrant.

Man City could want the same player but maybe he'd choose Leeds instead of them because he'd get more playing time.

oldschool and Irishshako like this.
  19. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Izzy Brown has been released by Chelsea.

The 24yo was inspirational in helping Sheffield Wednesday to League 1.

Willy Caballero and Jamal Blackman, Chelsea have also released Marco van Ginkel, Izzy Brown, Danilo Pantić and Jack Wakely

ristac likes this.
  20. Old Git

Old Git Well-Known Member

wakeybreakyheart likes this.