1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Manager

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Treble, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Yeh that's when I first heard of Amorim as well. He became highly rated bcos of it but Livpl didn't go for him so I wonder if he was over egged by the press? Gasperini plays with a back 3 as well but tbf what I like is he'll go to a back 4 when needed or depending on players he brings in he changes the system. I love that. Tbh ultinately we won't go for him because I just don't think he's the right 'look' for United. He'll make a bloody good manager at a decent European club. Somewhere like Dortmund for example.

2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Personally think keep Ten Hag and keep an eye on Gasperini and Amorim for another year.

Sounds like he's a gonner later today though, if 'rumour' is to be believed.

I can't believe that has come out the night before the cup final, very helpful.

3. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

I can see us sticking with ETH.

4. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

If ETH stays, surely he wouldn’t be as bad as he has been this season if he continues with full backing. Then again, I’m not fond of his rampant excuses about injuries.

But it has to be said that his youth development has been excellent. If he’s replaced, it will be good to see more of that from the next manager and stop us wasting huge transfer fees on mercenaries.

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

There's no doubt Martinez is a fcking class CB and our defence is a shadow of what it was last season without him.

And whatever else can be said Ten Hag outclassed Pep tactically today.

I say get the entitled players out of the club, then maybe Ten Hag has a chance of succeeding.

glazerfodder likes this.
  6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I've been thinking about the situation with Ten Hag.

My feeling is he should stay bcos yesterday and against Livpl, as well as much of last season, he's shown he's tactically very good when his key players are available.

BUT I'm really not sure about him when we have injuries. And let's be honest we WILL have injuries. He's shown time and again his whole approach crumbles. I just don't have faith in him being capable enough to deal with curve balls which are an ineviteable part of the game.

Imagine he does get us challenging for the league title. Neck and neck with 1 or 2 other teams. Suddenly an injury to a CB and FB and CF... and that would be that, we'd end up 4th or some ****.

But no doubt when he has the players available, tactically he's actually pretty good. No way Ole or even Jose was setting up with a 4-2-2-2 yesterday playing with a false 9.

cytrax likes this.
  7. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

With the amount of games we play, injuries are bound to happen. Of course we had higher number of injured players than most other seasons, but there’s no reason why any team Manchester United puts out in the league should be losing 4-0 to Crystal Palace, losing at home to lower half of the league teams, etc. We effectively turned the season into snowball of shtshow even though the players are more than capable. That’s on ETH!

But I really want to believe he’s learned some lessons this season such as dropping players that are out of form no matter their status. And if he takes that into next season with this team, I believe things will work out for the better.

8. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

The elephant in the room is, regardless of media narrative and the blind eye that is always seemingly taken, City have (at least) 2 £60million+ players for every position. Built over ten years, with those not deemed Pep standard discarded and replaced quietly.

We don't!

Tan Hag has been at the club for two seasons and, even if we had spent that amount of money, it was absolutely impossible to accrue that type of squad.

Until he has, injuries hit us a **** ton harder than they do City.

Arsenal came up short and it's because they, also, haven't spent this money over a ten year period.

We've spaffed plenty money, badly, but it's been with multiple managers. We should probably support our current manager and give him the money to hopefully spend wisely, rather than start yet again

Diego likes this.
  9. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Amrabat - I would say keep as a squad player given the relatively low cost.

Diego and Treble like this.
  10. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

He's had some very good games for us overall and is prob worth the small fee.

Makemstine Roger, cytrax and Treble like this.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Last 3 games he's played really well.

Yesterday was like his world cup performance.

Squad player why not. We do have Casemiro though and McTominay. They're all squad players to an extent. We need someone of better quality to be a regular starter next to Mainoo.

Is that Mount I don't know.

Diego likes this.
  12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I think having that solid CB pairing makes a massive difference for players like Amrabat.

Shaw and Malacia coming back hopefully will help.

Maybe we need to think about where we need to fill?

CF? Hojlund + another

CB? Martinez, Maguire, Kambwala + another

RB? Wan Bissaka, Dalot

LB? Shaw, Malacia

CM? Eriksen, Mainoo, Casemiro, Mount, McTominay, Amrabat + another

AM? Bruno + either Mount or another?

Wingers? Rashford, Garnacho, Amad, Antony

Diego likes this.
  13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

That's 3 possibly 4 players tbf

14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Or do we still need a clear out? <whistle>

15. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I would add Pelistri to the wingers and Sancho to the attacking mids if him and ETH can grow up and shake hands. I don't see Mount as creative enough in the AM position.

Makemstine Roger, cytrax and Treble like this.
  16. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Me neither Diego which is why I put the question mark.

The reason why I highlighted Bruno is because without him in those 2 games we were absolute garbage. There's a bit of a hole there if he's injured. Unless we're playing a 4-4-2 of course.

Sancho? I'd forgotten about him. Can it be reconciled? Also, if Ten Hag is sacked would the next manager want him back? And will he be any good?

Pellistri another I'd forgotten about, definitely should be brought back.

Diego likes this.
  17. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

No major clear out but certainly a plan for the future.
    We all know that Casimero can only play one game per week and Eriksen should be told to stand in the centre of our half and spray the ball about so maybe long term replacements should be scouted.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  18. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Aye Casemiro and Eriksen have a season left imo although if we wanted to trim then Eriksen could be let go now.

And there's some that can fck off now - Martial, Lindelof, Varane.

Evans will go as well.

cytrax and Diego like this.
  19. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I had forgot Martial existed <laugh>

Makemstine Roger and cytrax like this.
  20. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I can't believe I'm posting this but I actually missed Fred this season <laugh>

Think we sold the wrong midfielder tbh. No way we have as **** a season with him still in the team.

Diego likes this.