1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Masters, from Augusta Georgia | Golf

Discussion in 'General Betting Board' started by redcgull, Apr 8, 2013.

1. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

He seems to have fallen out of love with the game again realb buy if anywhere cam bring tje spark back it's Magnolia lane, Goodluck with your bet.

2. SaveTheHumans

Sounds like your going to break into song stick..

3. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Good read Red. I decided a few years ago that Henrik Stenson had the game to win a major and have stuck by him through thin and slightly less thin for a few seasons. The last guy I thought had the game to win was a certain Trevor Immelman. Gave up on him after a couple of seasons at the end of 2007 and missed his victory at 125/1 at Augusta in 2008. So I'm following the swede off the cliff at 66s!

4. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

might have a lazy 20 of Adam Scott

5. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

20 on Scott, hmmmm at 25s worth a gamble

6. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Classic...<ok>

7. redcgull

Right its time to nail my colours to the mast so to speak and make my picks for this years Masters...

Adam Scott finished T8th last year and T2nd in 2011 both times finishing strongly towards the end of the tournament. He is -20 for the par 5's over the past 2 years and shot -1 for the par 4's in 2010 and -1 for the par 3's last year... He has to have a shout... 25/1...

Lee Westwood has the ability to win the big Major titles and im sure that most golf fans would be happy for him if he were to do so. He has upped sticks to live over in America with the sole purpose of cracking the 3 Majors that the Americans host, and that has to be a positive. Plus he has a strong Masters record finishing T3, T11 and 2nd in the last 3 years. He has done well on the par 4's and 3's in the past three years, to go with a combined score of -28 on the par 5's... Im giving him one more chance...28/1...

Matt Kuchar is one of the players i followed last year and he didnt let me down when winning the Players Championship with such ease. His T3rd finish last year showed his consistency when posting rounds of -1,-2,-2 and -3 for the 4 days play taking the par 4's for a total of -4 and the par 5's for -5. If he gets a bit more from the Par 5's then he will have a big chance... 35/1...

Bo Van Pelt is my last pick and im hoping that his T17th and T8th in the last 2 years can help him get around this tricky golf course. He isnt having the best of starts so far this year, but he has decnt stats for this particular course. Plus at the odds he is very much worth a gamble... 110/1...

So there we have it, i hope we all get to see a great golfing show with all the drama that we have had in the past. Will we get a European win...? Will the Tiger roar around the course for his 5th Green Jacket...? Will another Lefty win it...? All will be revealed over the nest 4 days...

Good luck to all with your predictions and bets...<cheers>

8. redcgull

Ted Potter wins the Par 3 contest at Augusta...

The curse of winning the PAR 3 contest now had become a bit of a Albatross, (pardon the pun...) for the golfers who do win it. What i will say is that Mickleson, Bo Van Pelt, Watney and Els all tied with him at the end of the 9 holes and they had a play-off... Watney and Els declined to play, Bo Van Pelt let his 2 sons have a shot, and Ted Potter took the prize away from Big Phil... Wise move by the other 3, or will Ted Potter do what no other golfer has done at the Masters before. The double of being the Par 3 winner and the Green Jacket holder by Sunday night...???

If you had him down to win this years Masters you can rip your ticket up as he wont do it...<laugh><laugh>

9. tidalbay

tidalbay Member

I am on McDowell 66/1, Oosthuizen 33/1 in each way 6 places bets - think at least one of them will go well and McDowell in particular is a huge price given his form in majors i the past couple of years and his better than ever performance in last years Masters may mean that he may be getting more comfortable with Augusta. Did a strange bet for Bill Haas to lead at the end of the day at 50/1

10. redcgull

Just a final thought on the Masters before it starts, and that is to say that i dont think for how good Tiger is playing he will win this years Green Jacket...!!!

We all know that he is one of the greatest players to have played the game, and we all know that he is a x4 Champion. Plus we all know that he is very rarely out of contention here... But...

Something niggles me that he is a bit of a golfing bully, and by that i mean that he won his first title this year at Torey Pines in the Farmers International. This is a place he has now won a staggering 8 times now... Then he won at the TPC Blue Monster in the WGC-Cadillac Championship for another astonishing 7th time... And so to onto the last of the three Tour victories he has won this year, The Arnold Palmer Invitational. And yes, youve guessed it, this was the 8th time that he has done so in his career... 77 Tour wins and 22 of them have come from 3 courses... 28%...

These golf tracks suit him. These course's have very good memories for him. And most importantly for him, he keeps winning them...

Augusta and The Masters is a wholly different thing to him now. I bet he really thinks he can win these instead of just turning up and winning on his favourite tracks at a canter. And he would be no sort of a sportsman to say he wouldn't think he could win this years Masters. I just think that we will see a different Tiger, and not the all conquering one of the past. Its easy to go against him with so many top quality golfers around all trying to win the jacket, but he got bombed out of the World Match Play by Charles Howell III and came T37th in the Honda Classic that he has never won at before...

Its hard to pick holes in a great golfer, but at 4/1 to win this years Masters i do think your wasting your money... If he dos go on to win the Green Jacket i will be the first to come back on here and say well done, and it wouldn't bother me if he did. I just have a feeling that he will find this a bit tougher than his previous wins this year...

Good luck to Tiger and all the other golfers, i think we could be in for a classic four days of golf...<cheers>

11. tidalbay

tidalbay Member

Did an acca on the following which works out at just under 150/1

Westwood, Lee @ 13/5
    Top English Player
    Oosthuizen, Louis @ 7/4
    Top South African Player
    Hanson, Peter @ 11/4
    Top Scandinavian Player
    Day, Jason @ 7/4
    Top Australian Player
    Laird, Martin @ 4/9
    Top Scottish Player

12. SaveTheHumans

Red , it's like the Tigger said though, once they establish themselves on tour they tend to play the same tournaments year after year and that is why he has won them over and over as they are the places he like's and targets every year.

Anyway's, best of luck everyone, let's hope she's a good one.

13. tidalbay

tidalbay Member

redcgull - to add to your point about Tiger, which I largely agree with. There is statistical evidence to suggest that he has become a lot less aggressive at this course than he had when he was winning. His driving average is in the region of 20 yards shorter since 2006, than it was prior to that period, which means he is leaving himself with a much longer second shot and therefore possibly costing him birdie opportunities. It will be interesting to see what he does this year. His driving off the tee is absolutely key to his chances. If he gets into good positions, we know his short game and putting is a given.

14. Bostonbob

Bostonbob Well-Known Member

Rory for me lads at 8/1 each way. Decent chunk on this.

Very large stake on Rose to win his three ball in the 1st round at 10/11 as well.

15. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

Added Colsaerts and Rickie Fowler to my bets

Keegan Bradley
    Louis Oosthuizen
    Bubba Watson
    Nicolas Colsaerts
    Rickie Fowler

goodluck everyone

16. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

Aren't you worried about his demons at Augusta? He had them all by the bollocks 2 years ago and imploded. I know he's won a couple of majors since, but I would worry that that collapse will come back to haunt him if he gets into contention :biggrin:

17. tidalbay

tidalbay Member

King shergar Rory will likely the next time he gets into contention. He has proven that umpteen times since by whallopping the field in 2 majors

18. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

Not at the masters though, that's the point im making. It would be easy for abit of dejavu to creep into his mind if he were to be in the lead :biggrin:

19. stick

stick Bumper King

Kooooooooooooocccccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

20. stick

stick Bumper King

Tianlang Guan, take a bow son. One under par round Augusta at the age of 14, absolutely gobsmackingly incredible!