1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Masters

Discussion in 'General Betting Board' started by hammersmith hoopton, Mar 7, 2012.

1. hammersmith hoopton

hammersmith hoopton Active Member

Going for a little bit of value,try these 3 each way.Lee Westwood 14/1,showed last week that if his putter runs hot he can do the business.Has come tantalisingly close to winning his first major over the last few years,this could just be his time!
    Jason Day 33/1 Came so close last year,and can hole anything on his day.Will have learnt from last years experience and expect a bold bid.
    KJ Choi 66/1 The price is a major factor,loves this course having been placed here 4 times before.Ultra consistent and blessed with a great temperament,expect another big showing. Good luck.

2. Furiousiceman

Furiousiceman Active Member

Absolutely no value whatsoever but strongly fancy Mcilroy. At a bigger price Dustin Johnson is a major winner in waiting and worth an each way punt and if he can have a week where his iron and putter back up his long game he'll win a big one.

3. hammersmith hoopton

Mcilroy could piss it,but at 11/2 like you say no value at all.Johnson should have won a major already,but he has choked in 2 or 3 of them right at the death.I don't think Augusta suits his game.Another one who could go well if his game continues to come back is Graeme McDowell,serious player,major winner and just starting to find a bit of form again.

4. Grizzly

Grizzly Active Member

Dustbin will win a major soon but I've said for two years that it's more likely to be an Open, what's he now 3 x top three (in Opens) in the last couple of years ?
    The guy is awesome in the wind.

Augusta is a horses for courses place, whoever has played well there before is likely to play well again, KJ Choi is a good shout, don't be afraid to back the likes of Olly or Couples for top 20.
    As for the winner, well I got a sneak that Tiger has come back this year with his head right and for the first time in 15years he can be backed at a sensible price.

5. hammersmith hoopton

Woods at 6/1 is still a bit skinny for me,those greens are gonna test his putting.Agreed he loves the place,but at those odds i'd rather back Mcilroy!Poor old Olly's back is well ****ed,but Couples can be expected to show up well again,as can big Phil at his favourite tournament.Would have been tipping up master Donald aswell,but his confidence looks very low at the moment for some reason!

6. stick

stick Bumper King

I am on KJ Choi too, cracking chance of placing at 66-1 and a couple of other outsiders for small bets are Bo Van Pelt (100-1) and Martin Laird (125-1).

7. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

As a golf betting 'strategy' if you will instead of trying to pick out the form players or getting my head in a muddle i just bet on 2 players regardless... Last year i went with Steve Stricker and Justin Rose in any of the golf tournaments that i decided to have a punt on and did very well out them...

This year i am going with im going with Hunter Mahan and Dustin Johnson...
    Mahan is 45/1 and Johnson is 45/1 also for the Masters...

And one more for the Masters as a outsider will be G. Ogilvy at 80/1...
    Finished 4th last year and i think can be good for a top 6 position again... Asking a lot as the top 4 in the market look very strong at the mo...

Cant wait...

8. hammersmith hoopton

Did you back Mahan to win in Houston?Only Mickelson has won that event and then won the Masters the following week!Good luck with your bets though.

9. Furiousiceman

Furiousiceman Active Member

Keegan Bradley looks a cracking each way bet. Always seems to challenge and be there or thereabouts. How much would Augusta like to see Woods and McCilroy teeing off together on Sunday though?

10. redcgull

I did back him... kerrching... Then i heard one of the commentators say that only 3 people had won a tournament the week before the Masters and then gone onto double up with the Masters... Micky being the last...

So Dusty Bin looks my pick now... Though you never know, maybe ole Hunter can hunt down back2back tournament wins...

Fingers crossed... Good luck to all who have a bet... Should be a good one again...<ok>

11. redcgull

Hunter is now 30/1...
    Dusty has gone out to 50/1...

12. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Agree with the Keegan Bradley comment, not quite sure his short game is good enough to win at Augusta though. Tiger will go close but it is ultra competitive and 4/1 is too short for me in this field along with McIlroy.

If Sergio Garcia can hole a few throughout the tournament i feel he may have a big chance of winning, excellent ball striker and usually solid off the tea, very good short game and if he can get that flat stick going could be good e/w value at 40 to 50/1 generally.

Also another i like at a price is Sang Moon-Bae, the little known Korean has really impressed early this season and i have a feeling he may have had his eye on this first major of the year a little more than most. His putting looks to be excellent, decent short game and good from the tea, if he can get his irons firing i fancy a top 6 finish and at 150 - 200/1 generally i think has to be backed.

Goodluck with all bets, let's hope it's a good week and weekend of golf that throws up a deserving winner.

13. hammersmith hoopton

Johnson's pulled out with a bad back!Looks like your relying on Hunter now.

14. hammersmith hoopton

If Keegan Bradley wins it will be a miracle,i think only 1 player has ever won on his first Augusta visit!Although having said that Day did finish 2nd on his first one last year.

15. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

Dustin has pulled out.

I have gone for Brandt Snedeker e/w at 80/1.

16. side_before_self

Justin Rose 30/1 paddy power get on it

17. stick

stick Bumper King

May have a serious bet between rounds but for an early interest I have had a few EW bets
    KJ Choi 70-1
    Bo Van Pelt 100-1
    Martin Laird 150-1

Good luck everyone

18. Mick Buxton's Allotment

Mick Buxton's Allotment Well-Known Member

Agree with side - I've backed Justin Rose at 30s. Was lucky enough to back him at 50s for WGC Cadillac. My only concern is that the Masters seems to throw up a winner who is not necessarily one of the form picks.
    My other main bet is Webb Simpson at 60s. Have also had 2 smaller bets on Oosthuizen & Van Pelt - both @ 90s.

All bets backed ew with PP/Boyle, who are paying on first 6 places.

Good luck everybody

19. redcgull

Ok, as its seems ive got my money back on Dusty Johnson pulling out of the Masters i thought id reinvest somewhere else... But who...

As 3 of the last 5 winners won their 1st Major here i will ignore any with a Major to their name... That takes the top 3 out of the market and leaves us still with a big list...

I dont like the golfers with belly putters so that eliminates Scott and Bradley...(not that i think they are illegal...<whistle>, its just that the players must have been a poor putter beforehand to make them switch to this method...

That leaves me at the head of the market with Donald, Westwood, Rose, Day and Bubba... Stricker who is next is a 50/1 shot... So anything after him needs to be playing well...

Donald and Rose have won in the US before now and know how to deal with the greens and crowd...
    Westwood just needs a bit of luck...
    Bubba will expolde... which will be fun...
    Im not a big fan of Jason Day, and he isnt exactly firing at the moment...

So im going to go with a dabble on Rose and will have another bet after the cut... There will be value somewhere and if like what happens like last year with Shwartzel, he was about 40's going into the last day, It may well pay of... That is unless Rory gets ahead again by 5 shots or so...

Good luck to all and lets hope for a great Masters...<cheers>

20. GGW

GGW Well-Known Member

I'm on Hunter Mahan 30s. Choi or Dufner to lead after the 1st round 66s and 80s and a top6 double choi 13s & cabrera 18s and a win bet on cabrera at 100s. only a tenner total staked though so not sure why i bothered!