1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The MK Dons effect

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

The team in our embarrassing annihilation at the hands of the mighty MK Dons;

• 01 de Gea - still here
    • 36 Vermijl - gone
    • 41 James - still here
    • 28 Anderson - gone (thank the living ****)
    • 06 Evans - still here
    • 38 Keane - on loan (I think?)
    • 37 Janko - who
    • 26 Kagawa - gone
    • 14 Hernández - gone
    • 19 Welbeck - gone
    • 22 Powell - gone (more or less, sadly)

Zaha was sub, also gone.

Which just goes to show, if you're ****e you can **** off. I think.

<ok>

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I think you loaned Janko out a couple days ago.....cant remember to who though.

3. UnitedinRed

UnitedinRed Well-Known Member

Janko is at Bolton.

Keane signed for Burnley.

Hope evans is next to go. Thought he would step up but hes been worse than anyone.

4. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Janko went t'other way to Kellet it turns out.

Kellet will replace Evans and has been signed instead of Hummels.

<ok>

5. Daveunited

Daveunited Well-Known Member

Is Anderson actually confirmed as gone, nothing on the clubs website or twitter.

6. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

I honestly didn't give a **** about the MK Dons match. Even when we got thrashed I thought we got what we deserved. Putting an experimental side against a physical side was asking for trouble by LVG.

Massive massive game tonite.

But he has no excuse this time.

7. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

As it should be.

Gone without a word or farewell, thieving ****er.

8. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Still not as bad as Winston Bogarde :)

Bogarde signed for Chelsea in 2000–01, after following the advice of compatriot Mario Melchiot to join him at the Premier League side.[3] He was signed when Gianluca Vialli was manager, although the latter had no idea the transfer was happening, it arguably being conducted by director of football Colin Hutchinson –[4]Emerson Thome, also a centre-back, was shipped off to Sunderland.[5] Only weeks after signing his contract, newly appointed manager Claudio Ranieri wanted the player to leave.[6]

According to Bogarde, it would be next to impossible to find a team that would offer him a contract comparable to the one he had at Chelsea: he was astounded at the salary the club had agreed on, as his value depreciated severely due to lack of first-team action, and decided to stay and honour his contract to the letter and appear for training every day, but only played very sparingly.[7] Of his contract he said, "Why should I throw fifteen million Euro away when it is already mine? At the moment I signed it was in fact my money, my contract." In the end, he only appeared eleven times during his four-year contract, reportedly earning £40,000 a week during this period.[8][9][10]

After playing as a substitute against Ipswich Town on Boxing Day in 2000,[11] Bogarde only made one more appearance for Chelsea's main squad before his contract expired in July 2004; it was also made from the bench, against Gillingham for the season's League Cup on 6 November 2002.[12]

During his period at Chelsea, the club attempted to sell Bogarde due to his large salary, and demoted him to the reserve and youth teams in an effort to force him to leave. In response to press criticism, he responded: 'This world is about money, so when you are offered those millions you take them. Few people will ever earn so many. I am one of the few fortunates who do. I may be one of the worst buys in the history of the Premiership but I don't care.'[13]

On 8 November 2005 Bogarde announced his retirement from professional football, having failed to reach an agreement with a club since leaving Chelsea.

9. UnitedinRed

UnitedinRed Well-Known Member

Chelsea legend.

City currently have this problem.

10. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Indeed, the very definition of the word mercenary.
    I can see where he is coming from to a degree, but anyone with an ounce of self respect would want to earn that type of salary by proving they can do it on the pitch, he obviously held little faith in his own ability if he thought it would be impossible to get 40k a week elsewhere.

11. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

It was a strange one that as he was a Dutch international wasn't he.

Part of the Ajax CL winners squad that included Davids, Seedorf, Kluivert, van Bronkhorst etc.

I could be wrong though but I think he was?

12. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Yup:
    Ajax
    Weird guy, plays for a title and CL winning Ajax side then just spends the last 5 years of his career sitting in a youth team doing **** all.
    You telling me he couldn't have gotten another decent contract with a record like that?

13. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Maybe not as good or for as long.

He made a call, to sit on his arse and take the cash then retire. Some would call that shrewd I suppose.

He makes Anderson look career driven to be fair.

14. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

He could have gone to another club with Chelsea topping up his salary so that he didn't lose out financially. If he were motivated to play, then it will have been win win all round. But he wanted to have the kudos of being a player of a top premiership but rotting in the reserves. Incredible.

That is why you can destroy someone by paying him too much too quickly. The hunger and drive goes. The RS have many players like that too.

15. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Its this bit I like at the end as well:

"On 8 November 2005 Bogarde announced his retirement from professional football, having failed to reach an agreement with a club since leaving Chelsea"

Too damn right, who the **** is going to sign you now you ****ing asshat. You have played 10 games of football in 5 years and showed that you have no drive, no ambition, no self respect and no belief in your own abilities as a footballer, so why the **** should anyone else believe in you and offer you a contract?

16. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

And utd don't pay their youngsters?, I suppose they play for free.

17. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Didn't really play for them - he was a squad player and nothing more. He only played in the CL for Ajax once, and I don't think that was in the season they won it. Got a medal for sitting on the bench for the final due to other players being injured having not been selected for any other games. The Dutch equivalent of Jonathan Greening.

Chelsea signed him just after he turned 30, and told him they wanted shot of him a few weeks later. He was a free transfer, so you'd have to assume Chelsea would have accepted any offer they received for him by default. Ergo he was never offered another contract that even compared to what Chelsea threw at him.

Imo the fault with Bogarde is entirely Chelsea's. Six month's after Utd signed Roy Keane to a then English record contract of £50,000 a week, you paid 80% of that amount to a 30 year old journeyman squad player, who had played barely 150 games in ten years as a professional. He was always going to milk that for all it was worth, given he was worth probably a quarter of that.

It's all well and good to talk about him being a mercenary, but can you honestly say you would give up a guaranteed £8 million when you knew you weren't worth that much, you were past your best, and you would probably never get another chance to play for a big club again?

18. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I've read that now four times just to make sure but is that what he said?

19. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

"That is why you can destroy someone by paying him too much too quickly. The hunger and drive goes. The RS have many players like that too."

We have to pay our youngsters the going rate, Sterling is bound to get more when he negotiates his new contract than the 30k he's on now or he'll be off, Januzaj got a 30k a week contract last season?

And if Utd would have given Moyes another season he'd have played every game this season more than likely, but he now finds his chances limited at the club and from what I've seen of him the enthusiasm the kid had last season has gone.

20. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

United also massively over pay our young players.

Anderson, Zaha, Powell to name but three mentioned at the start. All promising, not one reached their potential and all no doubt had their ambition killed by having too much too young.

All clubs do it.