1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The next eight day's

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by lamby, Apr 15, 2012.

1. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

Thought I would start a thread where we can all documents our thoughts and feelings between now and the West Ham match at Leicester next Monday.

Must admit I was very down yesterday but lot's of red wine last night (and paracetamol this morning!!) has helped and I'm feeling much more positive now.We have played well in the last three games and if we maintain that we will win at least two of our last three and that should be enough. I would love to be going to Posh but can't. 4000 Saints fans will make it seem like a home game and as Nigel said at Palace it gives the players a huge lift!

How are the est of you feeling?

2. gomarchingin

gomarchingin New Member

Not confident , Boro on the Saturday us going to be very difficult for a result , West Ham I think will win their last 3 matches .

3. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

If West Ham win their last 3 matches, won't do them any good if we win 2 and draw 1, and possibly if we just win 2 and lose 1...depending on GD. I'm as worried as the rest of you but it is still in our own hands.

4. gomarchingin

gomarchingin New Member

I think we will slip up , that's just my opinion mind , those defensive balls ups on Friday are still in my mind , I have no faith in our defence .

5. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

Well we can throw in the towel now or we can come out fighting.

Personally I think we played very well against Reading and our Friends from the East but it was their keepers who saved them.

We must now fight for the right to play in the PL next season. If we slip up then we will get exactly what we deserve.

If we succeed then we will be heroes.

I am with the heroes.

6. gomarchingin

gomarchingin New Member

I am with neither , I side with realism , as it stands west ham are on the up and we are on the slide at the wrong time , if we fail we will in no way go up through the play offs , not a chance .

7. fran-MLs little camera

Reading were good enough to take advantage of defensive lapses and had a plan to do so...well done to their manager. We have won a lot of games and kept 17 clean sheets...that should tell us that our defence is capable of handling most teams.

8. lamby

Exactly. Any side can beat anyone in this league. We have shown for 43 games we are top 2. Just need to do it on 3 more occasions!

9. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

You should go to the negativity corner.

10. lamby

He already has! I'm going to stay on this one.

11. fran-MLs little camera

Now I have parked my negativity in the negative thread...we will win next three games by 4 or 5 goals...and take the title at a canter as Reading and West Ham will lose all theirs. Do you think it was my negative side that had all the brains?:laugh:

12. lamby

Godders and Gomarching will get clamped in the negativity thread if they are not careful!

13. bristolsaint

bristolsaint Member

Gomarchingin sounds like I felt as the 3rd Reading goal went in. I have deliberately left it a couple of days before commenting in order to let the negativaty go.

It's Sunday morning. I've had breakfast and coffee and I feel good. No hangover. Watching "Goals on Sunday" Manu Petit looking like a biker.

We lost. I'm gutted. We are 2nd with 3 games left. Who would have even dreamt that at the start of the season. It's year 3 of the 5 year plan and we are so far ahead of schedule it is almost unbelievable.

What West Ham and Reading do is one (or two) of Nigel's "uncontrollables".

Of course I want promotion. I want us to win the league: we have never done that it my time supporting Saints (1965). A win in the play off final at Wembley wouldn't be all that bad. I hope. I dream. I want this so much it's almost unreal, but I have been through so much as a saints fan that I know there is drama yet to come.

To those who can get to the games, sing up for the Saints. I will be with you in spirit.

To all of you, keep the faith.

COYS

14. lamby

Top post Bristol Saint!

15. Osvaldorama

Osvaldorama Well-Known Member

This is what seperates the men from the boys.

We are going up.

Red Army! Together as one.

16. gomarchingin

gomarchingin New Member

If you said at the start of the season about this position of course I would of taken it , who would not , what the table does not say is west ham have just halved the gd by spanking another team 6-0 and us losing at home to the now league leaders , it also does not say about our run in either .

17. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

The fact is if West Ham were offered now to swap positions with us (just lost to Reading, sitting in 2nd 3 points ahead of a team who just won 6-0 with a 3 goal better GD with 3 games to play) they would 100% take it. It is in our own hands, and based on how we've played throughout the season there is no reason why we can't win all three remaining games.

The other thing people are talking about is the run in? I think West Ham's is a lot harder than us. Away at Bristol City on Tuesday, a team who seem to have hit some form beating Forest away and Cov at home before going to Brum and going 2-0 up and getting a point. City still need 1 more win to 100% guarantee survival and I can see it being a hard game for West Ham. Then Leicester away, who on their day will be too much for anyone in this league, and Leicester may be well up for it as it is the 2 pre season favourites going head to head and Leicester may want to prove that they can beat West Ham as the season hasn't panned out for them. And finally Hull, ok, I'm pretty sure West Ham will beat Hull. But on the same weekend we have Coventry at home who could already be down by then.

I wasn't too bothered about the result yesterday as I was pretty sure that West Ham would beat Brighton as Brighton are ****. Obviously the scoreline annoyed me, but thats football and its still in our hands, if we don't go up automatically it will be all our own doing, we couldn't ask for much more.

18. saintkeef

saintkeef Active Member

:laugh:The thing is being a Saints fan was never for the faint hearted and that won't change! If it all comes down to the Coventry match (which looks likely) it could depend on whether Cov need a point to stay up or not. That said if we can keep that GD in our favour over West Ham can't see us missing 2nd place. A Wembley final might be good for club's coffers but bad for my heart. HAVE FAITH COYR.

19. lamby

If you listen to the doom merchants on here we would never even get to the final. One game at a time, tick off each win, come 10pm on Monday week we will all be celebrating!

20. RickieLambertsGoldenBoot

RickieLambertsGoldenBoot Well-Known Member

But if we win on Tuesday all will be forgotten!

Positive thinking!!