1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Official Match Thread: Liverpool Vs Arsenal. (Premier League)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by luvgonzo, Sep 1, 2012.

?

Who will win Sunday's game between Liverpool & Arsenal?

1. Liverpool Victory.

2. Draw.

3. Arsenal Victory.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

You forgot about courage, but ya close enough. <ok>

I think we can and will win this one, not sure why but just think they don't have it going their way either. Just hope we don't shoot ourselves in the foot.

2. Highland Gunner

Morning Liverpool fans! Looking forward to the game today it's always entertaining when we play you guys. Be interesting to see what happens here, as you have mentioned our defence seems much more organised these days. At the very least its going to be a joy not to have to play against a negative setup team like stoke or Sunderland with a park the bus mentality.

Nuri sahin looks to be a shrewd but of business for you guys in sure he will do well for you ( hopefully not too well tomorrow!) anyway best of luck hope it's a cracker

3. gaf 71

gaf 71 Well-Known Member

Nice thread Chris and Luv! I'm waiting for my mate to pick me up to start our long journey to Anfield from Devon. Hoping to see Sahin and Assiadi today, and hopefully Arsenal continue their goal scoring form!

4. gent

gent Well-Known Member

Hello.

I think this will be our most likely formation:

please log in to view this image

Our defense is looking unusually organized, and I'm hoping that will mean we won't concede in the first half. I went for Liverpool 1 - 2 Arsenal, in our prediction thread.

I think this will be one of those rare games where Walcott can shine, as he'll have a lot more space to get behind the defenders.

5. Flappy Flanagan (JK)

Flappy Flanagan (JK) Well-Known Member

We could do with Lucas to cage up Cazorla. But I feel Allen will cope just fine.

Our strikers need to avoid being tackled or falling over at all costs.

6. Diadora Barnes storm

2-1 Liverpool, if those are the fullbacks today Id like to see Suarez on Gibbs like white on rice.

7. gent

gent Well-Known Member

Yep, Sagna is not available for RB, and Santos will probably be judged to be too slow for this game on LB.

8. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Hate the early kick off games! Just hope we can get 3 points.

9. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Liverpool have won just one of the last 10 league meetings between the two sides, although six of those ended in draws (W1, D6, L3).
    The Reds are one short of 250 league goals against the Gunners.
    The last seven league encounters have produced seven goals scored in the 90th minute or later.

Liverpool
    The Reds have won one of their last six league games at Anfield (W1, D2, L3), with their only victory coming against Chelsea.
    The last time Liverpool failed to win at least one of their opening three Premier League games was in 2003.
    If they lose on Sunday it will be their worst start to a league season since the 1962-63 campaign, when they took one point from their first three games.

Arsenal
    The Gunners are only the third team to begin a Premier League season with back-to-back goalless draws.
    The other two sides (Chelsea in 1995-96 and Derby in 1998-99) both scored in their third outing, so Arsenal will make Premier League history if they are involved in another stalemate.
    The last time the Gunners drew three successive league games 0-0 was between January and February 2009, when they were involved in four successive goalless draws.
    Arsene Wenger's side have drawn five of their last six league games (W1, D5).
    Arsenal have allowed the opposition just 10 shots at goal so far this season, fewer than any other Premier League side.

10. Diadora Barnes storm

Suarez needs to bring his shooting boots !

11. terrifictraore

terrifictraore Well-Known Member

Suarez should be out wide anyway to give borini a proper strikers role in the middle.

12. Flappy Flanagan (JK)

Flappy Flanagan (JK) Well-Known Member

This.

Or we could try this idea:

---Defence Picks Itself----
    -----------Allen-----------
    --Shelvey--------Sahin----
    ----------Gerrard---------
    -Suarez-----------Sterling-

Gerrard is our best finisher.

13. The artist JerryChristmas

The artist JerryChristmas "Massive old member"

In a week of total **** ups at LFC...now we can't even get the match thread right <laugh> I blame Ian Ayre...no wait...it's Kennys fault...or is it H&Gs???

Will undoubtedly be an interesting game and I'm expecting Arsenal to come and park the bus like they did against Stoke <whistle> I'm going for 1-1 with a Sahin goal, Suarez to hit the post as often as he hits the deck and Arsenal to score from either a terrible refereeing decision or a total blunder.

14. terrifictraore

terrifictraore Well-Known Member

Know what you are saying but feel that leaves to big a role for gerrard to cover. You need a central striker to at least occupy their CB's and gerrard wont be there as he likes to arrive late and burst through.

15. Sir Kenny Dalglish

Sir Kenny Dalglish Well-Known Member

Would it not be better to bring Sahin on as a sub and start Shelvey?

16. The artist JerryChristmas

The artist JerryChristmas "Massive old member"

That deopends if we get the Shelvey from the first leg of the Hearts game or the Shelvey from last Sunday. Seeing as we've only got Sahin for a year we might as well use him as much as possible. Plus the fact that the Goons were so close to signing him means he may well be fired up for this one.

17. Foredeckdave

Foredeckdave Music Thread Manager

Well, for whatever reasons (and we'll never know the truth of why), we and all of our opponents are now in what can be called the Popeye situation - "I am what I am and that's all that I am. I'm Popeye the sailor man". So, in truth the season starts here.

Whatever our side, this was always going to be one of our major tests of the season. I hope that we can show the application that we showed against City. If we do that I trust that we do have enough quality in our attacking play to unhinge what still is a defence that has questioned to be asked about it.

Anyway YNWA.

18. CCC

CCC Poet Laureate

Should be an interesting match up today. Both teams historically noted for their passing game and the fixture has a recent history of both goals and draws, which one reason I've predicted this ending in stalemate. However, I'm going to go for a 0-0, as I think it's bound to happen sooner or later in this fixture. Arsenal looked solid at the back in their last matches and our defense and keeper are possibly (usually) the most reliable part of our team which suggests there may be no goals here. Also, I think both teams will have problems scoring. Following the loan move of Carroll, unless Suarez scores for us or Borini opens his account then, possibly Gerrard aside, we have no other reliable scorer. Arsenal, after losing RVP, also may have problems scoring due to their new forward line needing time to gel. Personally, I'd love to see some of our new signings in this match at some point, possibly with Sahin starting and Assaidi coming on for Sterling later in the game. With all the transfer shenanigans, I've a feeling Walcott and Sahin will both want to make an impression on their opponents today. All in all, I'm expecting a good game, but I still think a draw seems inevitable. Hopefully another 4-4 thriller and not the 0-0 I've predicted. That being said, I'd love a win! <ok>

19. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Well-Known Member

Really want a win today, can't be three matches in with 1-2 points! Don't want idiots to be questioning Rodgers this early.

In other news, Sir Alex will take charge of his 1000th premier league match today. Have to grudgingly credit that.

20. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

I agree, but we really can't go into the international break with 1 or 2 points.