1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Open 2013

Discussion in 'General Betting Board' started by Smokin Beau, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

I'm sure Red is currently penning a great article so i will keep my thoughts short & sweet

Having churned out a 50/1 and a 33/1 in the past 3 tournaments i feel a bit of pressure this week, however it is such a difficult tournament to predict that anything could happen. That said, I'm kinda free rolling off the Spieth profit so any return il be very happy with!

Jordan Spieth 150/1 (£2.50 e/w) - I said a win was around the corner a few weeks ago and was repayed nicely last week on Jordan. Not such how much Links golf he has played but with the immense natural talent he possesses i can see him having a good week. Could so easily outplay those odds.

Geoff Ogilvy 150/1 (£5 e/w) - Geoff has either missed the cut or ended up very close to the winners spot in the Open with a 5th and 9th place in '05 and '12, with plent of MC wedged in between. Plays the more difficult course well and may feature at a big price.

Billy Horshel 110/1 (£3 e/w) - Had a fantastic season, and form travels well into majors. Big price for someone who strikes the ball so well and plays with a passion!

Keegan Bradley 100/1 (£3 e/w) - Kind of contradicting myself now as Keegan hasn't been in the best of form, but he's a player i follow closely and i have a feeling that 4 consecutive good rounds are not far away.

Bubba Watson 80/1 (£3 e/w) - The ability to play the ball both ways is essential at Muirfield. bubba can do with in abundance. A major winner already; im hoping he can add another!

Nicolas Colsaerts 66/1 (£5 e/w) - A late pick into my books after reading a live blog of practice day and reading that he played his 2nd into a par 5 with a 8i!! If you can score well on the Par 5's this week, you hold a good chance of being there come Sunday afternoon!

Goodluck all who play!

2. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Going to be a week where accuracy with irons is more important than ever. Cant wait for this one.

Short and sweet from the phone.

Ernie Els 33/1 won here before , won last year will be on the premises again with exquisite iron play.

Richard Sterne 100/1 potential to land a Major and in good form lately, hopefully he can keep up the South Africans good run in this.

Tiger Woods 10/1 no explanantion needed just a nice double figure price and had a tenner at 10's just incase.

Goodluck Smokin not that you need it lately ..and goodluck all having a go this week.

3. stick

stick Bumper King

With all the offers of, 7 places etc, it would have been rude not to have had a dabble. Stupidly I have a match arranged for 11.00 am on Sunday, hope we can finish them off early!
    My three punts against the field are Brandt Snedeker (40-1) Keegan Bradley (100-1) and Branden Grace (66-1).

4. YouCanCallMeJeff

YouCanCallMeJeff Active Member

Anyone seen Red?

I've plumped for: Kaymer @ 60/1, Mahan @ 80/1, Colsaerts @ 66/1, Karlsson @ 200/1

PP market paying 7 still open for next 15 mins.

5. YouCanCallMeJeff

The one bloody time I don't back Zach Johnson! <grr>

6. YouCanCallMeJeff

How does Colsaerts manage to hit a 9 on a par 4??!

7. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Just a quick note to you all that ive just had an absolute nightmare this last week or so, that is why ive been missing... Nothing to worry about but my time has been took up with other things than posting on here...:emoticon-0101-sadsm

Damn shame as i had got a good thread lined up for the Open, but i just didnt have the time to do anything about it...

Keep up the good work and i will be back soon. Hopefully before the next golf tournament...

Cheers lads...<cheers>

8. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

ps - I did have a good write up on taking Zach Johnson a big hold here, but alas i didnt make the bet... Well, actually i havnt had a bet on any of em...

Nevermind... always the next one...

9. stick

stick Bumper King

All three made the cut without really giving me agreat run for my money. SNEDEKER will be kicking himself I reckon, a three hole disaster on Friday Bogey, bogey, triple bogey cost him a really good finish! He played the links really well and I for one will be watching for him next time.

Well done Lefty