1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Open Championships - Royal Lytham & St Anne's 19th-22nd July

Discussion in 'General Betting Board' started by YouCanCallMeJeff, Jul 17, 2012.

1. MickDoonan

MickDoonan Member

The Belgian Nicholas colsearts is huge value at 75/1

2. Galaxy

Galaxy Member

Ah ima really lookin farwar ta this tamara

DUSTIN JOHNSON 55/1

NICK WATNEY 129/1

MARTIN KAYMER 45/1

JOB DONE!!

3. Jim The Tim

Jim The Tim Member

My fancies are
    Nick Watney 50/1
    Peter Hanson 100/1
    Jim Furyk 50/1
    Simon Dyson 125/1

Where did you get 129/1 On Nick Watney

£1 E/W. On them all

Good luck to everyone <party>

4. Galaxy

Galaxy Member

Where did you get 129/1 On Nick Watney ? Betfair me auld pal :)

5. chesneywold

chesneywold Member

I loves a golf bet me. Better put these up tonight cos my fancy john huh is off at 6.53 tomorrow morn. Also backed mahan, fowler, oosthuizen, jacobson and branden grace.

Lets hope one of us gets it right!

6. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Just thought i would list the players that the forum has tipped and to be honest if we don't get the winner from this lot i'd be surprised...!!!

H. Mahon - Chesneywold, Redcgull
    R. Fowler - Chesneywold, Redcgull
    L. Oosthuizen - Chesneywold, Grizzly, Smokin Beau
    F. Jocobsen - Chesneywold
    B. Grace - Chesneywold, Grizzly
    N, Watney - JimtheTim, Weloveyourtips
    P. Hanson - JimtheTim
    J. Furyk - JimtheTim, Hammersmith Hooton
    S. Dyson - JimtheTim
    D. Johnson - Weloveyourtips, Redcgull, Grizzly
    M. Kaymer - Weloveyourtips
    Z. Johnson - The Iceman, YoucancallmeJeff, Brough Tiger
    G. MacDowell - YoucancallmeJeff, Redcgull, Tamerlo, Hammersmith Hooton
    L. Donald - YoucancallmeJeff
    P. Harrington - Ste Doran, King Shergar
    J. Rose - Ste Doran, Redcgull
    H. Mahon - Redcgull
    B. Curtis - Grizzly
    T. Aiken - Grizzly
    G. Coetzee - Grizzly
    K. Bradley - Smokin Beau
    G/ Ogilvy - Smokin Beau
    N. Colsaerts - Smokin Beau, Mick Doonan
    C. Shwartzel - Smokin Beau, Hamersmith Hooton
    R. Karlsson - Hammersmith Hooton
    KJ. Choi - Hammersmith Hooton

The only thing i will say is that no one has picked Woods, Westwood, Rory or Mickelson... Just about everybody else has been picked...!!!

Good luck to all, and lets hope for a good championships...<cheers>

7. redcgull

If you go onto the leaderboard link on the first post i have linked all the players selected so that you can see how they are doing relative to all the others...<ok>

8. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

You missed my main bet, geoff ogilvy off that list

although come sunday thats probably a good thing haha

9. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

Forget sunday, make that Friday - just in from work and seen he is +3...oops

although bradley, colsaerts and to a lesser degree schwartzel all doing ok

10. redcgull

Sorry Smokin... Will add him to the list...<ok>

11. MickDoonan

MickDoonan Member

Colsearts with a brilliant start pretty happy with my only selection

12. hammersmith hoopton

hammersmith hoopton Active Member

What the **** happened to Karlsson,did he pull out?

13. YouCanCallMeJeff

YouCanCallMeJeff Active Member

Pulled out. Had some sort of mental break down during practice yesterday apparently

14. redcgull

He was suffering with the yips on the practice range. Apparently he couldn't pull his swing back further than half way...!!! Just like Kevin Na at the Players this year, Na could get his swing to the top but couldn't release it, Karlsson couldn't get the club above his head so withdrew to leave this years Open...

I feel for him as it must be a nightmare for the bloke...

15. harryhood67

harryhood67 Well-Known Member

Karlsson has never been the same player since his eye injuries . It's amazing how these pros recover from the yips ,, Langer , Garcia and Na , no doubt Karlsson will get over this as well .

16. Tamerlo

Tamerlo Well-Known Member

After two days of The Open, a common pattern is taking shape with our main hopes...
    Weary Westwood floundering again under emotive media and public pressure.
    In-and-out McIlroy riding his luck- he could have been long gone but for fortuitous results from early errant drives. He may bounce back but he's too much to do.
    Donald's an outside chance but two under and worse need a low score today- the leaders have distanced themselves and they won't all come back to the field.
    As expected, McDowell's showing his grit and will fight to the end, but overall the world rankings belie our true merit when it comes to Majors.
    In actual fact, the form book is pointing the way- Dufner, Woods, Kuchar-all have top form in their last five outings.
    Like Woods, Adam Scott is plotting his way round the course, no doubt aided by Stevie Williams' expertise.
    Many will expect Brandt Snedeker to fold but you don't know with US players in The Open- they've had many surprise winners.
    However, at the end of day three, I'd expect Woods, Scott, Kuchar, Dufner, and McDowell to be at the top- Snedeker maybe. I can't see anyone but McDowell providing a possible European victory.
    Observations from day two..
    Some of Wayne Grady's comments are classic (and stupid)..
    1." I don't think Woods should be allowed to use an iron off the tee all the time.You should have to use your driver on so many holes.I can't wait for the wind to blow."
    What pathetic jealousy towards Woods- who hit his two iron 300 yards down the 6th and was 20-30 yards past Garcia's driver.
    2. When a ball bounced over one bunker into the next, Grady classed that as "very fortunate." You're a joker, Wayne.
    3. Garcia. Every since he declared how he was going to beat Woods in a Major in the US all those years ago, Woods has had the "indian sign" on him. Looking at Garcia's demeanour and facial expressions yesterday, he looks ready to 'top himself.' He should take a break from the game.
    4. BBC's coverage is deteriorating badly... On many occasions, no caption of player's name and score when he's taking his shot; no reference to other player's scores, even when they're walking off eighteen; they keep leaving the coverage of an important shot to show (CBS style) an inane shot of the practice putting green- or McIlroy having post-round coaching lessons; useless and unrequired Maureen McDill who can't read a putt. They need more people "on the course"- they should call in some "weather forecasters"- they have about ten million of them!

17. redcgull

Well we havnt had the winds or bad weather expected and its glorious outside today, ( i only live about 10-12 miles away as the crow flies from Lytham...) so the scoring can continue to go lower and lower...

It seems that the Brit-Pack have all but given up the ghost when it comes to our Open as Westwood, Rose and Poulter havnt hit the top 10 all week. Donald is holding on by the skin of his teeth but he looks to be struggling with his driving and approach shots, again...!!!

As for the other contenders Tiger is playing very much within himself and seems to be sticking to his strategy very well... Snedeker has no concerns about where he finishes so he may relax and shoot another sub par round that may take him away from the rest again. Adam Scott has holed some monster putts to keep him at the top and although is solid tee to green i do think it will be his putting that will let him down. G-Mac looks to be struggling but always seems to get his par, that run cant keep going can it...?

I have to be honest i know nowt about Olesen who has come from nowhere really... Im not a big fan of Paul Lawrie but he has put himself in a great position... With Matt Kuchar and Jason Dufner next in the list i wouldnt put it past one of these to shoot a good round today and get closer to the top of the leaderboard...

All in all its been a good championship and we still have a long way to go yet... G-Mac was my bet before the start so i hope he can shoot low today, but the field are going to do well to catch the top 2...<cheers>

18. YouCanCallMeJeff

YouCanCallMeJeff Active Member

Not seen too much of the coverage, I've been following it on the old wireless. Hopefully get to watch some today, if I hear Clare Balding commentating on golf again I think I may cry

19. redcgull

So to the last day of the Open and we have a very clear leader in Adam Scott. It will be hard to peg him back but if anyone can then the two players lining up behind him G-Mac and Tiger are them players...

Got to say that Scott has played very well, holed some monster putts but the one thing he has done better than any other player is score heavily on the par 5's. His current stat of -5 for the par 5's is 4shots better than Tiger, 3 shots better than G-Mac and here lies the truth behind his lead. The fact that Tiger is only -1 shows us that the ploy, or game plan he has for the course, dosnt work on the longer holes. Adam Scott has nailed his driver all week and has probably been the most accurate with it also, and it shows with his 4 shot lead. If the wind gets up, which they have said it will today, then we shall see if he has the mental strength to carry on with his driver. Its the same for all the players to have to handle the wind but i do think that Scott is more susceptible to it than G-Mac or Tiger.

Of the others i do think Sned's, as Sir Nick was calling him yesterday <doh>, will fall backwards... Zach Johnson has yo-yo'ed his way around and might not be able to peg the gap back... The Big Easy, Ernie Els, has surprised me but i still think that he will put one bad round in, and after his 67,70,68 for the last 3 rounds then i suppose today is the day he will do it...!!!

With only 17 players currently stood on a score under par i think it shows that the course management of this years Open have got it spot on. Even with conditions being less than expected for a links course, the people at Lytham-St. Annes should be applauded...

All to play for today, i hope G-Mac wins from a money perspective, but otherwise lets hope for a great days play...<cheers>

20. harryhood67

harryhood67 Well-Known Member

Another fantastic open , drama at its best . I had a fiver on Scott at 45 luckily I realised Els was the danger and made money on him down the stretch .Will take Adam a long time to get over the 4 finishing bogeys , why didn't he hit driver down the last the same as Els did ??? Roll on Muirfield .