1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tips / Bets The Open

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Chief, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

I've no idea about that Chief. I think he holds the club record on the main course at John O' Gaunt (we have 2 courses), but don't hold me to that. I just know that it was Lee who coached him when he was a kid.

I know he's a member at Woburn and Lee may have been coaching him over there.

I think he's played a few pro-am's at JOG, as a courtesy to Lee and everybody rates him as just a guy who's done good!

He comes across that way anyway.

I wouldn't judge him any other way.

Except when it comes to the Ryder Cup!

2. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

I wasn't having a pop mate.

Can't think of a footballer, rugby player, hockey player, cricket player, or anyone else, I dislike. Unless he's a mag obviously <laugh>

I liked Shearer and Gazza, I guess that makes me a bad mackem, but hey ho, I could always differentiate between life and sport.

3. Stan

Stan Stalker

What first brought Poulter to my attention as a bit of a tool was this...

--

Ian Poulter has stunned his fellow pros by claiming when he plays to his full potential "it will be just me and Tiger" at the top of world golf.

The Woburn-based star, 32, has never been short of confidence but he has not won a Major or a US Tour event and failed to get on the last Ryder Cup team.

But the World No.22 - the fourth ranked Englishman - reckons only himself and Woods will soon be competing for the big titles in the game.

"I just don't rate anyone else," he told Golf World magazine. "I really respect everyone who is a professional golfer. But I know I haven't played to my full potential yet. And, when that happens, it will just be me and Tiger."

--

I thought the comment "I just don't rate anyone else" was incredibly disrespectful to his fellow pros, despite the "I really respect all those players I don't rate" crap drop! It was beyond confidence and he was too old to be forgiven for naiivity.

Then I met one of the world's great twats and found out he was big pals with Poulter. There was never really any going back after that!

Irrational, I know.

4. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Helps to have a bit of over confidence as a golfer, as a sport it can wreck your head.
    This weekend is perfect proof he will never live up to those words those though.

Patrick Reed has said similar and he's also not lived up to it, yet.

5. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

^^^^ THIS

6. The Ginger Marks

So many players had perfectly good walks ruined by a small white ball.