*** The pilgrimage Bar***

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by WestCountrylalala, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Did you go to the match Plym?

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No I didn't.....my son and grandson had thought about it....but they've been rather busy with a new puppy....very young and needing a lot of attention training wise at still only eleven weeks old....so it never materialized....and I wasn't going by myself.....Bromley somehow had 17,000 so called fans their.....Brackley had very few.
    The penalty shoot out was down the Brackley end....so most of the spectators were half a stadium away.

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm having a glass or two this evening even though it's a Monday. I did a favour for a neighbour today and then got some news after the event. There is a chap a couple of doors away who recently lost his wife very suddenly. Nice lady and very sad as we got on well with her. He had an accident a few years ago and has some trouble doing physical stuff on his own so I said I'd sort out his grass for him when I cut mine. Went to his house and cut the grass and did a bit of weeding around the flower bed for him which is something his missus used to do. Finished off and he popped out for a chat. Told me he had sold the house and would be moving very soon. Wish he had said before I did the garden as I would have not bothered and left it to the incoming. I'm sure the new people will be very grateful.................

4. Greenarmyjoe

Sensible, could you pop out a give my lawn a cut , front and back, also some weeds need removing and the drive could do with a sweep, seeing you are at a loose end now there is no football.. It would be appreciated to help a poor working man :eek:

<rose>

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

The word "feck" and "off" spring to mind......................

6. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Cutting your neighbours grass is a good idea sensible.....when the new people move in they'll know exactly where to come to get a repeat at regular intervals.

7. Greenarmyjoe

you need to keep on top of that lawn now sensible,

8. Greenarmyjoe

You could do the parks and road sides also, as they are a total mess. I saw 4 council gardners today working near us, all stood up watching one on a mower for over an hour, then they go for lunch after. We are paying for those moorons. If my lads turned up with the length hair some of them have they would be going home. What a state.. They could do with a strimmer on their heads and beards.. <yikes>
    :afro:

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

That's the women gardeners Joe..................

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I decided to paint the back fence today. It's on top of a boundary wall so got the step ladder out, got the paint stuff out and the brushes (I have two as I'm very professional). Stirred the paint stuff into a nice texture and then it fecking rained. Put the paint stuff away and the brushes and ladder and went inside. It stopped raining. Bollox I thought I'm gonna have to try again. Got the lot out again and started slapping it on liberally. Did about 6 foot of fence and..........................yep it started raining again. Oh bollox I thought as I put everything back in the shed this isn't working very well. No sooner was the lock turned in the shed door and......................it stopped bloody raining again. I thought this isn't going to catch me out like that so I waited 15 minutes after it stopped before I got the stuff out once more. It was going well and I was half way along the fence before it bleddy rained again.

Now, by this time I was getting well and truly pee'd off. I had been waiting for it to rain for days and days to sort the plants and grass out but it refused to do it. Because I now wanted to paint the fence it didn't know whether to do it or not do it. The rain wasn't even hard enough to damp the ground anyway but enough to interfere with painting. I started doing this about 1pm. I finished painting having completed the job at around 7.15pm. I got the stuff out and put it away again at least 8 times during that period. I am now having a glass of wine and have resolved never to paint anything outside ever again.

11. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Member

Makes good reading Mr Sensible.
    I'm just about to pay for my season's subscription to the game commentary and live stream for most of the games.
    I'm on the Not 606 everyday so try to keep up with the news.

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

That's what I call dedication Mr BC. There is no way on this earth I would be up by 7am to listen to a game. Long may you remain a contributor to our small but beautifully formed team of Argyle experts.