1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

please log in to view this image

2. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Not my cup of tea to be honest, each to their own. I dont really watch any news channels anyway to be fair. None are balanced and all have agendas. Whether a woke or a gammon, you will tune in to what you think you want to hear.

3. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Not really I just want to tune in to something that has an equally sided argument without listening to the presenters biased views.
    For years I have had to sit through Burley/Munta/BBC/SkyC4 listening to their Woke/anti-government/anti-Brexit views.

GBNews has already proved in 3 days that you can have 2 people with different opinions sit and have a debate without the presenter cutting them off or shouting them down with their own agenda.
    It’s refreshing to hear people say things without the fear of upsetting this weeks colour orange.

They will need to sort out the tech side of things and tweak a few areas but I can only see it going from strength to strength. The fact that it’s been the number one trending this week should tell you that people are talking about it good or bad.
    To say people will tune in to what they want to hear is incorrect.

4. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Bloody hell I should have just posted this…

Goldhawk-Road likes this.
  5. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Although the gammonists are hilariously hypocritical in their rage at the world I think there is a difference today to the original ‘political correctness’ push, which, as Stewart Lee so brilliantly put it, was imperfect, full of contradictions and issues but essentially was about being nicer and more thoughtful to each other, and what is going on today. ‘Identity politics’ is on another level and encourages people to dwell on a single aspect of their identity, usually one to which they attach a grievance as well as sometimes pride (small ‘p’), also usually with some justification but with a worrying tendency to descend into angry monomania.

The delicious irony that the Gammons are explicitly and transparently engaging in identity politics which they hate, but really don’t understand that they are, is lovely. The unlovely bit about it is that, looking around, including on here, you can see genuine hatred between people who have latched on to a different aspect of their identity, preferring to ignore what they have in common.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    bobmid, Stroller and BobbyD like this.
  6. surreyhoop

surreyhoop Well-Known Member

To be fair, John Redwood is a class A buffoon who not many people take seriously....I could find examples of his buffonery but really can't be bothered.

finglasqpr and bobmid like this.
  7. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

He is my MP and a family friend. He is a actually a decent bloke. So who should I believe… first hand experience or some lefty story?

seriously the Woke community on here need to chill out a bit. I have seen them on Twitter crying because GBNews has taken off big time bringing in more viewers than both Sky and BBC combined for the AN show.
    Even today I have seen that they have got the fab Rosie Wright from EuroNews. Adding to Colin Brazier and the ex BBC fella MCCoy.
    I will let all the Wokies dribble over stories like replacing ‘mother’ with ‘birthing person’ and I will listen to what really matters.

8. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Interviewers on the BBC are required to put the contrary arguments to the points their interviewees are making. This applies to both left and right, woke and gammon. You gammons only seem to notice this when it's applied to your side. It seems to me that GB News exists purely to allow right-wing arguments to go unchallenged. I'm out.

9. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

I think the woke community and the gammons should really both chill out.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  10. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

I think they should get a room :emoticon-0115-inlov

kiwiqpr and bobmid like this.

11. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Gammon and woke with a side of chips

kiwiqpr and Steelmonkey like this.
  12. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Interesting lefty comments by you Stroller. I love the way you refer to me as Gammon? Especially when your probable 20 years older.
    I will watch a story on GBNews regarding future battery seagliders and a fab story on wind turbine energy and you watch the BBC with someone who with this weeks colour orange wants to identify themselves as something else. And have the presenters dribbling all over the idea. :emoticon-0148-yes:

13. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

You missed the gag there Bob, surely it's a side of Chip on the shoulder...

kiwiqpr and bobmid like this.
  14. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

15. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Starmer had some very good points today regarding borders/Delta variant and 20k people arriving from India. However he still lacks passion and that killer instinct. Boris just brushed it off in his waffling way and Starmer never hit back.
    I remember when Cameron fist came on the scene and how he got annoyed when the PM (Brown) waffled. Look at the difference and how he keeps attacking.

thats the difference He was a winner and Starmer isn’t.

16. Goldhawk-Road

Goldhawk-Road Well-Known Member

The Batley by election may well be Starmer's Waterloo. Then, who knows? Anyone fancy a Sultana?

ELLERS likes this.
  17. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

As I said Goldie he did have some valid points but the delivery was dull as dishwater and you just turn off. For all of Boris’s waffle and over exaggerations he is charismatic and people enjoy his company whereas Captain Hindsight comes across as a boring lawyer. Not PM material.

18. Goldhawk-Road

Goldhawk-Road Well-Known Member

Lawyers are by nature cautious, and Sir Kier is of that nature. These days, it helps if leaders show personality even if not flamboyance. Thatcher did. Blair did. Applying the Spitting Image test, Starmer makes John Major look interesting. At least Major was shagging one of his ministers. Any chance Sir Kier's had Angela Rayner over his desk? None whatsoever. He'd be too scared even to fantasize about it.

ELLERS likes this.
  19. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

At last, something I can agree with the Prime Minister on - Hancock is indeed 'totally ****ing hopeless'.

Trouble is, so is Johnson.

20. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

<laugh>

Did you hear lIz Truss say that the beef import from the EU will be cut from 230k tonnes to 35k tonnes by 2022. That will please those protectionist French farmers…. mmm funny how people complain about the farmers with the Aussie deal but couldn’t give a to22 about the EU imports and their rules? Funny that.