1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The right to life

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Erik, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

This is a copy of the Gary Speed thread of condolence with some tweaks.

If you want to pay your respects, please do so on the original thread Erik started.

If people want to discuss suicide, it's better not done on a thread aimed offering condolences to the family of a respected footballer.

Free speech comes with responsibility.

DMD

2. FLG

FLG Well-Known Member

3. kirkellatiger

kirkellatiger Well-Known Member

Stan Collymore has began a new bout of depression which he has stated on his Twitter. These events higlight the impact and effects of the game and it really does put things into perspective. RIP a true footballing legend, tragic news!

4. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Go away you fukin idiot.

5. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

Who cares who he played for, there is a human side to the game and it's times like these were you set rivalry aside for what really matters. If that's your opinion (stupid and callous as it is) then fair enough, but at least keep it to yourself, if you thought it wouldn't offend anyone then you're daft. Someone has died and left behind 2 young sons and a wife, to say what you have given the situation is ****ing disgusting and you should be ashamed. I bet you wouldn't be saying that to the face of someone who knew Gary Speed or supported a team he followed, have some respect!

6. merchantman5

merchantman5 Well-Known Member

What stone have you crawled from under you ****ing moron. Show some respect for his wife and family. :steam:

7. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

Wow, what a cretin.

8. FILEYseadog

FILEYseadog Well-Known Member

It's a terrible thing to do is killing yourself because of the heartbreak it leaves behind . I don't understand why people get depressed with life.. Anyway sending good thoughts to all those left behind..such a waste of a life ..then it allways is when someone takes there own life ( O/T hope your keeping well Charles )

9. Hull City AFC (HCHKR)

Hull City AFC (HCHKR) Well-Known Member

You have no mates thats why you slag everyone off behind a PC so why don't you grow a set of balls and say it to Gary's family you absolute prick!

10. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

I didn't know the guy but from the tributes it seems like he was a man who loved his family. I knew someone who took their own life, I didn't feel anger towards them, just sad at the fact that things became as bad as they did for the person involved and no one could help. Someone has to be at a desperate stage to do something like this and you need to wind your ****ing neck in. If you have something as controversial as this to say then why couldn't you keep it to yourself? The fact you drew the clubs he played for into it and said you were glad he was dead makes you look like a sad and pathetic individual.

11. guitartrax

guitartrax Active Member

Thats a big shock for the football world, condolences to his family. RIP Gary, agree one of the nice blokes as already stated in another post.

PS.. tigers1970, serious, grow up son, you havent a clue what you are talking about. That could so easily have been your father or your son. Not the time for it my freind.

12. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

tigers70 said it in such a horrific manner it's not funny or considerable to think about but the main point he's making that he's a coward for taking his own life I agree with entirely, just imagine what his wife and sons are going through now. There's only certain situations I would agree suicide is anything but attrocious and those are circumstances like the world trade centre.

Maybe he was a secret Hull City fan?

edit: When I was at primary school, one of my friends dads hung himself one night, and the impact it had on him was awful so I've seen first hand the dreadful effects it causes. It caused him to drop out of school for the entire year and really ****ed the poor lad and his life up. Even now you can still tell it affects him as he's always miserable as sin, I haven't seen him smile or laugh for years. So I'm sorry Gary but you are a selfish something discriminatory which I won't say as it's not the time or the place.

My thoughts are with the family and friends, no one should deserve to have to go through this.

13. Qatartiger Cambridgetiger

Qatartiger Cambridgetiger Well-Known Member

What a very sad story .... and condolences to all the people that he has left behind. But I feel that this is no place for inappropriate comments about such a very sad story about someone taking their own life. Somethings are better left unsaid, just an opinion.

<cheers>

14. TigerMarv

TigerMarv Well-Known Member

RIP Gary, sad loss

Unless you know the full reason why he felt it necessary to take his own life and his state of mind at the time I dont think these type of comments can be justified no matter how people might try

This subject is one close to me having had a family member do the same and having friends in the same situation when we do discuss it nobody blames those that took their lives.

15. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I dont think you have put it very well Bob but i understand what you are getting at. But if you can actually contemplate going to your garage getting a length of rope, going up in the loft tying to a beam then putting a noose around your neck, then standing on a chair before kicking it away. Its not cowardly at all. No rational person would do that, so in his state of mind he isnt thinking of his wife or kids, his problems have overwhelmed him completely to the point where he can not see any other solution. Now that is a tragedy. I dont know how old you are Bob but depression in men is more prevalent the older you get.
    I worked with a bloke in his late 50's, not a problem in his life, mortgage paid, kids grown up and families of their own, a few years to a good lump sum and pension, healthy. Walked out of the canteen one dinner time and hung himself in a portacabin in the car park, Friday the 13th think it was 85 or 86. We never found out why.

16. Chiltons222

Chiltons222 Active Member

What a shock he was such a great guy and never changed however much he achieved. One of the best, so dad.
    Well said Chazz. and thanks for putting the recod right for this great board.

17. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Why the **** is this thread in my name?

18. x

x Well-Known Member

disgusting comments from tigers1970 (do us all a favour, you non-thinking turd, and get the word "tigers" out of your username. we dont want idiots like your associating themselves with our club) and prehistoric bob.

mental illness is not a matter of cowardice. did you learn nothing from one of the tragedies of ww1? are you going to tell us speed was "lacking in moral fibre", the excuse used in ww1 by the british army and government as justification for murdering the mentally ill?

when you see someone in your family or a friend suffering from an illness that they neither understand nor control, that robs them of common sense and reason, that allows some other demon - almost inevitably some kind of chemical anomaly - to control their thinking, to make them swear that black is white, good is bad, night is day, to watch them shut out any semblance of logic, any semblance of hope, any offer of consolation or comfort, to watch them spiral into a pit of hopelessness, then maybe you will be qualified to comment. "but he seemed fine," people have said. he did, because the mentally ill can become manipulative and experts at hiding their condition.

so who is going to be next ignorant twat to make a comment about something they are too stupid to comprehend?

19. x

x Well-Known Member

because its a copy of the gary speed thread you started, with the first (your) message altered by dmd.

20. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I'm very upset by this news.