1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

'The Run In'

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Delsy, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

So, I think that we can all safely say that up until now it has been a 'season of two halves', a promising start
    { Although any sane Rovers supporter would of known it wouldn't last } followed by a disappointing and lacklustre effort from most concerned.

Below is listed all games remaining and it would be interesting to gauge how everyone thinks that we shall fare over the remainder of this term ? Hopefully with the way that the league has shaped this year we have enough to avoid the dreaded drop to Div 4 but looking at those fixtures and the way that we have been performing points may be few and far between. I just hope that we can pick up another eleven from somewhere to pass that magical 50 marker :emoticon-0141-whew:

Blackpool home
    Sunderland away
    Shrewsbury home
    Southend away
    Sunderland home
    Ipswich home
    Peterborough away
    Rochdale home
    Portsmouth away
    Oxford away
    Burton home
    Accrington away
    Lincoln home
    Gillingham away

2. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Read on a thread somewhere we are estimated to get another 14 points this season, that would make 53 in total

3. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

I'd like to know where the 14 points are coming from! Seriously though. I would agree that we've probably got enough on the board already for a handful of draws to be enough to see us over the line. As of today, we actually need another 26 points to avoid relegation, although obviously as teams below us take points off each other, and draw or lose games, this figure will reduce week by week. Plus of course, as we pick up draws or wins, this will reduce the figure even more. My heart tells me things will click anytime soon, and we will start winning - my head is wondering if we will ever win another game! Anyway, as of NOW, we need another 26 points!

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Could of beat Wycombe. Should have beat Bolton, Fleetwood and Tranmere. We had then chances to win all 4. I said it the other day before Tranmere that we are not far away from stuffing someone. We just need 1 bit of luck and off we go. I have no worries about our safety.

5. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

"we are not far away from stuffing someone." .........Peterborough Away Maybe ?? :emoticon-0136-giggl

6. old timer

With our luck against the posh probably hit the woodwork a dozen times and they will win 1 0 with their only shot on target which took a massive deflection

7. Quilllogic

Quilllogic Active Member

Coughlan must be seeing our results since he left and wondering what the hell is going on.

8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

That's one game im not looking forward to. And Sunderland away.

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I doubt he has bothered to look for us as he is in deep trouble himself so should be concentrating on his own issues. I think he has only won 1 or 2 at Mansfield. Lost so many leads, even 2-0 leads as well.

10. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

That's the first 3 points taken from the run in.

GreatWesternGas likes this.

11. GreatWesternGas

Excellent result - don't care if the winner was fortunate, deserved or not. Points make prizes, and after such a long wait, the win was all that mattered. A major upset at Sunderland is all that's needed now!

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  12. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Yep, three down eight to go for that benchmark fifty points tally although with The Trotters and Shrimpers both losing again yesterday I think they are more or less doomed and with a healthy gap between us and the Trannies we should be able to now expect div three footie again at The Memorial Stadium for next term.........a win at Sunderland would be nice though eh !

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Like I said at comment 4, I have no worries about our safety. Some tough games ahead so expectations should be realistically low. However, with a win yesterday, morale and confidence will be pretty good this week in training, so who knows what will happen.

14. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

It wasn't until just now that I noticed the form of Blackpool and Oxford. When we beat Ipswich, we were 4th. That same time, Blackpool were 5th and Oxford were 8th. 2 league games later after our defeat in BG's first game in charge, Oxford were 3rd.

Now, with the awful run we've had for 2 months, Oxford are still only 3 points ahead of us and we are 5 points clear of Blackpool. Yet our form seemed to have got all the focus!

15. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

All most likely due to the managerial change and the popularity of the current guy in charge.

16. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Pompey game now to be re - arranged to an evening K.O due to their involvment in some sort of competition final up at HA9

17. old timer

Note that Sunderland's loan signing from across the city is not fit for the game on Saturday

18. GreatWesternGas

Shock result coming Saturday - Sunderland will not get the win they are expecting. You heard it here first! :smiley-finger007:

19. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I think our players will be up for it. Our win came at the right to help to spur them on. I can imagine training this week being the best for BG with smiles on their faces. Also the pitch will be perfect for BG's style. I heart says win. Head says Sunderland could still be too strong. Draw will be a good result.

20. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

I just hope that we can compete with them on the day and don't embarrass ourselves by getting a walloping.