1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Sevilla Thread

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

El Presidente has gone public with his displeasure that our match on Saturday is an afternoon game. He says the temperature in Seville will be much higher than in where the other teams going for the Champions league places are playing. He really should have checked the weather forecast first, though. It’s only due to be 24 degrees. Not a lot warmer than in Getafe or Valladolid or Barcelona. Gives us a good excuse if we miss out on the top 4, though.

2. Fulhaman

Valencia won and Getafe drew. We also won so finish 6th and qualify for the Europa League (again). Not a bad season but a couple of poor patches meant early promise - we were top at one stage - fizzled out a bit. Still onwards and upwards.

See you next season, chaps, have a good summer.

3. Fulhaman

Very sad news about Reyes. Only a young man, too. Legend for us, though. RIP Jose.

Captain Morgan likes this.
  4. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Looks like Sergio Rico has joined PSG, but Sky Tv are reporting Navas is joining PSG from Real with Areola going the other way in exchange. So where does that leave Sergio ? Why did he want to leave Sevilla

5. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Presumably the feeling was not one-sided?

I've never been overly convinced by Navas and I think Rico stands a chance at that starting job.

6. Fulhaman

We wanted rid. The season before he came to Fulham he fell out quite publicly with the manager Montella and some of the supporters. Hence he got farmed out last year as well. We have a top keeper in Vaclik and in the summer brought in a very experienced one as back up - Bounou (a Canadian/Moroccan who spent time at Atletico and spent the last few years at Girona.

7. Fulhaman

Nothing to do with Sevilla but what has happened to C58? Does anyone know? He used to be on this thread quite a lot and I haven't heard from him in ages?

8. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Fulhaman, C58 hasn't been on the board since June. I have tried to contact him in a couple of different ways but have had no response. He was the backbone to our thread. He is being greatly missed on our board and I dearly hope he may return in the future.

9. Fulhaman

Hi All, not posted or been on the site in an age and I hope you are still all okay - just in case you missed it - we won the Europa League Final (again) tonight. Six times winners now. The Señora is very happy.

Hope Fulham have as good season as we are looking forward to out here. Last match I made was against West Brom early last season and I doubt I will get over this season what with Coronavirus, quarantine, and reduced capacity at the Cottage, but hope we have a bloody good season.

Incidentally, did anyone ever find out what happened to Cottager? Fingers crossed.

Fabulous Fabio and 2whitestripes like this.
  10. 2whitestripes

Congrats to you and your Señora, Sevilla will get to keep the trophy one day.

Many will not be getting to games this season although I hear supporters may get back in October.

Still no word of C58, our board suffers without him for sure.

Stay safe

Fulhaman likes this.

11. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Reading the notes about C58 and I had a look back on our posts from way back. So many insightful and regular posters we don't hear from anymore. I'd forgotten also that this site came about from the old BBC site of 606.

Still like the site. We'll all have to make an effort this season to keep it alive.

12. 2whitestripes

C58 went out of his way to get me tickets for our playoff final against Villa, forever in his debt to have had the experience of the great white wall at Wembley.
    I often still feel like a newbie on the board, enjoy others comments, visions, hopes and dreams, lets up the pace, we are all fulhamish at heart.

Fulham COYW likes this.