1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The (Sir) Alwaysright Gordon Road Stand Thread

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Nov 16, 2012.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Entertainment ((and I don't mean excrement. ))

You will be aware that I didn’t go to Bradford …. Looks like I didn’t miss much (( including the loss of about the £90 it would have cost me.))…I have also stated very recently, that I don’t know if I’ll bother with the final two home games (( the time I’ll save will make the ‘waste’ of season ticket not seem so bad !))

….So, what did I do over weekend ? – well, obviously, I was very nice to Mrs. A (( and had plenty of change after a slap-up meal. ))

…. I wondered if I might miss the ‘atmosphere ‘ of Matchday if (when) I won’t be renewing my ticket for next season – not a bit !

I watched a fair bit of IPL – which might not be for the cricket purist – but – you cannot deny the ‘entertainment’ and often nail-biting finishes – including Jos Buttler needing to hit a 6 off the final ball to win the game and achieve 100 runs…He duly obliged.

On Sunday, I watched a very unboring game Rangers v Celtic – with VAR nonsense – with the ref giving a penalty to Rangers after penalizing the Rangers player for diving – but – failing to see that quite clearly, the Celtic defender had ‘played’ the ball…. This provided me with plenty of opportunity to practice my swear words at the television (( the officials would have ignored me even if I had been at the game. ))… The match then went to a ridiculous finale – with Rangers having a goal ruled out for a foul – then scoring a goal for 2-2…– but - 71 seconds later Celtic make it 3-2, before Rangers salvage a 3-3 boredraw deep into added on time.

I then had to endure Man Utd v Liverpool – of course there was no entertainment or drama in this game !!!!! ( how was Casemiro not sent off for his lunge in the 97th minute ? )

Sunday was rounded off ( in the sporting sense ), with Spurs v Forest…. Probably the most boring game of the lot – which still had plenty of goals (thankfully not conceded by The Gills )

I got all of the above ‘entertainment’ at a pro-rata cost of well under £1 (( that’s one )) – and I didn’t need to spend hours on the road – or look to find a parking space in the same time zone as the ground…..How much entertainment did I get from GFC at the weekend ?? Sweet F A !..(( that question should refer to every weekend for several years. ))… and I definitely spend more than £1 for the crap I get at Priestfield ( and all ports north. )

.... So, perhaps I won’t have to worry that if I stop going to Priestfield, I won’t have any entertainment, drama or opportunity to shout and swear at the Officials ((( although I might risk being kicked out of the house by Mrs. A if I don’t show her as much passion as I do for my football. )))

I have said many times that I have only ever wanted 100% commitment from the Gills…it appears that I actually want more! – or , at very least a little entertainment…. I do not consider it very entertaining to continually pass sideways, backwards, statue impressions, tap, tap sideways, backwards, more statue impressions, lump the ball ( hoofball ) – lose possession – then panic as the opposition scythe through our defence – and concede the inevitable goal ( or 5 ).

I do not think that Clemence will be anything other than defensive – or as I describe it ‘Clemballbore’ – it certainly wont be entertaining. It will be crap – and after 60 years of crap, I’ve had enough……and if you’re still reading this drivel, don’t complain that my posts also are crap – at least you haven’t had to waste thousands of £££ and 60 years of your life trying to find me ‘entertaining.’ (( it’s not as if there’s many of you doing that for me ! ))…………of course, in the Summer I might suffer a brain fart and somehow be inspired to do it all over again next season – (( I might even go to Priestfield as well. ))

brb likes this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

I agree that you probably need some time out from the Gills, for all the reasons you have stated, personally I think players are overpaid at all levels these days, but that's not likely to change in the near future.

I did notice Amazon didn't buy into the new contracts for the start of the new season onwards, which is a bit of a shame, because I think they are the best streaming service, ahead of BT and SKY.

Next season we may even lost Ifollow, which will really impact fans like me, as SKY have now bought all the rights, and I'm not sure what repalacement is going to be in place, if any!

Maybe Brad and Shannon need this raising to them, so they can look at other options - some clubs have their own match streaming service, but I don't know how this all works contractually with the big (tv) boys and the EFL body. They would need to chat to clubs already doing it.

I've got Now TV which gives me access to all the games you mention and the Old Firm Derby was a good watch, Now TV did me a monthly deal for £17.99, which I think is half-price.

Hopefully you feel refreshed during preseason, we see some decent incomings, I'm not going to comment on SC, and hopefully next season we go again, and you see enough change that sorts out this seasons missed opportunities, but like you I won't be holding my breath and can only wish once again Brad and Shannon all the best in taking on this massive challenge, they must be mad lol.

alwaysright likes this.
  3. alwaysright

It's not been a bad couple of seasons.........................................

.............. for Ipswich... L1 last season.. Playing in the EPL later this year.

What I do wonder about (( no - not that Gills might be able to replicate the Ipswich success )) - why did one of their fans think it was appropriate to take a blow-up doll to the game - obviously, at Priestfield such 'mascots' might prove to be more entertaining.

4. alwaysright

The sun has 'got' to me...... Season ticket(s) renewed today.... My sons & I have 'upgraded' - to the Gold section - with a slightly elevated viewpoint...my friends in the 'cheap' seats will still be able to hear me!..................so - that little lot should help to pay for a bit more consultancy!!

brb likes this.
  5. alwaysright