1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Sullivan & Gold Comedy Corner

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Citizen Kane, Jan 12, 2017.

1. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think that's happening either way, to be fair. Closing half the stadium next season, too.

2. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

The other obvious suggestion for who they'll ruin next is Newcastle, for similar reasons: both clubs are for sale, both are clubs any shyster can describe as a "sleeping giant" while promising things they have no intention of delivering, and both have a pool of supporters that can be exploited to turn up for as long as it takes to bleed the club dry.

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  3. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

A damning indictment of the D1ldo bros.

However the text I have retained is IMHO
    a cautionary tale for Levy in the week of new
    WHL ticket pricing being announced.

4. West Ham want life bans for London Stadium pitch invaders.....

And the rest of us wants West Ham to get a lifetime ban from football :emoticon-0148-yes:

5. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

6. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

7. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

From The Guardian...

Sadiq Khan has rebuked Karren Brady for claiming that cuts in the London Stadium’s security budget were responsible for the crowd trouble that marred West Ham United’s defeat by Burnley last Saturday.

West Ham’s vice-chairman wrote to the mayor of London after an emergency meeting between stakeholders on Monday and said the head of safety and security at the stadium operator LS185, had blamed failings in security on the stadium’s owner E20 pushing for cuts of more than 15% over the past six months. Brady, who was not at the meeting, quoted the head of safety and security as saying that LS185 had secured the stadium as best it could “with the limited resources available”.

That has drawn an angry response from Khan, whose office is in effect responsible for covering the costs for security through the London Legacy Development Corporation. He wrote to Brady to say “there has been no requirement to reduce stewarding and security expenditure during the season” and that representatives of LS185 and Newham council have said that no budgetary issues were raised during the meeting.

“The chief executive officer of LS185, who was at the meeting, has confirmed to my officials that neither he nor my staff who were present used any of the words your letter attributes to them,” Khan wrote in a letter seen by the Guardian. “This has been confirmed by other attendees and by a representative from the London Borough of Newham, who chaired the discussion. Further, all parties also confirm that there was no discussion about budgetary issues at all.

“The accusation you made is a very serious one which I hope you will now formally withdraw. In future I suggest you seek to validate such comments before airing them widely.”

"Dildo, dildo."

8. humanbeingincroydon

You know you've ****ed up when you're getting put in your box by a Wail journalist who obviously got bullied ****less at school...

9. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

and I thought I was a bitch <laugh>

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Spur of the Moment likes this.
  10. humanbeingincroydon

Funnily enough, when his school bullies got bored of throwing tampons at Ladyman, they would ask him who made him their bitch.

...you get the feeling my school wasn't a nice place, aren't you?

11. remembercolinlee

was it a Catholic school...I went to Catholic school and it was truely brutal <laugh>

12. humanbeingincroydon

No, there was no God at my school.

And that's describes the canteen...

remembercolinlee likes this.
  13. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

And yet you went back for more! <laugh> Nutter.

14. remembercolinlee

a kid threw a chair at me yesterday then called me a **** cos I dodged it and then said he'd call the police cos I had to restrain him cos he tried to cut me with some plastic...for some reason I think he supports West ham <laugh>

15. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

In all seriousness, I really appreciate people like you that do really tough jobs that need to be done.
    I'm sure it has some very rewarding moments, amidst the threats, violence and piss socks! <laugh>
    Must be like going to watch the Spam every day, except for the rewarding part, of course.

16. remembercolinlee

it is a truely blinding job.
    did a course last year to become a qualified Higher Level Teaching Assistant and as part of it I taught 2 kids time. Neither could tell the time and could not put the days of the week in order or name every month.
    I planned the 6 weeks of lessons and they learned the days and months in order, how many days in each month and how to tell the time and work out time problems on digital and analogue clocks.
    5 months later I did a recap lesson and they remembered what I had taught them.
    One of the kids would have to be removed from class every day in his first 3 weeks with us. in the last 5 months he has been removed just once.
    I am very proud of both of these things.

And of course I get some great stories to tell <laugh>

17. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Palace's win has left West Ham hovering above the drop zone on goal difference.
    James Tomkins getting the opener makes it even more bitter for his old mates.

humanbeingincroydon likes this.
  18. humanbeingincroydon

Baroness Pigface has been mouthing off to the papers about how the company they lease the White Elephant from are being completely unreasonable.

You know, the company that was created by representatives from Newham Council and, ermmm, West Ham United...

Spur of the Moment likes this.
  19. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

At today's meeting at the London Assemblt to discuss TWE...

Conservative member Keith Prince, the assembly's representative for Havering and Redbridge, said that the venue may, perhaps be better handled and be more financially viable, if controlled by those with experience of running a football stadium

"There is a certain irony that one of the partners is very experienced in running a stadium, the operation and the stewarding, and that's West Ham."

In response, Neale Coleman [the former Deputy Chairman of the LLDC] replied: "Clearly there is an option whereby West Ham would operate the stadium. That could be an option. It would require a fundamental renegotiation of all the agreements. I'm not necessarily saying that would be a bad thing. It would be essential in any such process that both parties benefited from that renegotiation."

When asked if the LLDC should pay West Ham to run the stadium, the twat, Coleman said...

"Again, you would have to renegotiate the contractual arrangements and there would be issues about who decides what other events went on there, about all the decisions that would have to be made around it. But it would be possible to do it like that, absolutely."

I did some consulting work for a London Authority Chief Executive a few years back and the waste, incompetence and political chicanery took my breath away but this is rotten at a whole new level. If The London Assembly is contemplating paying West Ham's owners to run their own football club.........into the ground, then I am without words......

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  20. humanbeingincroydon

There's an article in this month's WSC about the West Scam protests - however it was clearly written some time before the scheduled protests, as the article assumed they would go ahead and not be derailed after the board had a meeting with the Inter-City Firm...sorry, "Real West Ham Fans" in order to threaten fans to keep their mouths shut listen to the fan's issues and reach a consensus, let alone the team's slide down the table since mid-January.