1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours The Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Mr Wolves-White, May 20, 2022.

1. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

Didn't we look at him as a LB? Think Cornet has an attitude problem so I’d want to keep away from players like that.

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just looking up the news on Nick Pope, West Ham and Fulham are interested, Burnley are asking £40m. Who said relegated teams need to sell cheap….

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He was one of three along with Firpo offered to Bielsa. I think most footballers have an attitude problem of some kind, that’s one huge advantage of Marsch over Bielsa he will handle them better

4. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Forster is going to spurs according to reports.

5. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

I was thinking Ben Foster, old I know but think he’d be happy to come and sit on the bench and play the cup games. Decent enough back up and someone with experience to keep Meslier on his toes. Free as well.

6. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

Not a great choice whoever sanctioned that then. Is Cornet actually any good at defending? He looks good attacking wise but I think in this Marsch system we need the full backs to be pretty solid.

I get what you’re saying but I think we need players that care, want to win and dig deep when needed which I think is what we have for the most part at the moment. But we don’t want too many bad eggs otherwise we’ll get a team that isn’t really fussed and even top managers will struggle with a team like that. Look at scum, loads of talented players with attitude problems but the managers can’t win, sometimes they turn up and other times they just can’t be asked. Don’t want to turn into a team like that.

ristac likes this.
  7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

On the Subject of value for money we paid £17m for Raphinha and could make £50m profit, great. Klich cost £2m and we have had 4 seasons of graft, promotion with him being Bielsa’s ‘go to’ player for over 100 games on the bounce. Klich still worth more than we paid for him?

8. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Sorry mate, my mistake wrong keeper though I think he’s the type that would want to keep playing rather than bench warm. Pope would be a massive upgrade for us. He nearly kept Burnley up with some of his performances.

Doc likes this.
  9. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Re cornet… he was mentioned as a full back when we were looking for one. Has spent most of his career as a forward but spent a fair chunk of time at Lyon playing as a full back and apparently did it well. Useful flexibility and a good buy for anyone at his reported release clause.

foolee likes this.
  10. milkyboy

Not sure he’d leave Burnley. He loves the club as you can see by his allegiance to the badge

upload_2022-5-28_9-20-11.jpeg

oh my bad, he has a sponsorship deal with Umbro

Last edited: May 28, 2022

11. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

I like Pope but we can't cater for two. Maybe if we were in Europe or so it could be different but at this moment in time neither Meslier or Pope will want to bench sit and understandably So. I don't see any approach unless Messy leaves.
    I'm never a fan of players coming back but Charlie Taylor I watched a lot in this run in and he's as good as you get maybe out of the top 4 at Leftback in the Prem and he won't break the bank. I'd have him back tomorrow. Firpo isn't a patch on him. He's also proven so you know he can play the league. So no chances or maybe's like we did with Firpo.
    I know it's harder and more expensive but I really hope we stay more closer to home in the majority of our recruitment I don't have a clue who to get I just hope the Club do it right this season Aaronson is a cracking start from further ashore though.
    But the shyte is just about to hit the fan as we have to start moving bodies and shelling the deadwood small squad or not alot of these are not up to playing Prem Football.

NostradEmus likes this.
  12. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Ah so the much lauded Leicester City method ?

Last 5/6 years they've bought;

15 players @ £10M +
    4 players @ £20M +
    2 players @ £30M +
    1 player @ £40M +

Interesting that their record signing Youri Tielemens @ £40.5M could walk for free next summer as so far has he's refused to sign a new contract.

Also Leicester's net spend is recorded as only £57.24M by tranfermarkt and whilst they've undoubtably done extremely well they now appear to have hit a crossroads as to where exactly they're going as a club.

13. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I know it divides opinion but a huge yes for Taylor from me.

I’d not want us to spend anywhere near £40m for Pope and it’s great we have a developing keeper for the future but we so nearly went down and he’d have left anyway. We need players for here and now, Pope has 4-5 seasons in him, I’d seriously try to broker a deal of some kind, cash plus loan Meslier to them? Probably not but give me a choice next season or for the next three seasons Pope or Meslier and I’d take Pope

14. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They struck lucky with Vardy, it’s getting replacement time for him, they’re going to need to spend big. It’s one thing having a player progress with the team winning promotions but now they’re an established PL team there won’t be any spending £20m on a striker and he bangs in 15-20 goals

15. Jammy 07

How much would you pay to sign Charlie Taylor ?

2 years left on his contract at Burnley and he's 28 years old (29 in Sept).

16. milkyboy

Overpaid for tielemans then <laugh>

radz quotes Leicester. Orta is a protege of monchi at Seville… buy young and cheap.

Nothing wrong with the concept, like any of these things it comes known to the implementation. You can buy failures at 25m and failures at 50m plus. You just need deep pockets if your failures are expensive ones.

The reason why I think it’s right for us at this time, is we’re we don’t have sufficient quality through the squad and we still have some ageing champ players that need replacing/upgrading.

17. Jammy 07

Leicester have signed 3 centre forwards in recent years.

Slimani £27.9M
    Ineanacho £24.93M
    Daka £27M

I'd say none of them are/were good enough.

ristac likes this.
  18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Barcelona hit by transfer crisis and cannot sign Leeds United star Raphinha
    Barcelona have been hit by a crisis as they attempt to sign Leeds United star Raphinha, according to MARCA.

The Spanish outlet have reported on their website that the Catalan giants can sign no players as things stand, including the Whites wizard and Robert Lewandowski.

One man who could be left very red-faced by all of this is Deco.The agent has appeared to tell his client and Barcelona that this deal can be completed for very cheap, but that was never going to be the case after Leeds remained in the Premier League.

The ball is very firmly in our court, and why should we lower our demands just because Barcelona have entered negotiations for a deal knowing they have no money?

Whitejock and foolee like this.
  19. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Cornet can play on the wing or at 10. Burnley had him up front with Barnes/Weghorst after Dyche left which resulted in a more expansive system which nearly got them out of trouble. He can play wing back because of his workrate.

If Raphinha goes, it wouldn't be a bad signing pending price. Burnley are ****ed financially. If we could get him cheap it would be a really solid signing. I wouldn't pay more than 18 million for him though.

Last edited: May 28, 2022
    ristac likes this.
  20. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

Exactly on Phillips and Raph we hold all the keys with their current contracts here and we should never let any club or Agent try to bully us to sell. we are in the position of pulling all the strings and that's how it should be. if any are to leave they have to be going to pay top dollar or go away simple as that.

foolee and Doc like this.