1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours The Summer Rumour Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Mr Wolves-White, May 7, 2018.

1. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

Doc it looks like the Felix story is true, We're supposedly after Angus Gunn from Man City. We want him on a season long loan and to challenge BPF for the first choice spot.

Not a rumour but I'm guessing that Lonegan is on his way out the door for a second time

2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I'm going to start a rumor because I reckon its worth a punt. James Collins was told by Email that he was no longer needed by West Ham Utd. 12 years he has been there and is a top defender at Championship level, always gives 100% and Vinnie Jones has ripped into WHU calling them a bunch of c##ts for doing it. Just maybe Collins on a free is a way better bet than Bartley. Hernadez and Collins on freebies seems a no brainer to me, break the wage cap do it

Gessa, Leedsoflondon and Farsleyexile like this.
  3. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Isn't Collins a legend with them? Pretty sure he was out injured that last game I saw on the telly, and the tv bods were going on about him sitting in the stands in mufti amongst the fans, rather than using the club-provided seats. Might be mistaken ID on my part, but if he's a big baldy ginner with a beard, I've got it right. That's a disgraceful way to treat anyone, but a legend like him? Wow!

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Not Jocks favorite player obviously, but anyone who has played 66 times for Cardiff, 91 times for Villa and 188 times for WHU plus 64 times for Wales beats Kyle Bartley if we get him on a free. He sat with the fans because he thinks the ownership at WHU are shyte since the move to London Stadium. Hes a cult figure with the fans because the fans love him because he gives his all?

5. Whitejock

Oh, I must have come over wrong. I have nothing against the guy. I was most impressed to see him in the stands & hear about his legend status. I wonder though why he wasn't playing & not even on the bench. Has he got long term injury problems? I actually remember him more for his Villa days that WHU, oddly enough.

6. Whitejock

Seeing a bit of chatter on Twitter surrounding a chap who's ITK at the BCFC end. He's claiming a deal has been done for Joe Bryan. No idea if it has any substance, but I've since noticed a load of articles about him leaving & us being touted as a possible destination. As I recall, he's a LB, isn't he? Interesting - the LB bit. Raises all sorts of questions if it's true..

7. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Joe Bryan was touted last year he is probably best left sided player in the league but they will want at least £10m so out of the question

8. Whitejock

Only 1 year left on his contract, though, so you never know.

9. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

A no nonsense defender. Him and gabidon were a great pairing for us. Sold them as a pair to WH for £5m as we were stoney broke.
    He reads the game well so doesn't depend on pace.
    Can't imagine his salary being low though.
    A good signing if you get him.

10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

So we have 3 keepers on the go with Stockdale, Gunn and a Bulgirian U21 star as well as having BPF and young Pole Myazek so no way are we in for all 3.

Danish kid Pederson from Hertha Berlin a left back, we need a top CB and there is Collins on a freebie, Huth on free so either or both need snapping up plus Bartley has gone quiet

Marriot rumored to be going to Bristol? Where did they find £6m. We are close on a deal for Hernandez but will the newmanager be happy with just that or will Roberts be good enough

Whitejock likes this.

11. Whitejock

12. Whitejock

13. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

they can have o kane he is useless , will be a good deal if we sell him at that price

14. Whitejock

15. Whitejock

16. Whitejock

17. Whitejock

18. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

19. Whitejock

A clue re. the delay in signing Hernandez. Apparently Phil Hay has uttered elsewhere that we can't afford both Hernandez & Vydra ...

1. Super Leeds‏@superleedsutd72 5h5 hours ago
      All gone quiet with Abel Hernández ! Hoping it’s just a matter of time and was just waiting on the managerial appointment - what’s your thoughts Phil ?

please log in to view this image
      Phil Hay‏@PhilHayYEP
    Replying to @superleedsutd72
    there are other strikers who Bielsa likes. His appointment will dictate how Leeds attack the market now. Hernandez still very much an option but for example, I know that Bielsa prefers Vydra

10:51 PM - 16 Jun 2018

20. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Personally would go with Hernandez, it's a free as well so only available to strengthen elsewhere.

Whitejock likes this.