1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread The Twelfth Of Never Chairboys v Donny 12th Jan 19

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

After a very forgetful Christmas period where the Chairboys forgot to collect any of the twelve points on offer we welcome Donny to Adams Park looking for our first win for over a month while Donny are back to winning ways and are looking forward to a long FA Cup run after a comfortable win over PNE at Deepdale they host a fourth round tie against Oldham in two weeks.
    Apart from Yves and Charles Gas has a fully fit squad to choose from although there has been no loan signing to date there may be sightings of the elusive Sam Saunders to report.
    I will be at AP along with Slasher having a beer or two in the bar and after eleven days rest / training hoping we can reproduce our performance against the last visitors from Yorkshire and pick up our first points of the year<cheers>

Ron likes this.
  2. Guywanderer

Team news
    Nathan Tyson and Adebayo Akinfenwa could face their former club, while Alex Samuel is expected to be fit despite picking up a knock in his last outing. Matt Bloomfield returns to the squad following a three-month absence, leaving only Darius Charles and Yves Ma-Kalambay on the treatment table.

Ron likes this.
  3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'll have to put the odds up later as I can't import the odds without my mouse and I had to lend it to Amanda. (I hate touch pads and touch screens)

4. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

I am off to this one as well hav'nt seen the Blues lose yet this season, hoping for another win.

Guywanderer likes this.
  5. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Paris and Freeman start and there's 5 strikers on the bench, no loanees back but Blooms starts!

6. mowgli1960

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS Paris, 3-2! <party><party><party><party>

7. mowgli1960

What a feckin' great comeback! I can watch the highlights on Quest for the first time in ages without holding my head in my hands <laugh><laugh><laugh> <party><party>

Rocky blue army and Guywanderer like this.
  8. Guywanderer

Phil Hythe is magic

Ron and Rocky blue army like this.
  9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

****ed up my one bet though <laugh>

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good day all round. Wycombe, Plymouth and Gillingham all win 3-2 <party><party><party>

11. philhythe

That's the third home game I have seen all of them we were losing & ended up winning 3-2. But you have to say a couple of people got out of jail today Ainsworth was one of them with playing Bloomfield where he did, if you are playing Cowan-Hall & Tyson you need a No 9 & we did'nt have one till the Beast & Kashket came on, I also thought he should have bought them on at 1-0 down. Allsop was another one why an earth did we give him a three year contract & El-Abd did'nt exactly come out of it smelling of roses he kept getting caught on the wrong side he has'nt got the pace to be in front of the attack & passed the ball straight to Doncaster in the 18yd area. A Wycombe player was having a hell of an argument with Allsop after the second goal as well. Once we scored it was a totally diffirent game up untill then I don't think Doncaster could'nt believe their luck we really had'nt bothered them at all. After we scored Gape committed a foul on the edge of their box rightly booked, the whole Doncaster team piled in instead of closing out the game they panicked. The one other thing I have to say is this to lose four on the trot then be 2-0 down in the fifth against a side like Doncaster & then come back to 3 goals in 17mins takes some team spirit.

Ron likes this.
  12. Guywanderer

Mine too Ron oh dear what a shame never mind

13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Must do it more often

14. philhythe

Looks like most of the bets went up the swanee again

15. Guywanderer

After being totally out played for an hour and then going 2 down on 70 mins Gaz finally made the subs we were calling for, Blooms having been out injured for 2 months had never got into the game playing the number 10 role behind Tyson was it beyond him while Tyson ran his socks off to try to compensate then finally after 72 mins on came the cavalry in the shape of Bayo and Kashket and then we took the game to them with 25 minutes of joy and in the end celebration stand out performances from Paris who had a good game he has been using his time wisely while sat on the bench over the last few weeks and capped it off with 2 well taken goals his first was stunning and Curtis Thompson who has been magic over the last 3 months and scored a cracker

Ron likes this.
  16. philhythe

Somebody standing behind me, said why did'nt they take Paris off instead of Tyson, & at that point you could understand where he was coming from.

17. philhythe

Just wacthed the goal cam the goal keepers did'nt have a good day MCarthy having a go at Allsop twice & our last goal thank heavens the Doncaster goalkeeper had a brain storm.