1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Thread to yell BOO HISS at the blood cup organisers and hosts.

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by moreinjuredthanowen, Nov 21, 2022.

1. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Streaker on the pitch in Portugal/Uruguay. Protesting with a rainbow flag, I expect said fan will end up mysteriously beaten to a pulp.

2. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

Maybe, maybe not. Qatar want to pretend to the rest.of the world it's not a brutal nasty place for a few weeks. It may wait until the eyes of the world are not upon it before it starts beating up foreigners again.

3. moreinjuredthanowen

They'll hold the person until people forget about them due to the football amd they'll behead them.

4. moreinjuredthanowen

the depths of the cynacism at this blood cup knows no bounds.

Apparently fake "ultras" have been hired by qatar out of lebanon to wear qatar colours and chant in the "home end"

the staggering lack of understanding of what are essentially hired hands modelling themselves of the worst racist hooligans in italy says it all about this corruption.

5. Gerrardsitchyear

Gerrardsitchyear Well-Known Member

6. moreinjuredthanowen

Smells rotten.

someone is under pressure and its not going well and they've thought hmmmmm what number is "bad" but not bad enough for people these stupid westerner snowflakes to actually care.

They've got 8 stadiums but 100s of other buildings and infrastructures directly tied to the world cup bid. thats where the 6500 comes form. they've worked people to death literally but can use selective stats to filter out lots of deaths if they like but their first effort of 3 was who fell off a ladder. everything else don't record anything.

we cannot believe a word out of them, not one word.

7. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Watched the start of the Ned v Qatar game and the anthems.
    Surprised how quiet it was during the Qatar anthem and a large amount in the crowd, waving Qatar flags wearing the shirts etc, weren't singing. Almost like they didn't know the words.

saintKlopp likes this.
  8. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

How many people still sing God Save the Queen for England... If some rumours are correct, no reason to change the lyrics. :bandit:

I could never get behind our anthem as I have no specific desire to save the monarch, nor do I equate the monarch with my Britishness... We have one of the worst anthems... Although not as awful and screechy as the American anthem at least.

9. moreinjuredthanowen

That's cos they don't know the words they are hired in. See above. Lebanese men hired to play a part

10. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

England fans love the National anthem; Liverpool fans don't because we're scouse not English :p

Zorba and M!LK like this.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

I'm glad all the Portuguese, English, Brazilian, Spanish and Dutch fans have suddenly realised that the Qatar world Cup is a terrible thing and it should never have been held in the first place given new evidence that's suddenly come to light about scandalous crimes dating back 12 years they never heard about til just now.

organic red likes this.
  12. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

I think Qatar officials have missed a trick
    They should have been trying to manipulate an England win then they would have had England hailing the tournament as one of the greatest ever tournaments.

Tbf I think they have already shown the West up to be hypocrites of the highest level but that is just my opinion.

I realise the argument can go a couple of other directions but money has talked as far as I am concerned and the West listened.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  13. moreinjuredthanowen

It helps when you can get places like Japan who send rich fans who don't give a crap but love the "public safety"

We've had a series of middle eastern/Muslim fans rolled out on media in fan zones saying how great it is to get the proper food and such.

We have also have fans being paid to go to games to fill crowds out and same people are going to multiple games daily, just change shirt and in you go.

The truth will only eventually come out if the media choose to bother with it. If Morocco make the final (highly likely imo) then the media will run a mile from this for fear of being labelled racist.

There's a series of fans who've commented about how poor the fan experience was but are all European sources coming back here after.

It'll be interesting to see what Brazil fans say now and what comes.out over time.

This was the most corrupt set up in 2010. Two World cups were deliberately parcelled together at the one event so that the crime could be done all at once and Russia were given the first over our bid which was better and then the USA were shafted over by Qatar.

It's no coincidence thst blatters door was put in by Swiss police after the USA got the hump. Its also no coincidence that that pressure subsided the second USA were given 2026.

It's bad enough that footablls biggest tournament was given to one city in the desert where nobody cares about football (zero excuse of bringing football to the globe really) but then to compound it by killing 1000s to build all the stadia and infrastructure and to top it off by changing the rules late on days before tournament such that zero protest about rights and imposition of non alcohol on fans as well.

Fifa and infantino have pulled a hat trick here and imo infantino must go. His speech alone was rotten to the core.

Zorba likes this.
  14. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Won’t go into what I believe is wrong with this World Cup
    I will say I don’t think that we had the right to award the cup to a nation and then tell that nation how to conduct themselves
    I feel you have to respect their culture and rules if you send an event there
    I am not saying I agree or disagree with the philosophies and processes.

it is like when someone moves into a house next to a pub then complains about the pub related things that occur
    Not saying I am right just how I see it

Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
    johnsonsbaby, Diego and THE FOOL like this.
  15. moreinjuredthanowen

Well that is fair, I personally think that should have been clear in 2010 and very clear prior to fans booking tickets.

For me these guys made a lot of noise in 2010 to make this look OK to those not already paid off and frankly that's as big a lie as anything

Zorba and Bumps like this.
  16. moreinjuredthanowen

Ain't karma a bitch. Why idiots are having a go at Wilkinson I don't know. Kane tempting fate lol.

The list of England botters stretches right back now.

Let's see

Pearce
    Waddle (row z)
    Southgate (so bad he wore a paper bag in pizza hut add)
    Batty
    Beckham
    Carragher
    Neville
    Sancho
    Kane
    Saka
    Rashord
    Kane again

Now... I've refused to watch this travesty but there's no need to miss out on laughing at Harry kane

17. saintKlopp

Can't see how missing a pen makes you a botter (sic) - happens to the best.
    The problem is that the expectations are always ramped up to hysteria levels so the bathos upon failure is dramatic.
    Because I have only marginal interest in the national team, I'm neither surprised nor disappointed by their exit.
    They're a collection of good individuals with an average coach, and overall team performance is ultimately more relevant than individual errors.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  18. saintKlopp

That depends on whether or not those criticising were indeed the ones who awarded them the competition.
    I don't recall being asked.

Zanjinho and Bumps like this.
  19. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Agree to a point

And as such the only way you have to really make your feelings known is to vote with feet
    Which is what everyone had a choice to do

I don’t have any control over the destination of the event but I do have control over whether I partake in watching it

for me it was that simple
    No idea how everyone else saw it
    But for me it was very straightforward and one of the easier choices I have had to make in my life

Zorba and moreinjuredthanowen like this.
  20. moreinjuredthanowen

I have locked access to the other thread for myself to let others have that without interference as I'd prob make a comment or whatever

I think it's up to everyone themselves but I agree, it was a simple enough decision to not partake and I missed nowt I'm sure.

Zorba and Bumps like this.