1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League Three to go.

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Coming to the end of another season.....and we've found predicting results quite difficult.

So I'll throw myself in the deep end and predict the end of season finish.

Teams shown in present league positions.

Games to play.

Burton A..........Morecambe (A).................................Northampton (H).....Cambridge (A)..........Promoted
    Shrewsbury.....York (H)..............................................Cheltenham (A)........Plymouth A (H)........Champions
    Wycombe W....Wimbledon (A)..................................Morecambe (H)........Northampton (A).....Play-Offs
    Bury..................Portsmouth (A).....Southend (H).....Wimbledon (H).........Tranmere (A)............Promoted
    Southend.........Exeter (A)...............Bury (A)..............Luton (H)...................Morecambe (A)........Play-Offs
    Stevenage........Accrington (A)...................................Carlisle (H).................Luton (A)..................Play-Offs
    Plymouth A......Carlisle (A).........................................Tranmere (H)............Shrewsbury (A)........Play-offs
    Luton................Hartlepool (H)...................................Southend (A)............Stevenage (H)
    Newport...........Dag & Red (H)....................................York (A).....................Oxford (H)
    Exeter...............Southend (H)......................................Harlepool (A)...........Dag & Red (H)

Play-Off Winner.....Wycombe W.

How do you see it finishing........will Newport beat us to 7th ?

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Only one difference in my mind and that's Bury. They are due the wheels coming off their push for glory. Everyone else has had one so why not them starting with Portsmouth. Southend after which is their game in hand and they could be needing a miracle to catch Wycombe who I still fancy to get automatic. As for the rest it's pretty much only seventh place at stake really. Could still be one of 3 of us and we stand as much chance as anyone unless we need a miracle on the last game. Shrewsbury should be up by then and hopefully as champs so it doesn't matter to them.

3. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

That is a fair prediction Plym.. i don't care what happens above us as long as we are in 7th spot.. then its anyones place to get promoted.. hope fully as Sensible says Bury have a lean spell and finish 4th so we get them and give them a thumping!! let Battle commence!!

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

We could of course still make 6th if it's miracle time. Would prefer Southend to Bury if I could choose although either would be hard. Still we ain't anywhere yet so not the time to tempt fate.

5. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Seems like we're all over Carlisle but cannot score, we bloody need to second half. COYG!

6. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

From what i heard from Sparksie Argyle were pretty poor...down to the wire now a must win next Sat..

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Here we go again......in out in out shake it all about.....

8. Greenarmyjoe

Poor is a good statement.. it was totally shocking!!

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Seven teams did as I thought yesterday.....those that didn't where.....Wycombe W +1pt.....Plymouth A -1pt.....Newport -3pt.

The outcome is that Luton have strengthened their chances......but both their remaining games are against top seven teams.

We have to play the pub team from Tranmere who seem to be in total turmoil.....a home banker you would think.....but this is Argyle your talking about.....so we could just as easily lose that one......and then go to Shrewsbury and win.

On the other hand we could lose both and then the blame game will start......the minimum outcome should be the sacking of Sheridan....it takes some manager to throw it away with the players he has assembled at this basement division.

I can still hear the moaning and despondency of Sheridan's post-match interview with Sparksy ringing through my head....surely that will be transferred to the staff and players.....who expect strong leadership from him at such an important time.....it is up to him to get them motivated....sorry folks I feel Sheridan has lost the plot.....I'm not sure he had one to start with actually....and even if we get to the play offs and win promotion I think Sheridan isn't the right man for division two life.

10. Greenarmyjoe

Oh Dear.. Tranmere have parted company with their manager.. We know what happen's next!!

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Is that panic....or is that panic.

12. Greenarmyjoe

Well we always come off worse when a team changes or has no manager. It always seems to be us.. i think we will win 3 nil and that will send us to the play offs and Tranmere to the conference <party>

lyndhurstgreen likes this.
  13. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

i agree with your predictions greenarmy. oh wait that probably means we are doomed :emoticon-0107-sweat.

14. Greenarmyjoe

Well i am doing that and a Joker ... so 6 points for me

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

lyndhurst please please don't predict an Argyle win whatever you do. You've left it a bit late to get results right now....<whistle>

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

One game to go...........and with 3pts advantage plus 8 goals in hand we should beat Luton to the last play-off spot.

Big tussle for the 3rd promotion spot between Southend and Bury with Southend having the upperhand.

We will be playing the loser of that tussle in the play-offs.....so we might have an advantage if the loser is a bit down after losing automatic promotion.

But....If they both slip up next week....Wycombe W could still pip them......if Wycombe finish 4th then we would be playing them........clear as mud ain't it.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  17. Greenarmyjoe

Makes no difference Plym, in the play offs its a lottery

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Me and group were discussing this today. From a personal point of view I would love Wycombe to get the last auto spot. They have been up there all season when everyone was expecting them to be at the other end. They deserve it really. But, after that is said and dismissed, the consensus was that out of the teams up there they would be the best one to play to get to Wembley. They are fading, they have a small squad and a number of injuries so are stretched already. Sad when you have to look at opposition weaknesses rather than your own side's strengths. Have we got any?

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

At last it would appear that commonsense has prevailed and Reuben won't be playing on Saturday to give him chance to get over his foot injury for the playoff games which Sheridan expects us to be in. All I can say is it's about time and in my opinion this should have been the case a few games ago but better late than never. Reid has looked finished for a while now even though he has still knocked in a few. I would rather have him 90% fit when required than playing whilst 50% fit in a worthless game.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Maybe have him on the bench just incase Luton go mental.....you just never know.